IAG

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, IAG said:

What’s the address?  Did it have popcorn ceiling in the living room?  Acoustic ceiling tiles in basement?   Probably not. 

Lol I didn’t get that far.  None of that matters anyway. I can’t stress it enough that this is a very unique time for selling houses.  As long as no structural damage it doesn’t matter if the inside walls were painted black 

2 minutes ago, WVU said:

Lol I didn’t get that far.  None of that matters anyway. I can’t stress it enough that this is a very unique time for selling houses.  As long as no structural damage it doesn’t matter if the inside walls were painted black 

But look at the one in my last post…19 days…and definitely more updated.   

7 minutes ago, IAG said:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/3101-S-Walts-Ave_Sioux-Falls_SD_57105_M72152-20177

Comparable square footage but updated….on market 19 days. 

We're trying to help you and you are resisting, maybe you're right, maybe not, tell them guys tomorrow you're gonna do more research and in any event you have another investor that said he'd pay $250K min(with no commission), see how they react.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

We're trying to help you and you are resisting, maybe you're right, maybe not, tell them guys tomorrow you're gonna do more research and in any event you have another investor that said he'd pay $250K min(with no commission), see how they react.

I’m not resisting, I’m being realistic.   Keep in mind I have been following this neighborhood market pretty closely for five years.   I think I’m pretty close on price. It was more a question of whether I do updates or sell as is.   
He would probably tell me to sell to the 250k guy lol.    

4 minutes ago, IAG said:

I’m not resisting, I’m being realistic.   Keep in mind I have been following this neighborhood market pretty closely for five years.   I think I’m pretty close on price. It was more a question of whether I do updates or sell as is.   

He might, but you dont need him or this strange setup to sell your house in a red hot market.

When you say it needs $10K in flooring are you talking replacing carpeting with wood floors? Forget the painting, that costs nothing, you could paint every room with 4 gallons of paint.

10 minutes ago, IAG said:

Good atleast you will be rid of him... 

59 minutes ago, Dingo said:

Look at the analytics how much it cost to build a 2100 square foot home,anyone selling now is crazy

Huh?  So buy high, sell low?  Right now is the perfect time to sell.  A buyer in this market will get no appreciation for years.

The real estate market is already starting to level off in Vegas.  This is a bubble from historically low interest rates that can't go much higher at all before pricing everyone out.  Wage inflation would have to jump significantly for the housing market to continue this trend.

Building a basic 2000 sq foot home on 3 lots I own in Franklin NC will run about 400k.  With upgrades I am looking at 450k and builders are backed up 9 months-2 years.  Building anything is not really an option.  That’s a big reason for the housing shortfall.  In the US there is a 10 million housing shortage currently.

12 minutes ago, IAG said:

I understand that, but who wants that now?

Investors do.  So they can renovate it and flip it.

It's not uncommon for agents to work with investors and contractors to buy properties and flip them BTW.  It might seem like a conflict of interest but it's not. I built a site for analyzing comps and finding flip opportunities off of MLS listings and worked with an investment group with a real estate broker and agents in Arizona, California, and Nevada.

Obviously, the agent you're dealing with has a business relationship with all of these people.  And he's gonna get a cut somewhere.  Although, he may only still get the commission - which a broker gets the biggest piece of.

6 minutes ago, mikeman said:

He might, but you dont need him or this strange setup to sell your house in a red hot market.

When you say it needs $10K in flooring are you talking replacing carpeting with wood floors? Forget the painting, that costs nothing, you could paint every room with 4 gallons of paint.

No. I’m talking new carpet in four bedrooms and LVP in remainder.      I’m not about to try to start painting. 

I was trying to avoid having to do the updates to bring it to market value or having to show it. I don’t like the idea of getting a phone call that I need to leave my house with little notice  so a realtor can show it.   A lot of it depends on if I’m moving to Deadwood for this winter.  I’m definitely not taking 230 with a 6 percent commission tomorrow if that’s what is on the table. 

Just now, WVU said:

Building a basic 2000 sq foot home on 3 lots I own in Franklin NC will run about 400k.  With upgrades I am looking at 450k and builders are backed up 9 months-2 years.  Building anything is not really an option.  That’s a big reason for the housing shortfall.  In the US there is a 10 million housing shortage currently.

So how many million are left on the streets because of that housing shortage?

Sorry.  Not buying that 10 million number.

IAG, if you don't trust the agent, discontinue the relationship.  If you do, what I would do is ask him bluntly what his relationship is to the investors and if he gets a cut of the flip profits.

He doesn't have a conflict of interest if he only gets commission on your sale.  But he's also gonna get commission on your sale and the flip sale.  So if you do continue with him, you may have some negotiation room there.

Ask him without leading questions though.

3 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

Investors do.  So they can renovate it and flip it.

It's not uncommon for agents to work with investors and contractors to buy properties and flip them BTW.  It might seem like a conflict of interest but it's not. I built a site for analyzing comps and finding flip opportunities off of MLS listings and worked with an investment group with a real estate broker and agents in Arizona, California, and Nevada.

Obviously, the agent you're dealing with has a business relationship with all of these people.  And he's gonna get a cut somewhere.  Although, he may only still get the commission - which a broker gets the biggest piece of.

Exactly.  INVESTORS do.   Lol.    It probably needs 20,000 or more to bring it to market value. 
You lost me on the last sentence…can you elaborate?   Who is the “broker” in this scenario…

1 minute ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

IAG, if you don't trust the agent, discontinue the relationship.  If you do, what I would do is ask him bluntly what his relationship is to the investors and if he gets a cut of the flip profits.

He doesn't have a conflict of interest if he only gets commission on your sale.  But he's also gonna get commission on your sale and the flip sale.

Ask him without leading questions though.

Good point on flip sale, but wouldn’t the investor’s son be the listing agent on flip most likely? 

3 minutes ago, IAG said:

No. I’m talking new carpet in four bedrooms and LVP in remainder.      I’m not about to try to start painting. 

I was trying to avoid having to do the updates to bring it to market value or having to show it. I don’t like the idea of getting a phone call that I need to leave my house with little notice  so a realtor can show it.   A lot of it depends on if I’m moving to Deadwood for this winter.  I’m definitely not taking 230 with a 6 percent commission tomorrow if that’s what is on the table. 

Shit, I'll paint your rooms for crumbs, painting is easy and fun, but you said it was painted 5 or so years ago so it really doesn't need that anyway - or perhaps just repaint a couple bedrooms, etc.

I'm serious when I said to mention WVU's 250 offer, there's nothing to lose and it sends the message that you're well aware that selling to an investor requires no commission.

7 minutes ago, IAG said:

Exactly.  INVESTORS do.   Lol.    It probably needs 20,000 or more to bring it to market value. 
You lost me on the last sentence…can you elaborate?   Who is the “broker” in this scenario…

The broker is basically the company the agents works for.  Every real estate brokerage needs a broker.  So companies like REMAX or Berkshire Hathaway are brokerages and generally each office is essentially a franchise that a broker pays royalties to.  The broker basically has the ability to hire real estate agents to acquire listings and represent buyers and sellers.