Lumber Prices

brokerstip

Anyone here in the construction world have any thoughts on lumber prices this year vs. Spring 2022? Trying to decide if I should build a shed now or wait until later this year.

Also, going to be building a house next to it and pricing differences from starting late this year vs. early next year. Building a house is a complete nightmare with everything trying to get it done. Have the house plans done, now trying to get a guess on how much it's going to cost us. 

5 hours ago, brokerstip said:

Anyone here in the construction world have any thoughts on lumber prices this year vs. Spring 2022? Trying to decide if I should build a shed now or wait until later this year.

Also, going to be building a house next to it and pricing differences from starting late this year vs. early next year. Building a house is a complete nightmare with everything trying to get it done. Have the house plans done, now trying to get a guess on how much it's going to cost us. 

Have you started the permitting process?

That's another nightmare...

1 hour ago, WVU said:

That's a big ass shed.  What are you putting in it?

want storage for 2 kids vehicles, mower, side by side to push snow in winter, golf simulator and 1/2 basketball court. My kids are all young and want them hanging out at our place. Not sure on side yet but my first instinct. 

40x60 is the max. Concrete slab costs about $10k

1 hour ago, brokerstip said:

want storage for 2 kids vehicles, mower, side by side to push snow in winter, golf simulator and 1/2 basketball court. My kids are all young and want them hanging out at our place. Not sure on side yet but my first instinct. 

40x60 is the max. Concrete slab costs about $10k

Golf simulator sounds dope

Lumber right now compared to last year, just a 2x4 last year approx 2.50   now 5.35   plywood 22 a sheet 40-45 now. 

My guess nothing ever goes down in my trade. Fkrs rob us during covid. And when its over they will take forever to try to get things lower.

I have 2 letters from the biggest plywood suppliers in the country. 

Biggest supplier has 0 inventory 

2nd biggest almost out.

Im getting ready to do a steel pole barn approx. 24x40 check prices on those great deals. And they look great . 

The Amish do them here in MD.    

I've looked at a couple places online where you can design your own. I haven't spoke with anyone with building knowledge yet, just a little research on my side.

Might end up doing a loft; putting the simulator up there and storage below that. I'm guessing going higher is cheaper than going deeper with concrete????

23 hours ago, brokerstip said:

I've looked at a couple places online where you can design your own. I haven't spoke with anyone with building knowledge yet, just a little research on my side.

Might end up doing a loft; putting the simulator up there and storage below that. I'm guessing going higher is cheaper than going deeper with concrete????

Even if you dont finish initially I would recommend you build it with the loft.  

And as far as lumber prices.  Its anyones guess.  Id lean they come down some as things begin to return to normal.  

Ive got a few lots ive been holding off on building out hoping it gets lower.  

• 11 months later...