Deshaun Watson, it Keeps Getting Worse

Jimmy Hoffa

3 cases filed and 6 more coming. He's up against a legal heavyweight here, he's going down fast...

LAWYER GOING AFTER DESHAUN WATSON WITH MASSAGE THERAPIST LAWSUITS SPEAKS OUT

updated 4Comments

Tony Buzbee, the lawyer who has now filed three lawsuits on behalf of massage therapists who were allegedly sexually assaulted by Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, promises he’s not done filing cases against the 25-year-old.

In a statement posted to Instagram Wednesday night, Buzbee opened up on his role in filing these lawsuits. The former neighbor of the late Bob McNair, the Texans founder, got a few things off his chest.

“Third lawsuit of now six to be filed, against Deshaun Watson, alleging assault. This one is the most egregious, to date,” Buzbee said. In the third lawsuit, Buzbee’s client alleges Watson forced her to perform oral sex on him.

“Again, I won’t share details here, but we have open courts in our Texas Constitution, meaning all lawsuits are public record. Our staff has received numerous calls. We screen each one, and I personally talk with and screen any individual on whose behalf we file.

“I’ve been doing this a long time. I don’t need ‘fame,’ and, to be quite honest, and I say this as modestly as I can, if I never made another penny I would be quite okay. Point is, I’m not pursuing these cases for the money, and every woman who has filed thus far has only plead the minimum amount to invoke the court’s jurisdiction ($500).

“This isn’t about the money!! And to be clear: I’ve had many high profile cases in my life. I represented a sitting governor when he faced life in prison. I’ve represented widows, orphans, amputees, and those horribly burned or injured. As lead, I’ve handled many mass torts and class actions recovering hundreds of millions of dollars.

“I’ve tried and won some of the largest cases in Texas history. But, I will say I’ve never faced the nastiness and vitriol I’ve experienced in this case. People are crazy! Threatening my kids? People I know? Threatening my fiancé? Telling me they will kill me or they hope I die? All because of football?? Get a grip!!

“Yet: We won’t be deterred or intimidated by key board warriors. As a Recon Marine I’ve seen danger—I’m not at all concerned by dumb shits with a keyboard. Haha. I’ll continue to proudly represent those who are written off and marginalized in our society. These cases are exactly why many of us became lawyers.”

According to a 2013 report by the New York Times, Buzbee is a well-known trial lawyer in Texas where he’s served on the Texas A&M Board of Regents, he’s served as chairman of the Galveston County Democratic Party, contributed significant money to Rick Perry’s governor bid, and has been called a “big, mean, ambitious, tenacious, fire-breathing Texas trial lawyer.”

Buzbee has run for office as a Democrat, he’s a former Marine, and he’s considered one of the most successful trial lawyers in Texas. In 2010, the New York Times Magazine wrote a massive front-page feature on Buzbee where it’s noted that “his firm had won the largest single verdict against BP in the history of the company.”

That’s who’s filing these lawsuits. It’s not some rookie just out of law school.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiot Roddy White speaks on the matter...

RODDY WHITE WITH THE ABSOLUTE WORST TAKE POSSIBLE ON DESHAUN WATSON SITUATION

updated 9Comments

Former NFL wide receiver Roddy White hit the tweet button on one of the worst takes you’re ever going to see about the Deshaun Watson sexual assault allegations. Six lawsuits are expected to be filed against the Houston Texans quarterback. Three lawsuits have already been filed, including one in Harris County, Texas that claims Watson forced a massage therapist to perform oral sex on him.

“It’s impossible to make someone give u oral sex,” White tweeted in Watson’s defense. White has yet to delete the tweet and seems to be standing by his statement.

Clearly, the man’s brain was scrambled over his 171-game NFL career. As for getting paid, that happens in certain cases, but Roddy might want to rethink his stance on the other part.

Meanwhile, as OutKick founder Clay Travis pointed out this morning, Watson is now likely facing a significant suspension based on how many civil lawsuits we’re talking about here. Remember, Ezekiel Elliott was suspended for six games back in 2017 for violating the NFL’s personal conduct policy over a case where an ex-girlfriend accused the Cowboys running back of domestic violence.

The NFL conduct policy allows for the league to punish players, even if there aren’t legal charges brought against him. In Elliot’s case, it couldn’t be proven that he was guilty beyond reasonable doubt. Elliott eventually served all six games after dropping his appeal in the matter.

The Texans announced this week that they have signed Tyrod Taylor to help shore up the quarterback position that was already in disarray over Watson, whom many observers believe will never put on the team’s uniform ever again.

“Extremely serious, he’s extremely serious,” Jalen Ramsey said two weeks ago of Watson’s desire to be dealt out of Houston.

“At the end of the day, Deshaun is a great man. A servant leader. Even now when people are trying to crucify him and talk bad on his name, he’s still out there doing things for the community in Houston.

“So he’s a great man. He’s a professional. He’s going to still do things that are positive in the community and probably still help his teammates out.

“But I highly doubt he’ll ever suit up in a Texans uniform again. He’s very serious. I will say he’s very serious. This is his legacy here, I mean, he should be serious.”

Seems like he's a piece of shit, but all in all I gotta agree - how exactly do you force someone to give you oral?

If the guy tells you to blow him, just leave the room. If it escalates, scream. Kick, scratch, bite. Sounds like he coerced her but she went along with it and blew him because she "felt like" she had to. Tough luck sister, but that dick ain't gonna unsuck itself now.

10 hours ago, The X said:

Athlete's think they have gold dongs. Entitled to every girl.

no hes just dumb

guaranteed he had an assistant make the appointments. he wasnt looking to get any action. but when the women starting touching him he got all riled up. he should have made sure it was a massage from men

Houston lawyer Tony Buzbee said during a news conference Friday that he will be filing an additional five civil lawsuits against Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson "in due course" -- bringing the number of total cases to 12 alleging inappropriate conduct and sexual assault.

In addition, Buzbee said he has spoken to another 10 women who have come forward about encounters with Watson.

On 3/19/2021 at 2:32 PM, rjt said:

Over 24.5 -115

One more gets the cheese...

24 WOMEN COME FORWARD WITH ACCUSATIONS AGAINST DESHAUN WATSON

In addition to the 14 filed civil lawsuit filed against Deshaun Watson, lawyer Tony Buzbee told FOX 26 in Houston that 24 women in total have come forward with accusations against the QB.

“Most of the cases allege the same, or similar, conduct,” Buzbee said of the civil complaints alleging misconduct during massages.

Of the several lawsuits filed Monday, ESPN reports that one “alleges Deshaun Watson assaulted and harassed the plaintiff over two sessions ‘by grabbing Plaintiff’s buttocks and vagina, touching her with his penis and trying to force her to perform oral sex on him.’”

The women in the lawsuits — all of whom are referred to as Jane Doe — are said to be licensed massage therapists.

• 11 months later...