HustleDouble Picks Thread

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-3 on Thursday. No selections yesterday. One of those runs! Alright, how about some $ today. Here is what I'm on now, might have a few more later:

I missed the number on a few of these. Been a battle in football this year:

Notre Dame -9 -110

Memphis/Ole Miss Over 58.5 -110

UTSA -4 -110

Iowa -9 -110

Duke +6.5 -105

Colorado State +9.5 -110

Bowling Green -4.5 -110

Kentucky -17 -110

• 2 weeks later...

I was not fired, I am not posting at the forums anymore because they basically don't have any value to me that hasn't cost twice as much in frustration and nonsense. In the two months I tried to be super-active on the forums I had two insane people attempt to hi-jack my Twitter, post personal identifying information of a friend because they thought it was me, try to call my phone, and on and on.

It's absurd, and it wasn't worth the compensation to me, so I worked out my own situation and decided to leave.

To answer ERB's claim that I "past-posted a 5-0" and "lost all credibility after that point." This is ridiculous, but take it however you want it. I posted 5 NFL plays in the middle of the early games -- because before that I was doing other things -- in which one or two of them were losing. ERB even responds in a follow-up post that he "bets one of the losing bets I post turns around", clearly indicating it was both ACTIVE AND LOSING. They do end up turning around, which in ERB's eyes is a worse sin apparently than having not posted them at all. Would I have lost all credibility if two of those games went against me and I ended up 3-2? Or if one of the late games didn't come through and I lost 2-3?

So I was essentially punished for getting lucky. Great. "Credibility" is the currency by which you live on the forums, except you can't trade in it and lack any control over it. You're essentially just a victim to being bankrupt of it whenever the opportunity strikes. Well that is a stupid game that I don't want to play.

Beyond just that, I think one of the games was my daily pick in the Best Bet contest at EoG, so I obviously wasn't past posting that one.

ERB asks earlier in the thread if I would be keeping a record and I explain that I do not post everything I bet so I felt a record would be both useless and inaccurate. And then he jumps from that to me "losing my credibility" because I had 5 lucky games which would apparently enhance my non-existent record? The bar is impossibly high and ridiculously arbitrary. It is essentially a low value game where my punishment for taking an offer from TGF was to be treated like a tout or shill regardless of what I did or how I prefaced it. Pointless.

I delivered pretty exact information that this isn't the whole picture of my betting, so why keep a record, and I'm still being accused of fudging my record for credibility purposes. It's asinine.

And the frustrating thing is, ERB is at the top of the heap as far as posters go. He's skeptical but polite, he questions but doesn't engage, and he compliments when he thinks it's necessary. And I have lost all credibility with him because a game I was discussing live with him where I should have lost won, so I got to "past-post" 5-0. And this flies in the face of me posting absolutely horrible college football cards without any attempt to "past-post" my results there, when I have live bets that would have inflated them, and on and on. I think my record in this thread is probably under .500 and yet I "past-post" live football games in order to artificially inflate my otherwise legitimate and shitty record to be slightly less shitty? Asinine.

And you see, he made it sound a lot worse, but that's sort of the idea on the forums. And that's sort of why I don't think they're really all that useful.

If you're curious what else, I was compensated with a comp. subscription to Sports Options in exchange for writing content on the forums, something akin to "Jimmy the Greek', but with my own style. I was posting about three a day, but boat said he hadn't seen many and hoped it was because I was just busy. The reason he probably hadn't seen them was because they plummet down the forums. Because no one reads long form on the forums, because everyone is interested either in asinine accusations or having the attention span of a pea. I stopped posting picks because, quite frankly, it wasn't worth it to me to be irrationally criticized for them and I didn't feel the need to denigrate any further my name in other betting circles based on shitty or short-sighted accusations. Maybe I have a thin-skin, but my point of view is that not just every thread I posted was either ignored or deduced to a dumb argument, every thread most everyone posted reduced into that. Pointless.

I wasn't really being criticized heavily or anything, but I've seen these threads a thousand times and seen a hundred other people like me come and go from the forums for this very reason, usually with worse results, and yet legitimate thief touts, people with histories of stiffing people or harassing people run rampant and mostly unchecked. Who would want to invite themselves to continue with that?

When we first talked Boat offered me the SO arrangement through January and was never anything but professional or courteous. I like Sports Options a lot, and I wanted to continue the service, but also knew I wanted to quit the forums because I don't like them. I contacted Sports Options and asked them if they could offer me the same comp in exchange for the work I do on Twitter, which would also free up Boat an extra comp sooner so we didn't linger to its obvious end in January and I didn't have to mull along providing basically no real value here. SO was able to oblige, and that was the impetus for me getting out of the forums.

I was never compensated anything by EoG for my contributions. I liked that site and I wanted to help out John and help out my own brand by contributing more when the forums kicked back up. And I would suspect that John, liking my previous contributions, played favorite to me but that was never directly stated to me. I just took advantage of what was offered. And after trying to get along over there it is the same shit as the other forums, so I decided the forums weren't for me. I'm sure they're for a lot of people, but they're not for me. I have too thin a skin or too different a disposition or whatever it is, and that's fine.

