Went bezerk at Grand Meadow assisted living

sleepy

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My sister calls me last night and says mom needs some clothes, shoes personal items and asks me to get them and drive them down.

When I get there I walk into the main entrance and the door is locked and I have to ring a buzzer to get in. I push the button and nothing happens. I wait five minutes and finally someone buzzes me in.

When I get in there is no one at the front desk. There are literally twenty 90 yr olds in this cafeteria thing starring at me like I'm the elephant man.

Finally someone comes up and asks me if they can help me and I tell them who I'm looking for. The lady says we don't have anyone here by that name. Then she asks this janitor looking dude if he has heard of my moms name and he says oh yeah she is in the west wing. The lady tells me I have to drive around to this other door. The simpleton I am I say aren't all these buildings connected? She say yes but you can't just walk through the hallway and go there. I'm like that would far to complicated and hard. Much easier to take all this shit and pack it back into my car and drive to a different door.

When I get to the other door of course its locked and I have to go through the whole buzz shit again. Five minutes later a lady comes and says yeah you need to make an appointment and that she will have to get the administrator to let me in. Five minutes later she comes back and says the administrator is on the phone and will come when she is done. I swear I waited 15 minutes before she came and again with the appointment bullshit. Now I'm really irritated and not interested in a lecture. I'm like WTF you running a prison camp here? She gives me all kinds of BS why I need to make an appointment as we start heading in she says you got to put on this PPE suit like thing. I tell her to fuck off and I'm not wearing that bullshit. She says everyone needs to do this because of the COVID hoax. I tell her to take this shit to my mom and leave.

I call my sister and tell her to fuck off and I'm never going back there again.

26 minutes ago, sleepy said:

My sister calls me last night and says mom needs some clothes, shoes personal items and asks me to get them and drive them down.

When I get there I walk into the main entrance and the door is locked and I have to ring a buzzer to get in. I push the button and nothing happens. I wait five minutes and finally someone buzzes me in.

When I get in there is no one at the front desk. There are literally twenty 90 yr olds in this cafeteria thing starring at me like I'm the elephant man.

Finally someone comes up and asks me if they can help me and I tell them who I'm looking for. The lady says we don't have anyone here by that name. Then she asks this janitor looking dude if he has heard of my moms name and he says oh yeah she is in the west wing. The lady tells me I have to drive around to this other door. The simpleton I am I say aren't all these buildings connected? She say yes but you can't just walk through the hallway and go there. I'm like that would far to complicated and hard. Much easier to take all this shit and pack it back into my car and drive to a different door.

When I get to the other door of course its locked and I have to go through the whole buzz shit again. Five minutes later a lady comes and says yeah you need to make an appointment and that she will have to get the administrator to let me in. Five minutes later she comes back and says the administrator is on the phone and will come when she is done. I swear I waited 15 minutes before she came and again with the appointment bullshit. Now I'm really irritated and not interested in a lecture. I'm like WTF you running a prison camp here? She gives me all kinds of BS why I need to make an appointment as we start heading in she says you got to put on this PPE suit like thing. I tell her to fuck off and I'm not wearing that bullshit. She says everyone needs to do this because of the COVID hoax. I tell her to take this shit to my mom and leave.

I call my sister and tell her to fuck off and I'm never going back there again.

Whether it's true or not...

Let them know that you are your mother's power of attorney, let them know they aren't getting paid unless you can speak with her one on one and privately. 

These places run 8-10k per month after Medicare stops paying (21st day).

They will accommodate you if they think you hold the checkbook.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Let them know that you are your mother's power of attorney, let them know they aren't getting paid unless you can speak with her one on one and privately. 

Most likely she was in the hospital and was put in this transition care facililty that medicare pays for, my mom went through the same thing, medicare pays for something like 14 or 21 days and the facility wants every dime, my mom was much better after a week and we wanted to take her home, we had to jump through all kinds of hoops(which took like 2 more days) to get it done. So the family is not paying for it and has little power, it's completely fucked up. They just kept pressuring us to keep her there because medicare was paying for it.

3 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Yup. Been looking into purchasing a small one around here. Easy $15k per month per patient at the private pay ones that arent even that nice. Huge cash cows. 

1 minute ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Yup. Been looking into purchasing a small one around here. Easy $15k per month per patient at the private pay ones that arent even that nice. Huge cash cows. 

Fantastic business opportunity with the baby boomers approaching nursing home age.

A good mix is to allot 30-40% for Medicaid beds just to keep the place full of paying customers.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Fantastic business opportunity with the baby boomers approaching nursing home age.

A good mix is to allot 30-40% for Medicaid beds just to keep the place full of paying customers.

Been doing some consulting for one the last few months. Very interesting business and agree that’s it’s amazing opportunity particularly w the aging population 

17 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Been doing some consulting for one the last few months. Very interesting business and agree that’s it’s amazing opportunity particularly w the aging population 

I worked with the VA  SNF Contract program for a few years.

A VA contracted facility can name their reimbursment price. The VA will pay any price to get their guys of of their hospital beds and into a facility.

Once approved for the program the facility won't have to worry about empty beds anymore. VA hospital discharges fill beds fast at top dollar. 

• 4 weeks later...