Shit is getting real

IAG

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The hardest part of flipping for profit is finding reliable contractors.  And the efficiency of a team that normally works together is a big part of why they're able to do it.

If you try to do the renovations yourself, you pose the risk of running into a bunch of issues that you didn't anticipate.

So many times, it's not predatory for investors to buy properties that need renovation, but obviously they're going to be more interested in a discount against the market than someone buying it to live in.  As long as your selling price aligns pretty close to the comps, you're almost certainly not getting taken advantage of.

5 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

The Fed created a bubble.  There are supply chain issues right now and hundreds of thousands of people losing their jobs to vaccine mandates.

The economy is not steamrolling.  It's sputtering.  So people buying real estate should seriously proceed with caution.  Bubbles are made to pop.

This. The amount of debt right now is insane. The entire financial sector is over leveraged and over extended. It can’t go on forever. 

23 minutes ago, WVU said:

Iggy if I write up a 240k sales contract would you sign it?

30 day inspection period, 45 day close, 20k earnest money. If you choose to stay after close I’ll rent it back to you for 1600/month 

Offer expires in 24 hours.  Tomorrow night the offer will drop to 238k

17 minutes ago, IAG said:

015B76A9-E9B9-44D2-9381-09AFE4CC3A72.jpeg
upside down, but you get the point, lol

Those are old lady/grandma furnishings, i'd replace them with your standard switchplates(light cream) for less than $1 /each, so you say you dont like that color paint? You'd go lighter i assume, some kind of off white/bone, etc?

5 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Those are old lady/grandma furnishings, i'd replace them with your standard switchplates(light cream) for less than $1 /each

I was being polite when I said they were ostentatious. But honestly I feel the same way about those plates that you do.

Let's get a look at the baseboards and outlet plates IAG.

31 minutes ago, WVU said:

Iggy if I write up a 240k sales contract would you sign it?

30 day inspection period, 45 day close, 20k earnest money. If you choose to stay after close I’ll rent it back to you for 1600/month 

What happened to the 250?  Lol.      Depends on if I get the Deadwood rental.

10 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Those are old lady/grandma furnishings, i'd replace them with your standard switchplates(light cream) for less than $1 /each, so you say you dont like that color paint? You'd go lighter i assume, some kind of off white/bone, etc?

I know!  That’s why they have to go! Lol.  I want white switches and plates…the big flat kind.        

I don’t mind the paint color but the designer suggested white…. Not a white white, but  white..

29 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

The hardest part of flipping for profit is finding reliable contractors.  And the efficiency of a team that normally works together is a big part of why they're able to do it.

If you try to do the renovations yourself, you pose the risk of running into a bunch of issues that you didn't anticipate.

So many times, it's not predatory for investors to buy properties that need renovation, but obviously they're going to be more interested in a discount against the market than someone buying it to live in.  As long as your selling price aligns pretty close to the comps, you're almost certainly not getting taken advantage of.

Valid points 

1 minute ago, IAG said:

I know!  That’s why they have to go! Lol.  I want white switches and plates…the big flat kind.        

I don’t mind the paint color but the designer suggested white…. Not a white white, but  white..

Yup, and those white ones are the same price, so if you go whitish walls you can do white wall plates, although the switches are cream. You can have cream plates/switches with white walls, nothing wrong with that.  Would you do every room the same color? that's common but dull.

4 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Yup, and those white ones are the same price, so if you go whitish walls you can do white wall plates, although the switches are cream. You can have cream plates/switches with white walls, nothing wrong with that.  Would you do every room the same color? that's common but dull.

You lost me here.  I want to go with the ones that Jimmy had above. Right now most of the rooms have just plain cream plates  with cream switches. Those 70s style ones are only in a couple places. Not sure what prompted that but I guess it was the style in the 70s or 80s or sometime…yes I would do same in all rooms/halls.