One year stock gains

ERBtheGREAT

One year gains.  I started investing March 20th, 2020.  After getting suspended from work for a month for smoking weed ?, I did a lot of research ? and Yolo’d my life savings because why not.  Pretty much just bought and held boomer style, although I made a swing play on another 1k shares of PENN at 116.46 on margin last week.  Looking to get out this week around 122-123 and keeping my 1k long shares.  Getting suspended has changed my life.  Thanks boss.  Many thanks to Milwaukee Mike and also jimmy Hoffa, I saw you both were talking about PENN back then and decided to jump in.  My only regret was not buying more.  Also thanks Milwaukee Mike for the call on kohl’s.  I bought that on margin and was scared when it dipped at first, but I kept kept putting each paycheck into fidelity until it was paid off.  It turned out to be a winner.  My goals for this year are to buy two double blocks on my street and have them both fixed up and rented by the end of the year.  That will give me 5 units to rent (one apartment rented now), and 6 when I move out of my house and buy a house with my girlfriend.  Thanks again to this board, if you sift through the bullshit you can get some life changing info from the smart guys here.  ? cheers

0E21F13A-2B36-432E-BE69-8CD5CC18815F.jpeg

isn't it crazy that PENN was $4 early 2020? Now it's $115+. With no sports to bet on, I started digging more into the stock market. I listened to podcasts daily and also listened to Dave Portnoy daily  as he was trying it. He obviously kept banging the table on Penn that low and look at where it is now. It's crazy!

Congrats Erb

22 hours ago, WVU said:

Haha great story, Erb.  Suspended from work for smoking weed, lol.  Is that where you still work?  What do you do?

Yeah I still work there, municipal government job, I mainly drive the recycling trucks, it's a sweet union gig with pension, free health care, and basically unlimited overtime.  Just trying to supplement my income and branch out so I can retire around 47 after my 20 years, if all things go well.

22 hours ago, WVU said:

Erb, so what now?  How much are you pulling out?  Your timing was absolutely perfect.  Trying this YOLO type play at most any other time would not have had this success.  Well done.  Looking forward to seeing what you do next.

My first plan of action is to hopefully profit on this PENN swing trade as the daily interest from this amount of margin doesn't sit well with me, I just thought all the catalysts pointed to a big bounce back from the beating they took prior to inclusion.  They usually trade pretty even with DKNG, and DKNG is basically at all time highs which makes me think PENN was held down for people to buy in cheaper.  I actually saw a 15 million share buy at the bell on Friday, like 1.8 billion!  They got right in after it dropped from 120 to 117 right before the bell.  With more states legalizing and the hype of March Madness I really don't see how this drops especially with SP500 inclusion.  If DKNG is trading at over 72, PENN should be 130+ just in line with how they have been trading this whole time, this drop just doesn't make sense to me.  

After the PENN trade I will be looking to sell 30.148 shares of my original long DIA bringing me back to 100 shares held.  I just like round numbers what can I say.  After that, I will look to trim PENN, CCL, SIX, CNK, later this summer for all long gains.  I don't plan on selling any Kohl's or XOM because I have them on drip and just want to keep gaining my shares for long term holds.  If I NEED a little bit of money I'm going to dump SPG, I still think that will keep rising but my low amount of shares just won't ever let me make a lot off that stock.  That was basically a buy on the money I had left in my account to get into the real estate sector which I figured should bounce back in time with everything else.  My original plan was to choose the best stock in each recovery sector, usually the biggest company because I figured the big guy would be the last man standing in each sector if things really got bad, and also they would come back the strongest.  We will see what happens but I definitely would like to diversify because on red days, pretty much all my stocks get crushed.  Although, it can also be very good on green days.  Long term I'm looking at RKT stock and would like to buy something in tech, too.  Thanks for the kind words, WVU