r/ Wall Street Bets

HinesWard86

6 minutes ago, WVU said:

IGGY, do you take advantage of the staking wallets for bitcoin?  You can get 10% on stable coins like USDC and 5% on bitcoin just for holding them in your wallet?

Celcius, Abra, Nexo, Crypto.com, blockfi, and voyager

That makes zero sense to me on staking BTC.     BTC is something called proof of work as opposed to proof of stake. Don’t think you can stake BTC. ..I dk about staking USDC...not familiar with it or the others... Only thing I have ever staked was DOT.   There is risk, I just don’t know how much.   You can lose your coins if the verifiers screw up.  That being said staking DOT on Kraken seemed straightforward and return showed 12 percent. I dk if less risk doing it thru them.   There is something called slashing where you can lose coin.  I just don’t know risk/reward.   But if you find out let me know!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Monitor-Tan said:

US, you can only use their original if u VPN it and even then not all VPN works with it from what I've heard from a few people

I logged in a few weeks ago and got notification to move coins or lose them...I did.  I have a VPN, but didn’t want to risk it.  It sucks.  Far superior to Binance US. 

4 minutes ago, IAG said:

That makes zero sense to me on staking BTC.     BTC is something called proof of work as opposed to proof of stake. Don’t think you can stake BTC. ..I dk about staking USDC...not familiar with it or the others... Only thing I have ever staked was DOT.   There is risk, I just don’t know how much.   You can lose your coins if the verifiers screw up.  That being said staking DOT on Kraken seemed straightforward and return showed 12 percent. I dk if less risk doing it thru them.   There is something called slashing where you can lose coin.  I just don’t know risk/reward.   But if you find out let me know!

Tezos stakes for 5% and Cosmos stakes for 4.63% on coinbase.  Download the Yoroi wallet to get 5% stake with ADA.  Other wallets will pay you 10% for USDC.  trying to find out more.  This is from my guy:

The ones I've looked at are celcius, abra, nexo, crypto.com, blockfi and voyager (you've mentioned this one before). Generally you can get 4-6% on crypto and 10% on stablecoins like USDC. Of course, with the latter you wouldn't have any capital appreciation opportunity since those are pegged to the dollar. The risk with these is that the loans they are doing behind the scenes could perform badly and that they are holding your crypto on your behalf which is how crypto has been hacked in the past. I don't think they are bad just making clear of their risk as oppossed to you holding your own tokens, like in the case of ADA and earning your return. Same return, less risk.

10 minutes ago, WVU said:

Tezos stakes for 5% and Cosmos stakes for 4.63% on coinbase.  Download the Yoroi wallet to get 5% stake with ADA.  Other wallets will pay you 10% for USDC.  trying to find out more.  This is from my guy:

The ones I've looked at are celcius, abra, nexo, crypto.com, blockfi and voyager (you've mentioned this one before). Generally you can get 4-6% on crypto and 10% on stablecoins like USDC. Of course, with the latter you wouldn't have any capital appreciation opportunity since those are pegged to the dollar. The risk with these is that the loans they are doing behind the scenes could perform badly and that they are holding your crypto on your behalf which is how crypto has been hacked in the past. I don't think they are bad just making clear of their risk as oppossed to you holding your own tokens, like in the case of ADA and earning your return. Same return, less risk.

I would be very suspect about the stable coin deal.   Seems odd to me.   Also read up on slashing.

If you hold your coins on any exchange you risk hacking,  you don’t technically own them....only way to avoid that is to use hard wallet.   I have one for years.....just have never used it lol.  Doesn’t matter of coins are staked or not.   Kraken also does let you unfreeze staked coins quickly which is not always the case I’ve read.   Important if you decide to sell. 

27 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Waiting to see after the market close if these degens start hammering doge  please god let them!!!

RH banned some of the crypto trades I read.  I’m hoping they are in process of moving to other crypto only exchanges and will be in soon....I’m hoping.  Surprised on BTC drop...not so much on Doge.   Think old BTC money took profit on BTC and new money will be in in coming weeks.  I’m hoping. 

14 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i blame iag for this

she got me back into doge and then badmouths it all over the internet

i found a way to double my money and still up behind

fml

What! Lol.   I got you on at .o11.. I didn’t tell you to sell at .03!     Or buy at .05....You FOMOed on price action.      I said the same thing about it when I bought it..my opinion has never changed.  It’s a Dogshit coin.  ....one of HP funniest lines.  Lol.