Any of you have a pellet grill?

Hoops

love mine.  I got a rec tec 340 which is one of their smaller ones but it fits a 20 lb brisket so I really didnt need a bigger one.  Comes with temp probs and an app.  Alerts me if grill is getting to hot and when the food has reached the proper temp.  No more adding wood chips/coal etc.  I can throw on  a brisket or a pork butt at night and the hopper has enough pellets for 20 hour smoke.  you can even smoke cheese or make beef jerkey on it.

I also purchased the grill grates which allows temps of 500-700 degrees for searing/grilling.  They have a great warranty and customer service is awesome.  I had a problem with mine and they sent me a new part and stayed with me on the phone to help make sure I could install it.  

They have some great specials right now which includes free pellets and covers and such.  I got mine on amazon as they had a special bundle deal that was even better back then.  

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

no propane.  they are electric so you need an outlet.  I do a reverse sear on steaks so they come out great.  I smoke them at a low temp until around 120 degrees.  Then crank up the grill to max which is about 500 degrees.  The grill grates make it around 700 and they get real nice char marks that way.  Best steaks ive had.  Without the grates they were ok but didnt get that char which i like.

1 hour ago, HRWager said:

Is that the black stone grills ?

Traeger is the brand I looked at. A little pricey, but supposed to be great. I might get one later this year. Looking to go back keto again and this should do the trick for some good meats. It uses small wood pellets and auto feeds them as needed. Doubles as a smoker. 

I think the Blackstone ones are more like a flat top griddle. 

11 hours ago, Tomorrow's Newspaper said:

love mine.  I got a rec tec 340 which is one of their smaller ones but it fits a 20 lb brisket so I really didnt need a bigger one.  Comes with temp probs and an app.  Alerts me if grill is getting to hot and when the food has reached the proper temp.  No more adding wood chips/coal etc.  I can throw on  a brisket or a pork butt at night and the hopper has enough pellets for 20 hour smoke.  you can even smoke cheese or make beef jerkey on it.

I also purchased the grill grates which allows temps of 500-700 degrees for searing/grilling.  They have a great warranty and customer service is awesome.  I had a problem with mine and they sent me a new part and stayed with me on the phone to help make sure I could install it.  

They have some great specials right now which includes free pellets and covers and such.  I got mine on amazon as they had a special bundle deal that was even better back then.  

Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Cousin has rec tec.  Its awesome.  Don't have room for another grill.  I lied, but I don't need 17 grills.  Once the smoker starts getting too bad, I will probably get a Pellet or if I see a great deal.  Had a helluva deal I found on a cheaper pellet, which I shoulda bought, but didn't wanna drive 30 minutes to nearest store, probably wasn't great but originally was 400 on sale for 129, and woulda been fine if it only lasted a year or 2.  Too much shit in garage to store grills, so nice heavy cover is necessary for the weather/winter.

Blackstone is next purchase.  Need to find a deal on 36".  want one for the summer.

All the research I’ve done Traegers are great but you can get same technology and performance from a few others at a nice price drop.  Rec Tec looks comparable to Traeger pricing maybe a few bucks cheaper, right TN?

Z Grill and Camp Chef have some strong reviews and a little less expensive from my research.  

George what’s that one you mentioned go for pal?

1 minute ago, Hoops said:

All the research I’ve done Traegers are great but you can get same technology and performance from a few others at a nice price drop.  Rec Tec looks comparable to Traeger pricing maybe a few bucks cheaper, right TN?

Z Grill and Camp Chef have some strong reviews and a little less expensive from my research.  

George what’s that one you mentioned go for pal?

pretty much sums it up.  If you do a lot of research (which I did) you will find the rec tech is better made/last longer/ doesnt have hot spots like some others etc.  You can definitely go cheaper and it should work fine, but sometimes you get what you pay for.  I looked at the Z grill and something Boss (walmart carries) but decided to spend a little more.  I waited for them to go on sale (which they are now I believe) so it wasnt much different on price and i got pellets, a cover and some rub