Got lucky today

mikeman

2 hours ago, mikeman said:

I'm in a tight spot, another W2G, I cant get too many more or I'll have to pay taxes, that would suck.

I always have tons of W2G's.  My accountant would absolutely love me if I only had 3.  You can zero out the gambling winnings on your taxes.  Just make sure you document your play so you can show your P/L in case you get audited.

Just now, MonkeyF0cker said:

I always have tons of W2G's.  My accountant would absolutely love me if I only had 3.  You can zero out the gambling winnings on your taxes.  Just make sure you document your play so you can show your P/L in case you get audited.

Since the new tax law I cant come close to itemizing - you need $12K and all i have is $4K property taxes, a couple tiny misc,  and my generous but insufficient charity, so i cant offset.

If i won like 20 grand then i could offset part.

25 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

2 in my whole lifetime is rare!

2 in a day is downright silly

I'm playing 10 hands so it happens - not often though, playing real single line VP I've had 2. I usually play DDB so I'm really looking for aces with kicker, that's doable, happens prob 20 times more often than a royal. It pays half a royal so that's not bad.