Shit is getting real

IAG

1 minute ago, IAG said:

Keep in mind that the comps on the recent sales are houses that have all been recently updated with new kitchens and bathrooms etc. My parents were the original owners. They kept in great condition but there  are updates to be done. It was built in 1966…Estimates..flooring 10k, painting 13k, lighting 1000, misc…light switch plates etc 750

Interior was actually just entirely repainted about four or five years ago but apparently neutral beige etc. is not the best option. That is one thing I wouldn’t worry about..paint…

I asked this guy today since we had not signed a contract if he had a fiduciary duty to me. Technically if he’s not officially my agent he doesn’t have to look out for my best interest correct?

Those guys will hire mexicans to paint for a grand or two, lighting is cheap if they do it themselves, and please, please, please dont pretend switch plates are a cost factor.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Hard to say but there is no reason not to at least list and see what offers come in. I dont know jack squat about her neighborhood or market but it's quite possible she could get $280-290 and is leaving  $30-40 K on the table?

I’m not getting that kind of money.  Trust me guys.  Property is very cheap here compared to the rest of the country. 

3 minutes ago, IAG said:

Keep in mind that the comps on the recent sales are houses that have all been recently updated with new kitchens and bathrooms etc. My parents were the original owners. They kept in great condition but there  are updates to be done. It was built in 1966…Estimates..flooring 10k, painting 13k, lighting 1000, misc…light switch plates etc 750

Interior was actually just entirely repainted about four or five years ago but apparently neutral beige etc. is not the best option. That is one thing I wouldn’t worry about..paint…

I asked this guy today since we had not signed a contract if he had a fiduciary duty to me. Technically if he’s not officially my agent he doesn’t have to look out for my best interest correct?

There are zero recent sales,  March doesn’t count.

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Those guys will hire mexicans to paint for a grand or two, lighting is cheap if they do it themselves, and please, please, please dont pretend switch plates are a cost factor.

No the investor does it himself.   You haven’t seen a couple of the ornate switch plates in a couple places.  Must have been a thing in a decade long ago. Lol

1 minute ago, IAG said:

No the investor does it himself.   lo  You haven’t seen a couple of the ornate switch plates in a couple places.  Must have been a thing in a decade long ago. Lol

Why wouldn't they just remove all the fancy old plates and replace them with matching $1 brand new ones?

1 minute ago, WVU said:

Here is your first clue that the Zillow algorithm is off

$237,000 - $293,000

Last 30-day change

- $4,493 (-1.7 %)

no property in the US has lost value in the last 30 days!

Zillow is the worst site to use . They are usually days behind others. 

Redfin is much more accurate on current listings etc.

2 minutes ago, WVU said:

A much smaller house than yours sold for 247 in August right down the street.  Zillow isn’t showing your true square footage which is another BIG reason the algo is off.

The house right next to me sold 2 months ago - the zillow est was $332 and it sold for $339K, the house has lot issues too, she could easily go over if her house is better than avg inside/out and has curb/neighborhood appeal.

8 minutes ago, redstripe said:

Zillow is the worst site to use . They are usually days behind others. 

Redfin is much more accurate on current listings etc.

Redfin doesn’t do her area.  Here is the realtor.com estimate 

Interested in selling your home?

Estimated home value*

$280,300

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Wouldn't surprise me if there is no commission, they're just saying that to get you down another $14K, they'll split the money after the close.

3% listing agent and 3% buying agent commission is pretty standard.  This guy will get both if he lists it (or doesn’t) and finds a buyer.  Of course there is a commission but as I said it’s negotiable 

1 minute ago, WVU said:

3% listing agent and 3% buying agent commission is pretty standard.  This guy will get both if he lists it (or doesn’t) and finds a buyer.  Of course there is a commission but as I said it’s negotiable 

Yea, but if the realtor is related to the buyer, that changes everything.

28 minutes ago, IAG said:

I’m not getting that kind of money.  Trust me guys.  Property is very cheap here compared to the rest of the country. 

You’re right, property is cheap there.  Your 300k house would get 650k here and 950k in Joeys area and about the same in Dingos area.  It’s all relative.

17 minutes ago, WVU said:

A much smaller house than yours sold for 247 in August right down the street.  Zillow isn’t showing your true square footage which is another BIG reason the algo is off.

What’s the address?  Did it have popcorn ceiling in the living room?  Acoustic ceiling tiles in basement?   Probably not.