Gym Class games you dominated

ted sheckler

We'd go through 2 week sections then Fridays was gym class picks.

2 week sections was baseball basketball hockey volleyball.  Then tournaments at the end.  Those were easy to dominate Although not great at hockey.  would just bully people.

dodgeball, matball, sooter races.  Dodgeball was brutal for everyone else except about 5 or 6 of us.  Some kids could throw hard, but couldn't catch for shit so get them out first.

HORRIBLE at kicking the kick ball.  Some kids would rocket the ball.  I liked playing defense more than kicking.  throwing the ball at people running bases, catch anything in the area.

They were just talking on the radio about old gym class games and how they want to get a kickball team together.  had no idea that was a thing in cities. 

I never threw at the girls in dodgeball because I knew what could happen to them. My future high school pitcher teammate was a sadist and used to try to hurt them and he did on numerous occasions. There were even smaller rubber balls that you could throw just like a baseball and just crush the defenseless screaming girls. Bloody noses, broken glasses, sprained wrists from getting knocked off their feet and this fukshow just went on and on until 6th grade. 

11 minutes ago, shooterman said:

I never threw at the girls in dodgeball because I knew what could happen to them. My future high school pitcher teammate was a sadist and used to try to hurt them and he did on numerous occasions. There were even smaller rubber balls that you could throw just like a baseball and just crush the defenseless screaming girls. Bloody noses, broken glasses, sprained wrists from getting knocked off their feet and this fukshow just went on and on until 6th grade. 

Wow.  Hard to believe this game used to be commonplace. 

This was mid to late sixties time frame and every single male played baseball so they pretty much all could throw at least adequately. Like jimmy said. No liability is a powerful thing. I went to my son's gym class one time when he was in 6th grade and in just 20 years it was all about"inclusion". There was a bar on some mats and each kid would walk up to the bar which was about a foot and a half or 2 feet off the floor and the teacher would say under or over. If under the kid would crawl under the bar and get a pat on the head, if over he would step over the bar and get a pat on the head. Us fathers watched dumbfounded. We made a few under/over jokes but even though we were relieved our kids were not getting crushed in a dodgeball game we were not happy with a pointless horribly boring exercise in fuk I don't know underfukingover.

I was huge at dodgeball, i caught everything and had a strong arm to pummel the weaklings who would be crouched down with their hands over their heads. The best was near the end when the phy ed teacher would yell "free throw line" and you'd team up with another guy to pelt some poor sap at the same time.  :deemer

9 hours ago, ted sheckler said:

We'd go through 2 week sections then Fridays was gym class picks.

2 week sections was baseball basketball hockey volleyball.  Then tournaments at the end.  Those were easy to dominate Although not great at hockey.  would just bully people.

dodgeball, matball, sooter races.  Dodgeball was brutal for everyone else except about 5 or 6 of us.  Some kids could throw hard, but couldn't catch for shit so get them out first.

HORRIBLE at kicking the kick ball.  Some kids would rocket the ball.  I liked playing defense more than kicking.  throwing the ball at people running bases, catch anything in the area.

They were just talking on the radio about old gym class games and how they want to get a kickball team together.  had no idea that was a thing in cities. 

Played a corporate kickball team a few summers ago. Was pretty fun. 

I took archery one time because the girl I had a crush on took it as well....after one week she got some kind of medical exemption and was allowed to "attend" PE by sitting in the library.....I forged a letter from my mother claiming a medical condition so I could join her in the library each day.....it was a great 5 weeks...