r/ Wall Street Bets

HinesWard86

20 minutes ago, WVU said:

Doge will be .02 by the middle of next week if not sooner

I dk...lot of dumb money coming into crypto now.  I think Musk had to promote BTC just to get his sheep out of a potentially dangerous situation.   It may hold for a minute.  I sold half of my Doge this morning into BTC. Still have quite a bit , but same as yesterday...monitoring closely. Just wanted to take profit and get  Imy initial investment out.  I don’t want to have to watch coins that closely so will probably transfer more into BTC soon unless I see big upward swing again...as I did with many of my alts this morning.    Initially WSB money will come into BTC...then they will start getting interested in alts.  But for now, I see BTC as safest bet...I dk if I would have bought Doge  at 5....just be alert! 
n

HP just watch closely.   Things move VERY fast in crypto (both ways) and if you are buying on RH, who knows what they will do. GL

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Dingo said:

I brought shitcoin Verge yesterday,looking at crap coins with established pump and dump groups

You buying XVG (hahahah remember Verge Whale lololol)  is only slightly better than me buying Doge....but as long as we are making money. Lol..  TRON is up too lmao. 

actually...now that I think about it..,I bet some of the WSB people are disgruntled crypro defectors....they are obviously sentimental about their younger years so 

XVG and TRON may not be bad plays...who knows. 

19 minutes ago, IAG said:

See screen shot of  what I posted above.  It was apparently  up and taken down in night and out back up.  There is no WSB coin. That’s why I asked if they were hacked.     I do see one being created though. 

oh i thought that was the coin they created?

2 minutes ago, IAG said:

No.  Look at the the ranking...price doesn’t change.   Click on it and it clearly says there is no asset and it’s a joke.  

im dumb.  I think I have slept a total of 5 hours in the last 3 days.  The joke isn't really that funny and seems kinda irresponsible 

1 minute ago, IAG said:

No.  Look at the the ranking...price doesn’t change.   Click on it and it clearly says there is no asset and it’s a joke.  

I think originally they hacked the site cause in the middle of the night they removed it.

they must have reached some sort of compromise 

Just now, milwaukee mike said:

i love being the dumbass that sells something stupid like doge for 3.9 and rebuys it for 5.6

:flag

I know the feeling.  I woke up and bought more BTC at recent top,  but I’m good holding...Doge ironically was one of my best plays ever.   Just by paying attention to Twitter and WSB forum ...I even made a disparaging joke about them in the crypto thread a few weeks back in the BAT discusssion.   I hope they still go.  People like dogs.  True meme coin.    It could happen...but only momentum. Coin is crap. 

4 minutes ago, WVU said:

im dumb.  I think I have slept a total of 5 hours in the last 3 days.  The joke isn't really that funny and seems kinda irresponsible 

No...I first thought maybe too...If you read my earlier post I first woke up and was like WTF???   I clicked on it and then saw it was a joke. Then I was scared the BTC price wasn’t real too.   Crypto doesn’t sleep...but I would bet dimes to donuts that there will be a WSB coin in future. 

PS...get some sleep.  I did same thing when poker started.  I thought I was doing fine but it took a toll. Severe sleep deprivation is no joke. 

1 minute ago, IAG said:

I know the feeling.  I woke up and bought more BTC at recent top,  but I’m good holding...Doge ironically was one of my best plays ever.   Just by paying attention to Twitter and WSB forum ...I even made a disparaging joke about them in the crypto thread a few weeks back in the BAT discusssion.   I hope they still go.  People like dogs.  True meme coin.    It could happen...but only momentum. Coin is crap. 

all crypto coins are crap

the crypto community hating on doge is ridiculous, pretty much all the alts lost 95%+ a few years ago so to say they have some inherent value and doge doesn't is wrong

the crypto community hating on doge is ridiculous, pretty much all the alts lost 95%+ a few years ago so to say they have some inherent value and doge doesn't is wrong

well most coins do perform services on the blockchain which is a real thing with value

3 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

STRONGLY disagree,  Strongly. There are a handful of solid coins and then thre are coins with potential,  and then then there are shitcoins, Doge is a shitcoin with a community. Just like XVG.

Just now, IAG said:

STRONGLY disagree,  Strongly. There are a handful of solid coins and then thre are coins with potential and then then there are shitcoins, Doge is a shitcoin with a community. Just like XVG.

