Surfside/Miami Beach condo collapse

WVU

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People will lie if they think it will stimulate a better search and rescue.  This one has been pathetic.  These guys can’t work if there is lightning nearby?  Why the fuck not?  They are paid well to face danger so let them do their jobs.  Heroes don’t fucking care about lightning. This has not been a heroic effort.  I have witnessed family members crying and pleading for more action.  

10 minutes ago, mikeman said:

it's hard to believe a land line would still be active after the collapse.

Prob one of those wearable alert technology things, that you can press a button to call for help or more likely here, that automatically call pre programmed numbers in case of it detecting a fall. This situation could easily cause the medical alert thingy to be a little haywire. 

1 hour ago, Teddy kgb said:

The grandson is enjoying himself at the beach while his Nana is dying in the rubble..

Id be ripping rock of the rubble 10 at a time after the first phone call...this kid notifies the media for a photo opp 

it's a few old people dying. you can't expect life to stop for everyone. We need that grandson's $ to still be pouring into the local businesses. Can't cripple the local economy for a few old jews

23 minutes ago, WVU said:

People will lie if they think it will stimulate a better search and rescue.  This one has been pathetic.  These guys can’t work if there is lightning nearby?  Why the fuck not?  They are paid well to face danger so let them do their jobs.  Heroes don’t fucking care about lightning. This has not been a heroic effort.  I have witnessed family members crying and pleading for more action.  

I don't detect any urgency and haven't since the collapse, WTF?

25 minutes ago, WVU said:

apalling

imagine your family members in that rubble and all everyone and the media is doing is praising the wonderful efforts of the brave men and women in this search and rescue.  Tell the truth.  This is a pathetic attempt at rescuing anyone.  There is not much bravery going on here.  20 guys are on the rubble pile and underneath in the parking garage and 800 other guys are standing around doing absolutely nothing.  And more people have been arriving to do the same thing, Sitting around drinking coffee/water and eating sandwiches.  

Just now, WVU said:

imagine your family members in that rubbe and all everyone and the media is doing is praising the wonderful efforts of the brave men and women in this search and rescue.  Tell the truth.  This is a pathetic attempt at rescuing anyone.  There is not much bravery going on here.  20 guys are on the rubble pile and underneath in the parking garage and 800 other guys are standing around doing absolutely nothing.  And more people have been arriving to do the same thing, Sitting around drinking coffee/water and eating sandwiches.  

Good assessment.

Even if rescue efforts are unlikely to produce survivors, wouldn't one assume there would be something of an expedited effort to provide at least some closure to the families?

Very poor effort.

I know for a fact that if the building were overwhelming populated by an ethnic group with traditionally louder grievances that the word racism would be being thrown around to describe the lackadaisical rescue efforts.

Lightening huh? there's still a shitload of tall bldgs around, it' would be pretty hard for lightening to strike that pile when all those other tall objects are around.

Then you have this imaginary fire that has no visible smoke, it's all BS. maybe there's some smoke in the basement but it's time to give that up, go back to the top and start picking it apart, that's easy, one piece at a time, toss it in a dumpster and haul it away.

Pretty much every disaster of any kind anywhere turns into a love fest where every 1st responder is praised without end, it's sickening.

9 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Pretty much every disaster of any kind anywhere turns into a love fest where every 1st responder is praised without end, it's sickening.

I was by a local hospital yesterday with a large banner on the side that says "HEROES WORK HERE" with imagery reflecting the diversity of the staff.

BARF!

19 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Lightening huh? there's still a shitload of tall bldgs around, it' would be pretty hard for lightening to strike that pile when all those other tall objects are around.

Then you have this imaginary fire that has no visible smoke, it's all BS. maybe there's some smoke in the basement but it's time to give that up, go back to the top and start picking it apart, that's easy, one piece at a time, toss it in a dumpster and haul it away.

the smoke is real.  I've seen it up close and from my place.  It has since dissipated 

As for the term "heroes", I hate that it's bandied about so wantonly these days. People aren't "heroes" for doing their job. First responders aren't heroes for first responding, doctors and nurses aren't heroes for providing medical care, military members aren't heroes for doing military things. Wish that people stopped misusing hero