Shit is getting real

IAG

Had a realtor over yesterday just to get a feel as to what updates I should do before selling. He suggested doing bare minimum or nothing at all. Told him I am in early stages of planning what to do, and I have to have somewhere to go before selling. Today he calls and says he has investor wanting to come look at the house.

I’m sure he will lowball me, and I have never been through the sale of a house before. I can talk to my brothers and will continue to do so for advice It’s very appealing to sell as iquickly because I really don’t want to deal with the work (mostly flooring) but the number has to be right. I just don’t know what that number is.

FOKKKK STRESSS.

Plus the  6 month Airbnb owner is jacking us around and has been. Says she needs another week now to decide if she will rent to us because perhaps her husband’s cousin wants to live there. I think she’s holding out for more money from someone else. I really think she wants to rent to anyone but us LOL.

ok that’s my diatribe. 

Any advice from those for experienced in this area would be appreciated.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also decent advice is to take the offer they give and list that as the starting price.  If your offer is say 300k then don't accept it and list it at 300k and expect to get offers in the 330-350k range.  message me the address and I will tell you what you can expect to get for it

It isn't all about the offer price.  equally important is the Due Diligence money (if they have that where it is) and the earnest money.  Due Diligence money you will get to keep if the deal falls through.  An example on a 300k house would be $1000-$2000 DD and 10-20,000 Earnest money.

Cash talks, and if selling as is only accept offers without inspection periods.  In all the markets that I have been looking at if there are 20 offers, 2/3 of them will be cash offers.

Thanks guys. Yesterday he told me even to sell as is I would need to put the flooring in the basement. I had to pull up the carpet after a rain years back. Since then the water issue is completely under control. Selling on the open market as is is different than selling to an investor I would assume. I don’t know if this is one of those guys who just offer very little  for  quick cash buy or what. I probably disclosed some things to the realtor yesterday that I should not have. Speaks to motivation. I haven’t signed any sort of contract with him so I don’t know if he has any fiduciary duty to me or not.

Also, unless we get the place in Spearfish I’m not really keen on being here with the cats while people go through the house. I would rather go out there with house in best order it can be and let the realtor handle it. I don’t want to have to jump out of the house at a moments notice so people can come through.

House is one owner only. My dad built the house. Built in 66. Very solid bones,  but needs some updating on flooring and lights primarily. I haven’t done that because I don’t want to have to deal with moving all the furniture LOL.Not that big of deal I guess. Best feature is the location. Really really good location.   WVU I will pm u address

Stop worrying about flaws in your house, every house has flaws, keep in mind the realtor could be getting kickbacks from this supposed investor. If the house isn't on the market, and you've signed no contract, neither you or the investor need the realtor for anything.

I would listen to the offer, then get another price estimate from a different realtor, you will obviously check other similar houses and zillow, etc to zone in on a price range. Around here the market has cooled quite a bit - those multiple offers might not come, or come in as high.

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I get letters all the time from investors looking to buy my house - I've never called back but I guarantee they're lowball offers, if my house is worth $350K I bet they might offer $275.

Yes, all lowballs.  60-70 cent on dollar offers.  They will try to sell you on cash offers and purchase as is.  

Just now, redstripe said:

I agree do NOT sell to investor. I would also NOT use the investor price as starting price.  

GET ANOTHER REALTOR .. List house as normal house with comps in area.  Easy peasy 

Not in this market.  Expect 20-30% over list.  Your advice was good up until 15 months ago.  9 month old comps are not good comps and way outdated

Just now, WVU said:

Not in this market.  Expect 20-30% over list.  Your advice was good up until 15 months ago.  9 month old comps are not good comps and way outdated

I would not start with investor offer as starting price like you said.. Bad strategy .. Not worried about 9 month old comps.. Set your own price