• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought it was odd that Joe Biden brings up tiktok in pretty much every speech these days but now it all makes sense. Let me introduce you to The Restrict Act

The Restrict Act, S 686, https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/686/text?s=1&r=15#:~:text=S. 686 To authorize the Secretary of Commerce,SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES March 7, 2023

In short it gives the Secretary of Commerce and the Director of National Intelligence complete authority over any web-based app with $1M or more users or former transactions. This includes your RING security system, your banking apps, online bookies, bitcoin transactions, VPN usage, and social media accounts. It is immune to FOIA requests and cannot be challenged in court. TikTok is just the ruse to give the govt total control over all forms of communication and unlimited authority to enforce anything deemed a risk. It also allows them to not only govern current and future transactions but also all PAST transactions

The DNI and SecComm can deem anyone or any company an "unacceptable risk" or "foreign adversary" and fine you $1M with a 20yr prison sentence for something as insignificant as using a VPN or paying with bitcoin. The intentionally vague definitions woven throughout the bill simply allows the feds to classify anyone they want as a security threat, foreign or domestic, and enact punishment with no due process and immune to FOIA. It is the Patriot Act on steroids and, of course, a bipartisan bill. A "covered transaction" clause is met on any app that you've checked the box that says you read and consented to the rules of the site/app/cyrpto/game/VPN. It even references The Patriot Act to explain that the term critical infrastructure is anything deemed critical by that Bush bullshit which includes your land line, cell phone, voicemail, email accounts, etc.

This is an incredibly deceptive bill so if you were wondering why Joe Biden keeps bringing up TikTok even though it's already banned on federal devices, now you know. The Restrict Act will replace the Bill of Rights with Terms of Service

remember The Patriot Act was signed in 2001 before most of our online activities were even invented. There were very few smartphones, certainly no heavily used apps, little social media, no Alexa, no RING devices, no chatGPT or AI, no personal drones, no VPNs, no SaaS services, little online banking, and neither Bitcoin nor crypto had been invented yet. So this serves as The Patriot Act for the digital age. It highlights the one thing you don't care about, TikTok, to allow the govt to control everything you do care about.

and believe me it leaves NOTHING out. If you access it through the internet or it connects to other devices then the govt controls it. This is North Korea level authorization to spy on you and put you in prison. Section 5 posted below tells you what this covers. It's fn nuts

SEC. 5. CONSIDERATIONS.

(a) Priority Information And Communications Technology Areas.—In carrying out sections 3 and 4, the Secretary shall prioritize evaluation of—
(1) information and communications technology products or services used by a party to a covered transaction in a sector designated as critical infrastructure in Policy Directive 21 (February 12, 2013; relating to critical infrastructure security and resilience);
(2) software, hardware, or any other product or service integral to telecommunications products and services, including—
(A) wireless local area networks;
(B) mobile networks;
(C) satellite payloads;
(D) satellite operations and control;
(E) cable access points;
(F) wireline access points;
(G) core networking systems;
(H) long-, short-, and back-haul networks; or

(I) edge computer platforms;
(3) any software, hardware, or any other product or service integral to data hosting or computing service that uses, processes, or retains, or is expected to use, process, or retain, sensitive personal data with respect to greater than 1,000,000 persons in the United States at any point during the year period preceding the date on which the covered transaction is referred to the Secretary for review or the Secretary initiates review of the covered transaction, including—
(A) internet hosting services;
(B) cloud-based or distributed computing and data storage;
(C) machine learning, predictive analytics, and data science products and services, including those involving the provision of services to assist a party utilize, manage, or maintain open-source software;
(D) managed services; and
(E) content delivery services;
(4) internet- or network-enabled sensors, webcams, end-point surveillance or monitoring devices, modems and home networking devices if greater than 1,000,000 units have been sold to persons in the United States at any point during the year period preceding the date on which the covered transaction is referred to the Secretary for review or the Secretary initiates review of the covered transaction;
(5) unmanned vehicles, including drones and other aerials systems, autonomous or semi-autonomous vehicles, or any other product or service integral to the provision, maintenance, or management of such products or services;
(6) software designed or used primarily for connecting with and communicating via the internet that is in use by greater than 1,000,000 persons in the United States at any point during the year period preceding the date on which the covered transaction is referred to the Secretary for review or the Secretary initiates review of the covered transaction, including—
(A) desktop applications;
(B) mobile applications;
(C) gaming applications;
(D) payment applications; or
(E) web-based applications; or
(7) information and communications technology products and services integral to—
(A) artificial intelligence and machine learning;
(B) quantum key distribution;
(C) quantum communications;

(D) quantum computing;
(E) post-quantum cryptography;
(F) autonomous systems;
(G) advanced robotics;
(H) biotechnology;
(I) synthetic biology;
(J) computational biology; and
(K) e-commerce technology and services, including any electronic techniques for accomplishing business transactions, online retail, internet-enabled logistics, internet-enabled payment technology, and online marketplaces.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:46 PM, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Lack of Antifa support?

