IAG

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I get letters all the time from investors looking to buy my house - I've never called back but I guarantee they're lowball offers, if my house is worth $350K I bet they might offer $275.

those letters are meaningless.  Get them to the house and get a real purchase offer contract if you want to sell.

I am probably in the hottest market other than perhaps Joey,I been telling her ,her house is worth far more than she thinks but she refused to listen.

Also told her to sell as Is in her situation because she’s gonna have to pay people to renovate,again on to deaf ears

Personally , I have sold 6 house and live to regret each and everyone.

Just now, Dingo said:

I am probably in the hottest market other than perhaps Joey,I been telling her ,her house is worth far more than she thinks but she refused to listen.

Also told her to sell as Is in her situation because she’s gonna have to pay people to renovate,again on to deaf ears

Personally , I have sold 6 house and live to regret each and everyone.

she is coming around I think.  Dingo nose

2 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I agree with WVU, I've only sold properties AS IS. If you put 10k into cosmetic fixes before selling, you won't get that back in the sale price. 

List with Redfin for lower commissions.

Not necessarily,if you know what you’re doing you can make lots of sweat equity.

Putting in a rental suite in the house is a good way to increase the value of a home.

Probably what that “investor” is gonna do

What that agent is doing is not allowed here,too many “office deals” ending up being people colluding to low ball the seller

37 minutes ago, Dingo said:

Not necessarily,if you know what you’re doing you can make lots of sweat equity.

Putting in a rental suite in the house is a good way to increase the value of a home.

Probably what that “investor” is gonna do

What that agent is doing is not allowed here,too many “office deals” ending up being people colluding to low ball the seller

Or they're just going to flip it.

Tons of people simply renovate with their team of contractors and flip homes for profit.

Not trying to hijack the thread but has anyone sold a house without a realtor?  I've only bought without realtor, not sold.  Girlfriend is going to sell her house and move in, Townhouses in her complex sell in under 1 week.  I assume you just need a lawyer to do the deed work, would seller or buyer pay for lawyer?  thanks

1 minute ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

The idea that renovating can't or won't bring more money/profit is far from the truth.

If it's done right and cost effectively, it certainly can.

I would agree that if the kitchen and bathrooms are dated it helps to renovate those. 

It didn't help my bottom line too much when I had indoor  painting and flooring updated prior to selling.

2 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

Not trying to hijack the thread but has anyone sold a house without a realtor?  I've only bought without realtor, not sold.  Girlfriend is going to sell her house and move in, Townhouses in her complex sell in under 1 week.  I assume you just need a lawyer to do the deed work, would seller or buyer pay for lawyer?  thanks

You really only need a title company if the sale is by owner outside of a realtor.

9 minutes ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

I sold my house without a realtor, paid an agent $300 to write up the paperwork and was done. This was a couple years ago

1 minute ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

I close on a buy next Friday without a realtor.  I sold a house last August without a realtor.  You need a title company and title lawyer.  Generally the buyer pays lawyer fees but it’s all negotiable.