IAG

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, IAG said:

As much as I would like to, I know you would be making a big mistake and would regret it. Don’t want to do that to my pal… actually the most important factor is that I don’t need to move permanently right now. I only was actually contacting realtor for some advice for next year.   I have to have a place to go in the Black Hills and don’t right now.

It's all good my friend, but don't worry so much about me.  I would for sure make money on the deal.  Good Luck and keep me in the loop of your Real Estate plans.  My advice is always cordial and always free!

53 minutes ago, WVU said:

It's all good my friend, but don't worry so much about me.  I would for sure make money on the deal.  Good Luck and keep me in the loop of your Real Estate plans.  My advice is always cordial and always free!

Will do…appreciate your help as always!

2 hours ago, IAG said:

He called me and I called him back. The investor offered 220 K.. I declined and gave explanation. He offered to shop to other people in the firm or open it up as it is with listing or do updates and list.  Said they were going to shoot to sell for 300k But they were going to do some serious renovation… full on demolition type stuff.

So they dropped the offer overnight hoping you were hooked, then they threw a wrench into everything and implied the only way you could do better is if you demolish your well kept, nice house.

And let me get this straight, they said "well, if you spend a lot to improve the place", they'll be willing to list it", that's real white of them.

IMO they are unethical scammers, never deal with them again.

7 minutes ago, Chi_Archie said:

I don't think you interpreted that correctly

I'm not sure about that - what she said was "they" would like to do some serious renovation,  but it's not their house, so they aren't doing anything. They see a woman who really doesn't want to spend time and money fixing it up, then they imply that's the only way she can do better, and it's all designed to get her to say "I'll just sell right now, I want this to end".

20 minutes ago, mikeman said:

So they dropped the offer overnight hoping you were hooked, then they threw a wrench into everything and implied the only way you could do better is if you demolish your well kept, nice house.

And let me get this straight, they said "well, if you spend a lot to improve the place", they'll be willing to list it", that's real white of them.

IMO they are unethical scammers, never deal with them again.

Lol. NO….My realtor named the price and they were going to think about it and get back to us. It was their counter offer.  My realtor threw up a number quickly but said we weren’t bound to it.   …designed to gauge interest. Those people never agreed to anything yesterday.  Their plan was always to remodel the house. Actually they want to turn one room into a bedroom, which was apparently the original plan of my dad when he built it,  but then I came along unexpectedly while the house was being built and things had to be rearranged. It is a smart thing to do for any flipper. In fact, I may do it myself. Increases value as a third upstairs bedroom. 

and No…He said he can shop more investors, list as is, or fix up and list. It was completely up to me. No pressure either way..  He specifically said many times I shouldn’t do much at all to the house.

Tough crowd

Maybe I wasn’t clear in the explanation on the 300,000. The realtor said that the investor hoped to do whatever they were going to do then resell with the price point around 300,000. With the amount of money it would cost them for the renovations, their number to be profitable was the 220.   

5 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I'm not sure about that - what she said was "they" would like to do some serious renovation,  but it's not their house, so they aren't doing anything. They see a woman who really doesn't want to spend time and money fixing it up, then they imply that's the only way she can do better, and it's all designed to get her to say "I'll just sell right now, I want this to end".

It really wasn’t like that all.   I think you may be confusing the players.
That’s what they told me the investor would be doing if they bought the house. They would be doing the serious renovations and flipping it. Everything has been above board except perhaps initially that the other realtor worked at the same agency. According to monkey who sounded knowledgeable in this area, it’s not unethical or uncommon. In addition, the realtor volunteered that to me as an aside today. I think they’re fine. 

1 minute ago, IAG said:

Lol. NO….My realtor named the price and they were going to think about it and get back to us. It was their counter offer.  My realtor threw up a number quickly but said we weren’t bound to it.   …designed to gauge interest. Those people never agreed to anything yesterday.  Their plan was always to remodel the house. Actually they want to turn one room into a bedroom, which was apparently the original plan of my dad when he built it,  but then I came along unexpectedly while the house was being built and things had to be rearranged. It is a smart thing to do for any flipper. In fact, I may do it myself. Increases value as a third upstairs bedroom. 

and No…He said he can shop more investors, list as is, or fix up and list. It was completely up to me. No pressure either way..

Tough crowd

Huh, you now have a realtor, which guy is that? I just dont see people getting deep into plans to remodel houses they dont own.

You were offered $240K already, these guys lowered it to $220, and I assume there would still be a commission. If your house was zillowed at 260 it could prob go a bit higher.(perhaps in the spring).

Who said he can shop more investors - the realtor? that's not his job, his job is to list it if you sign.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Huh, you now have a realtor, which guy is that? I just dont see people getting deep into plans to remodel houses they dont own.

You were offered $240K already, these guys lowered it to $220, and I assume there would still be a commission. If your house was zillowed at 260 it could prob go a bit higher.(perhaps in the spring).

Who said he can shop more investors - the realtor? that's not his job, his job is to list it if you sign.

I was never offered 240k…are you drunk?   The Zillow listings assume market value which assumes updated.   

The realtor said that. He also gave the other options I have mentioned about three times now. Again, I think you are confusing the players and sequence of events.  

Just now, IAG said:

I was never offered 240k…are you drunk?   The Zillow listings assume market value which assumes updated.   

The realtor said that. He also gave the other options I have mentioned about three times now. Again, I think you are confusing the players and sequence of events.  

WVU offered you 240, and No, zillow does not assume 50 year houses are remodeled to appear to be new. Update schmupdate, you said the house was clean and well maintained, that's all that matters.

When my mom died 6 years ago and I listed it with a realtor he recommended all kinds of nonsense, painting, carpet cleaning, etc, I ended up listening to his suggestion to take  down all the old lady drapes and curtains - it sold the first day at list. Realtors are frequently full of shit.

Just now, mikeman said:

WVU offered you 240, and No, zillow does not assume 50 year houses are remodeled to appear to be new. Update schmupdate, you said the house was clean and well maintained, that's all that matters.

When my mom died 6 years ago and I listed it with a realtor he recommended all kinds of nonsense, painting, carpet cleaning, etc, I ended up listening to his suggestion to take  down all the old lady drapes and curtains - it sold the first day at list. Realtors are frequently full of shit.

He probably listed at the correct price.  

6 minutes ago, IAG said:

He probably listed at the correct price.  

I set the price - it was $239.9(it was a quad townhome), he said that might be a tad high but was within range - he suggested 230, I said lets try this and see what happens, it happened.

realtors like it to be easy for them.

When you're really ready to sell, which apparently isn't now, just find a realtor and list it, then see what happens.

5 minutes ago, RaiseThese said:

Am I the only person on TGF that realizes MikeyDoom has early onset alzheimers, dude cant keep track of a conversation and forgets what he says  and what he reads time and time again.

Please be patient with him as the situtation is only going to get worse with time. 

Does seem to be slipping. Damn shame.