It's a long way from Portland to Paris.

What's happening with your 2nd favorite leader, far right wing wannabe dictator and Trump, Putin ally doing.

As usual I was the only poster at Double Standard Hoffa's Place that was critical of Neo-Nazi Netanyahu who is trying to convert Israel's long time democracy to a far right wing dictatorship.  Here's an article reporting how violent the right wing Israeli Neo-Nazis truly are.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-03-26/ty-article-live/senior-likud-members-hint-at-opposing-judicial-overhaul/00000187-1c81-d4ca-afff-1d89ee5b0000

1 hour ago, Bigrunner said:

What's happening with your 2nd favorite leader, far right wing wannabe dictator and Trump, Putin ally doing.

As usual I was the only poster at Double Standard Hoffa's Place that was critical of Neo-Nazi Netanyahu who is trying to convert Israel's long time democracy to a far right wing dictatorship.  Here's an article reporting how violent the right wing Israeli Neo-Nazis truly are.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2023-03-26/ty-article-live/senior-likud-members-hint-at-opposing-judicial-overhaul/00000187-1c81-d4ca-afff-1d89ee5b0000

I don't live there, nor do I vote there.

Thus, no interest and no opinions regarding their politics.

51 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I don't live there, nor do I vote there.

Thus, no interest and no opinions regarding their politics.

Double Standard Hoffa,  just the other day as you were interfering with my posting and banning me you were also promoting how great Netanyahu was. You and Gmcarroll33 exchanged like minded posts on the subject. You're unreal but the typical conservative far right winger. 

Ban me as usual if the truth hurts. :laugh

6 hours ago, jasson621 said:

I thought it was odd that Joe Biden brings up tiktok in pretty much every speech these days but now it all makes sense. Let me introduce you to The Restrict Act

The Restrict Act, S 686, https://www.congress.gov/bill/118th-congress/senate-bill/686/text?s=1&r=15#:~:text=S. 686 To authorize the Secretary of Commerce,SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES March 7, 2023

In short it gives the Secretary of Commerce and the Director of National Intelligence complete authority over any web-based app with $1M or more users or former transactions. This includes your RING security system, your banking apps, online bookies, bitcoin transactions, VPN usage, and social media accounts. It is immune to FOIA requests and cannot be challenged in court. TikTok is just the ruse to give the govt total control over all forms of communication and unlimited authority to enforce anything deemed a risk. It also allows them to not only govern current and future transactions but also all PAST transactions

The DNI and SecComm can deem anyone or any company an "unacceptable risk" or "foreign adversary" and fine you $1M with a 20yr prison sentence for something as insignificant as using a VPN or paying with bitcoin. The intentionally vague definitions woven throughout the bill simply allows the feds to classify anyone they want as a security threat, foreign or domestic, and enact punishment with no due process and immune to FOIA. It is the Patriot Act on steroids and, of course, a bipartisan bill. A "covered transaction" clause is met on any app that you've checked the box that says you read and consented to the rules of the site/app/cyrpto/game/VPN. It even references The Patriot Act to explain that the term critical infrastructure is anything deemed critical by that Bush bullshit which includes your land line, cell phone, voicemail, email accounts, etc.

This is an incredibly deceptive bill so if you were wondering why Joe Biden keeps bringing up TikTok even though it's already banned on federal devices, now you know. The Restrict Act will replace the Bill of Rights with Terms of Service

AOC is bringing up Tik Tok also.  The official party platform is the libs are for China stealing information from their voting base.  I’m good with that, as long as we don’t have to bail them out.

5 hours ago, Bigrunner said:

Double Standard Hoffa,  just the other day as you were interfering with my posting and banning me you were also promoting how great Netanyahu was. You and Gmcarroll33 exchanged like minded posts on the subject. You're unreal but the typical conservative far right winger. 

Ban me as usual if the truth hurts. :laugh

• Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread