Big Trouble in a Small Town

Jimmy Hoffa

There's a local family in my area that everyone around here knows.

The Dad is a programmer and his wife is a stay at home mother of 4 over achieving kids. I'm friendly with the dad, I know the mother somewhat and my kids know their kids. The mother is a Martha Stewart wannabe and local Karen. For the sake of this report I'll call the dad Chad and the mom Karen.

They belong to the country club also and are seen around frequently, football games, at the market, post office, etc... I bump into someone from their family all the time. 

I've always felt that Karen had a little wildcat in her, she's attractive, a little sexy but her bossy ways always made me dislike her for the most part. I've seen her mingling and flirting at the club and guys respond.

Chad along with being a programmer serves in the Air Force Reserve. He's an Officer, not a pilot but he serves on air crews and flies every month out of Fairchild AFB in Spokane on the big aerial refueling planes. I'm not sure what he does on the flights, maybe a navigator or something.

Anyway, last week Chad gets deployed to Ircirlik Air Base in Turkey for a month to fly NATO missions. Soon after Karen decides it's to party a little. She hits the club bar, a local tavern another few places in the area and does her thing all weekend. 

Karen and her pals are big participants in the local Facebook groups. Sharing recipes, minding other peoples business, spouting off about their perfect kids, all that shit.

Well it seems that Karen's lost weekend was exposed a little bit too much. 

One of Karen's girlfriends had bought a new car and posted a picture of it in front of the local tavern for her friends to see on Facebook. On the street behind the car a few people are visible. Two of those people are Karen and a local gentleman who were kissing when the picture was taken. I saw the picture and it's 100% her.

On the other side of the world Chad saw the picture too while perusing the local Facebook page.

Chad decides to take action and confront the situation. He gets a 72 hour pass and hops on an Air Force jet returning from Turkey to Washington D.C. carrying diplomats. From there he gets on a C-17 transport plane coming back from Norway via D.C. and lands at McCord AFB in Tacoma, WA. From there he rents a car, drives nearly 4 hours to his house and knocks on the door. Karen answers the door and he proceeds to beat her ass, badly. As in missing teeth badly...

After the encounter with Karen, he drives back to Tacoma and catches an Air Force flight to Germany and then another back to Turkey where he reports for duty. The next day he's flying NATO missions again.

In the meantime Karen drags herself to the hospital for treatment. She's bruised pretty bad, one eye swelled up, mouth like an overripe tomato. She was walloped good.

After treatment commences and they are helping her to get up and leave, the Sheriff comes into the hospital with questions.

However Karen decides not to talk to the Sheriff. She denies anyone beat her up and says she fell in the garage, that's it.

Then the Sheriff takes it to the next step, he calls Fairchild and asks if Chad is deployed and how to get in touch with him. Next thing Chad knows his phone is ringing in Turkey. He denies knowing anything but by now the Sheriff knows he was on a 72 hour pass and knows every stop he made around the world including the car rental. What the Sheriff can't prove is what Chard did during the time he rented the car and then later returned it. Chad's commanding officer then takes a call and listens to the Sherriff's story and decides Chad will stay on duty, not return for questioning and complete his deployment. The Sherriff will have to wait.

Everyone around here knows exactly what happened.

What nobody knows is how this mess will resolve. The Sheriff has a non-cooperating witness and suspect with a nine hour window of opportunity.

The family has gone silent on Facebook while their neighbors openly discuss their fate.

To be updated as news develops...

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

There's a local family in my area that everyone around here knows.

The Dad is a programmer and his wife is a stay at home mother of 4 over achieving kids. I'm friendly with the dad, I know the mother somewhat and my kids know their kids. The mother is a Martha Stewart wannabe and local Karen. For the sake of this report I'll call the dad Chad and the mom Karen.

They belong to the country club also and are seen around frequently, football games, at the market, post office, etc... I bump into someone from their family all the time. 

I've always felt that Karen had a little wildcat in her, she's attractive, a little sexy but her bossy ways always made me dislike her for the most part. I've seen her mingling and flirting at the club and guys respond.

Chad along with being a programmer serves in the Air Force Reserve. He's an Officer, not a pilot but he serves on air crews and flies every month out of Fairchild AFB in Spokane on the big aerial refueling planes. I'm not sure what he does on the flights, maybe a navigator or something.

Anyway, last week Chad gets deployed to Ircirlik Air Base in Turkey for a month to fly NATO missions. Soon after Karen decides it's to party a little. She hits the club bar, a local tavern another few places in the area and does her thing all weekend. 

Karen and her pals are big participants in the local Facebook groups. Sharing recipes, minding other peoples business, spouting off about their perfect kids, all that shit.

Well it seems that Karen's lost weekend was exposed a little bit too much. 

One of Karen's girlfriends had bought a new car and posted a picture of it in front of the local tavern for her friends to see on Facebook. On the street behind the car a few people are visible. Two of those people are Karen and a local gentleman who were kissing when the picture was taken. I saw the picture and it's 100% her.

On the other side of the world Chad saw the picture too while perusing the local Facebook page.

Chad decides to take action and confront the situation. He gets a 72 hour pass and hops on an Air Force jet returning from Turkey to Washington D.C. carrying diplomats. From there he gets on a C-17 transport plane coming back from Norway via D.C. and lands at McCord AFB in Tacoma, WA. From there he rents a car, drives nearly 4 hours to his house and knocks on the door. Karen answers the door and he proceeds to beat her ass, badly. As in missing teeth badly...

After the encounter with Karen, he drives back to Tacoma and catches an Air Force flight to Germany and then another back to Turkey where he reports for duty. The next day he's flying NATO missions again.

In the meantime Karen drags herself to the hospital for treatment. She's bruised pretty bad, one eye swelled up, mouth like an overripe tomato. She was walloped good.

After treatment commences and they are helping her to get up and leave, the Sheriff comes into the hospital with questions.

However Karen decides not to talk to the Sheriff. She denies anyone beat her up and says she fell in the garage, that's it.

Then the Sheriff takes it to the next step, he calls Fairchild and asks if Chad is deployed and how to get in touch with him. Next thing Chad knows his phone is ringing in Turkey. He denies knowing anything but by now the Sheriff knows he was on a 72 hour pass and knows every stop he made around the world including the car rental. What the Sheriff can't prove is what Chard did during the time he rented the car and then later returned it. Chad's commanding officer then takes a call and listens to the Sherriff's story and decides Chad will stay on duty, not return for questioning and complete his deployment. The Sherriff will have to wait.

Everyone around here knows exactly what happened.

What nobody knows is how this mess will resolve. The Sheriff has a non-cooperating witness and suspect with a nine hour window of opportunity.

The family has gone silent on Facebook while their neighbors openly discuss their fate.

To be updated as news develops...

It sounds like nothing happened since she wont press charges.

This guy "fell" too.

25 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

A thought from the other side

If Dude had shown the same level of committment and dedication to making things right as he did to Karen pre punch then maybe it wouldnt have happened in the first place.

Good point.

This is the family you see at the kids soccer game, folding chairs, mini van, all of that.

You can never really tell what actually goes on in someone else's home.

Late update from Facebook:

The local chatter moms are debating about whether the time Karen missed a PTA meeting it was because she was actually sick, or if Chad had whupped her the night before...

• 2 weeks later...

Update...

The best place in town to gather intelligence is at the local bakery on a Saturday morning.

This morning I was in there not for reconnaissance, but to replace the cinnamon rolls that I consumed last night that the kids were saving for this morning.

Pulling up to the bakery and parking I noticed Karen exiting a new Cadillac Escalade. Black with gold pinstripes, very sharp.

In the bakery there were several people in line thus giving me a chance to  begin interrogating Karen.

I say good morning and complement her new car. She thanks me and then I said, "Chad is going to be surprised when he comes back and sees the new Escalade". She in turn says, "I'm sure he'll be more surprised when he finds out that I traded in his truck to buy it". 

Undeterred I respond with, "Well if you sold his truck, what's he going to use to pull your boat?" She responds, "It doesn't matter, I sold that too".

I predict that whenever he comes back from deployment, someone in that home is going to be murdered...