Buying Land

ERBtheGREAT

Zoning in the adjacent neighborhood,if you are building for yourself.Be wary if there is commercial industrial property nearby because they could put almost anything there that might destroy your property values either because of noise or type of business e.g. garbage company 

bought 5 acres of land to build a house on about a year ago. I didn't have the perc test done yet as I'm going to farm it this year, add all of my trees to show a loss on my Schedule F for 2021. Planning to build late 2022 or early 2023 but the question is......what is lumber going to do??????

We our a lumber based economy here and I don’t see a shortage of trees,possibly a bottleneck in manufacturing.Gouging if you ask me as our mills are running 3 shifts again.

As far as perc test some unsavoury developers here have been caught loading the hole with gravel so it drains in time

Places have flooded because of that

1 hour ago, Dingo said:

We our a lumber based economy here and I don’t see a shortage of trees,possibly a bottleneck in manufacturing.Gouging if you ask me as our mills are running 3 shifts again.

As far as perc test some unsavoury developers here have been caught loading the hole with gravel so it drains in time

Places have flooded because of that

i've heard of stuff like that too... i would always err on the side of doing LESS stuff, especially if it's in an area with other properties... if you're out in the middle of nowhere it might make sense to test soil but why pay to do it right next to 15 other houses that all did the same thing?