Is Anyone Watching...

Jimmy Hoffa

...Married at First Sight?

I watched a little bit last year due to no sports Covid periods. It's dumb, 5 guys marry 5 girls they've never met.

This year is a disaster already.

2 high school dropouts married 2 bright girls, one is an Engineer and the other is an Accountant.

A punctual pilot married a party girl around 10 years younger.

A dorky loner IT guy married an outgoing social butterfly.

A wound-too-tight control freak married a ditzy dumass flight attendant. 

On top of all that, one of the dropouts was engaged and expecting a baby when he went off to marry another woman on the show.

Madness.

16 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

...Married at First Sight?

I watched a little bit last year due to no sports Covid periods. It's dumb, 5 guys marry 5 girls they've never met.

This year is a disaster already.

2 high school dropouts married 2 bright girls, one is an Engineer and the other is an Accountant.

A punctual pilot married a party girl around 10 years younger.

A dorky loner IT guy married an outgoing social butterfly.

A wound-too-tight control freak married a ditzy dumass flight attendant. 

On top of all that, one of the dropouts was engaged and expecting a baby when he went off to marry another woman on the show.

Madness.

Just when I thought reality tv could get no worse.   And I probably won’t watch it.   I’m still in the process of a Melrose Place revisit which might carry me thru the Covid. 

While there is no mass cult suicide that doesn’t fall under the definition of eerie, the scene at the rented mansion was beyond creepy. The people of Heaven’s Gate spared no detail in planning their escape from Earth, and were lined up neatly in bunk beds, dressed exactly alike in black shirts and sweatpants, identical Nikes, purple cloth covering their faces, and exactly $5.75 in each pocket. Tied around each member’s arm was a Star Trek-influenced arm band identifying them as “Heaven’s Gate’s Away Team”. They had killed themselves in shifts, one shift would overdose on vodka and phenobarbital, tying plastic bags over their heads for good measure, and the remaining shifts would clean up the mess, and then take their turn. The suicide shifts lasted for three days, in three groups. Applewhite was in the second group.

9 hours ago, sleepy said:

about to turn on that The curse of Oak Island

8.5 years and over 200 episodes

and still no treasure

the have a lead cross, broken pottery, a shoe heel, a piece of cheap jeweler, a door nob, dozens of rusty ox shoes to show for the effort

It's a scam, the mystery brings in huge money to the area, they could bring in a huge dredger and solve it in a month, they have no desire to.