What a difference four hours makes

IAG

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

That place looks nice, the breakfast looks tasty!  How is traveling in these conditions?  The girlfriend wants to go to Aruba in August, I’m just worried I’ll be stranded there for a month and get fired ?

TraveI was fine...I spent the miles from CC offer and flew first class so to be a little more distanced,  so I don’t know how full the plane was actually. Other than reduction of people at the hotel, and limited services on Mon and Tues, it was fine. Did have to wear a mask inside the hotel, but not outside. My brother just got back from Mexico and he said that they were just so thankful to have the tourists that they bent  over backwards and were so appreciative  just to have them there.    They did have to take a Covid test before entering Mexico and upon return.  I would imagine by August it would be fine. I would try to get tickets now while they may be cheaper. Most airlines have no change fees I think, so you could use at later date (with applicable price adjustment) at a later date of you needed to. 

It just felt good to have some semblance of normal for a few days. 

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I just booked a trip to vegas in May, flying out on delta using points, coming back on spirit - last year I canceled and had a $25 credit . The return is $56 resulting in a $31 fare, of which $15 is taxes and fees, so they're flying me back for 16 bucks. I'm not sure that's a good business model?

Plane has to run full or not.  Nice deal there.

4 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Spirit is the most poverty airline I’ve ever had the misfortune of flying. 

I've heard that, this will be the 1st time I've flown them, as you know I'm just a tad thrifty, I could fly free on Southwest using points but there are no non stops from here so I'd be looking at an extra 3 hours travel time. So  for $31 non stop I'll take my chances, the flight times on spirit are perfect too - 2 :30 pm departure from vegas. I am retired with no time constraints.