Yup

purely a momentum play

BAT is my biggest pure play but that might turn out to be a shitcoin as well

lets just make some cheddar!!!

1 minute ago, IAG said:

STRONGLY disagree,  Strongly. There are a handful of solid coins and then thre are coins with potential,  and then then there are shitcoins, Doge is a shitcoin with a community. Just like XVG.

netflix was a shit company that mailed dvds

gamestop was a shit company that resold video games

none of that matters, all that matters is supply and demand... demand for doge might dry up today, but it might not

netflix was a shit company that mailed dvds

gamestop was a shit company that resold video games

none of that matters, all that matters is supply and demand... demand for doge might dry up today, but it might not

I don’t think you get it.  Doge was never meant to be anything but a joke.  Those were real companies.  Believe me I’m still holding...just saying...be careful out there.

quote from someone much smarter than me about ADA:

As for Cardano, I see it through the lens of the value ascribed to ethereum. Ethereum and Cardano are both smart contract platforms which offer utility well beyond that of bitcoin. After nearly 4 years of involvement and study I will boil down my comparison to this. Ethereum was the original innovator and has an amazing network effect of developers. Cardano took the learnings from Ethereum and then took the concepts back to first principles and designed a new tech stack based on academic rigor, mathematical proof and peer reviewed research. Cardano then also considered what it takes for a more complex platform that can serve as a multi-purposed chain to maintain itself indefinitely. With that, it considered how to handle how incentives, governance, treasury and sustainability for such an ecosystem. Ethereum is currently the biggest smart contract platform but it continues to stumble on its own success due to a variety of technical limitations and governance. They are addressing those but even in their best case that is going to take 2+ years to figure out (which is forever in the crypto world). In contrast, Cardano has addressed all of those issues but is now only building out its developer community. I can tell you though from my involvement that their developer community is growing fast because the tech stack is better. So, in the end I think both will be successful because there is room for more than one winner and while one has better tech the other has more developers at the moment.

2 minutes ago, WVU said:

quote from someone much smarter than me about ADA:

As for Cardano, I see it through the lens of the value ascribed to ethereum. Ethereum and Cardano are both smart contract platforms which offer utility well beyond that of bitcoin. After nearly 4 years of involvement and study I will boil down my comparison to this. Ethereum was the original innovator and has an amazing network effect of developers. Cardano took the learnings from Ethereum and then took the concepts back to first principles and designed a new tech stack based on academic rigor, mathematical proof and peer reviewed research. Cardano then also considered what it takes for a more complex platform that can serve as a multi-purposed chain to maintain itself indefinitely. With that, it considered how to handle how incentives, governance, treasury and sustainability for such an ecosystem. Ethereum is currently the biggest smart contract platform but it continues to stumble on its own success due to a variety of technical limitations and governance. They are addressing those but even in their best case that is going to take 2+ years to figure out (which is forever in the crypto world). In contrast, Cardano has addressed all of those issues but is now only building out its developer community. I can tell you though from my involvement that their developer community is growing fast because the tech stack is better. So, in the end I think both will be successful because there is room for more than one winner and while one has better tech the other has more developers at the moment.

Problem I see  in short term is that Cardano is not sexy enough for momentum plays.  Once people calm down and invest on fundamentals it will do well I’m sure..although I sold half my Ada for BTC this morning and half for doge yesterday afternoon.    I will buy back in eventually.    But yeah, for anyone to suggest something like ADA is comparable to Doge is silliness. 

1 minute ago, milwaukee mike said:

doge was meant to be a joke, to prove that the other alts were a joke, which they are

why would polkadot realistically be worth $18 billion?

because they make up a bunch of buzzwords and do some scaling?  bfd, i could hire 10 teenagers to do everything that they are doing and i wouldn't cost me $18 billion

Apples and oranges buddy.  https://www.publish0x.com/hodl-write-crypto-aye-sir/is-dogecoin-a-shitcoin-or-a-good-coin-xqowowl

While the rest of other cryptocurrencies such as Ethereum coming up with Ethereum 2.0, Litecoin with their MimbleWimble, and Cardano with their Shelley hard fork, Dogecoin’s development is stagnant.

The last update was the Dogecoin-Ethereum bridge in 2018.

In addition, from an investor’s standpoint, it’s ridiculous and disastrous to invest in Dogecoin. Why? Because its total supply is uncapped and it’s inflation is as high as the mountain of Everest.