I still post all my gambling content + more since it is more real time, on my @hustledouble Twitter.

And this is my last post here.

I was not fired, I am not posting at the forums anymore because they basically don't have any value to me that hasn't cost twice as much in frustration and nonsense. In the two months I tried to be super-active on the forums I had two insane people attempt to hi-jack my Twitter, post personal identifying information of a friend because they thought it was me, try to call my phone, and on and on.

It's absurd, and it wasn't worth the compensation to me, so I worked out my own situation and decided to leave.

To answer ERB's claim that I "past-posted a 5-0" and "lost all credibility after that point." This is ridiculous, but take it however you want it. I posted 5 NFL plays in the middle of the early games -- because before that I was doing other things -- in which one or two of them were losing. ERB even responds in a follow-up post that he "bets one of the losing bets I post turns around", clearly indicating it was both ACTIVE AND LOSING. They do end up turning around, which in ERB's eyes is a worse sin apparently than having not posted them at all. Would I have lost all credibility if two of those games went against me and I ended up 3-2? Or if one of the late games didn't come through and I lost 2-3?

So I was essentially punished for getting lucky. Great. "Credibility" is the currency by which you live on the forums, except you can't trade in it and lack any control over it. You're essentially just a victim to being bankrupt of it whenever the opportunity strikes. Well that is a stupid game that I don't want to play.

Beyond just that, I think one of the games was my daily pick in the Best Bet contest at EoG, so I obviously wasn't past posting that one.

ERB asks earlier in the thread if I would be keeping a record and I explain that I do not post everything I bet so I felt a record would be both useless and inaccurate. And then he jumps from that to me "losing my credibility" because I had 5 lucky games which would apparently enhance my non-existent record? The bar is impossibly high and ridiculously arbitrary. It is essentially a low value game where my punishment for taking an offer from TGF was to be treated like a tout or shill regardless of what I did or how I prefaced it. Pointless.

I delivered pretty exact information that this isn't the whole picture of my betting, so why keep a record, and I'm still being accused of fudging my record for credibility purposes. It's asinine.

And the frustrating thing is, ERB is at the top of the heap as far as posters go. He's skeptical but polite, he questions but doesn't engage, and he compliments when he thinks it's necessary. And I have lost all credibility with him because a game I was discussing live with him where I should have lost won, so I got to "past-post" 5-0. And this flies in the face of me posting absolutely horrible college football cards without any attempt to "past-post" my results there, when I have live bets that would have inflated them, and on and on. I think my record in this thread is probably under .500 and yet I "past-post" live football games in order to artificially inflate my otherwise legitimate and shitty record to be slightly less shitty? Asinine.

And you see, he made it sound a lot worse, but that's sort of the idea on the forums. And that's sort of why I don't think they're really all that useful.

If you're curious what else, I was compensated with a comp. subscription to Sports Options in exchange for writing content on the forums, something akin to "Jimmy the Greek', but with my own style. I was posting about three a day, but boat said he hadn't seen many and hoped it was because I was just busy. The reason he probably hadn't seen them was because they plummet down the forums. Because no one reads long form on the forums, because everyone is interested either in asinine accusations or having the attention span of a pea. I stopped posting picks because, quite frankly, it wasn't worth it to me to be irrationally criticized for them and I didn't feel the need to denigrate any further my name in other betting circles based on shitty or short-sighted accusations. Maybe I have a thin-skin, but my point of view is that not just every thread I posted was either ignored or deduced to a dumb argument, every thread most everyone posted reduced into that. Pointless.

I wasn't really being criticized heavily or anything, but I've seen these threads a thousand times and seen a hundred other people like me come and go from the forums for this very reason, usually with worse results, and yet legitimate thief touts, people with histories of stiffing people or harassing people run rampant and mostly unchecked. Who would want to invite themselves to continue with that?

When we first talked Boat offered me the SO arrangement through January and was never anything but professional or courteous. I like Sports Options a lot, and I wanted to continue the service, but also knew I wanted to quit the forums because I don't like them. I contacted Sports Options and asked them if they could offer me the same comp in exchange for the work I do on Twitter, which would also free up Boat an extra comp sooner so we didn't linger to its obvious end in January and I didn't have to mull along providing basically no real value here. SO was able to oblige, and that was the impetus for me getting out of the forums.

I was never compensated anything by EoG for my contributions. I liked that site and I wanted to help out John and help out my own brand by contributing more when the forums kicked back up. And I would suspect that John, liking my previous contributions, played favorite to me but that was never directly stated to me. I just took advantage of what was offered. And after trying to get along over there it is the same shit as the other forums, so I decided the forums weren't for me. I'm sure they're for a lot of people, but they're not for me. I have too thin a skin or too different a disposition or whatever it is, and that's fine.

I still post all my gambling content + more since it is more real time, on my @hustledouble Twitter.

And this is my last post here.

^ Didn't read...

Your long winded posts must entertain you.