Shit is getting real

IAG

1 hour ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Real estate markets aren’t often very inefficient. There are tons of “tricks “ people use to justify unwarranted prices that work pretty well. Was a realtor for a few years and it’s a laughably dumb profession 

Interesting part is the recent move by black rock, blackstone, Zillow, and a few other large funds that that are buying huge amounts of residential real estate for work over market  I can only assume as a hedge against inflation 

Zillow stopped buying homes as of yesterday 

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, IAG said:

I said if I could get 250k clear I would be gone..  I think that’s fair…The guy did say that he didn’t mean to pressure me and we can certainly list if that’s what I wanted to do.  But why not show to multiple investors? That’s what does it make sense to me. He kind of just decided that price and invited in his colleague.  Probably after talking to the investor and his son. I don’t know. The guy works for a very long standing reputable big real estate firm in town and shares the name of the family that owns it…maybe a grandson…I really liked him yesterday. Today just kind of threw me.  He brought me a whole slew of comps from sales in my area from last month or two…will have to study more. 

Fair enough, and if he brought comp data that's good, the more info the better, if and when you tell them you're gonna step back watch their reaction. This is a high pressure game they're playing. And it is a game - the fact the guy had people outside waiting to pop in tells you that.

Dont play games with your greatest asset, dont be pressured into selling if you're not ready, dont pay high commissions you dont have to, and dont sell until you have far more confidence in your price in today's market.

The fact the one guy said he might flip it tells you he thinks it's worth a fair bit more.

2 minutes ago, IAG said:

The discussion about the investor and the other realtor is kind of fuzzy. He did tell me he was representing his father. I think what he neglected to tell me was that the other realtor worked at his same firm,  but then again that’s a giant real estate company in Sioux Falls so not completely crazy.   And they had both their wives with them looking around and they were all giving input about how they could do this and that.   Whole thing odd.  Not really sure what they were doing there.   One of the women is also in real estate…I think she just got her license.  The guy is reputable, but I think I gave them too much information as far as motivation yesterday.  I,e,, too much house for me to keep up with, want to move to BH etc…

I feel absolutely no obligation and he understands that I might not be quite ready to sell,  but yeah, I haven’t even signed a contract with the guy…

What is the zillow estimate?

Just now, IAG said:

They're you go, 230 is a lowball, i expect them to call you tomorrow and say "we'd like to close in 10 days, is that ok"? 

These fuckers sound like car salesman that walks out to you on the lot and when you say "i'm interested in this car" put a sold sign on it and say great," lets go sign the papers." :mutley

2 minutes ago, WVU said:

That’s the mid range estimate.  Your house should be even higher than the high range because there are no recent comps and the Zillow algorithm is off.

Hard to say but there is no reason not to at least list and see what offers come in. I dont know jack squat about her neighborhood or market but it's quite possible she could get $280-290 and is leaving  $30-40 K on the table?

53 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Is $230-250K about what you thought it was worth in todays market? I sounds low, sounds like these guys are behaving unethically if you ask me.  You didn't sign a contract nor did you invite anyone in to "look  around" , then to top it off he lied about an investor - the realotr is in it with the guy - he should have disclosed that far earlier.

IMO when you decide to sell - on YOUR time table, get as far away from these guys as you can.  And why on earth would you pay a 6% commission when he's not your realtor?

Finally they will call tomorrow to to tell you if they" will take it"? are they fuckin nuts, it's not for sale yet.

:bulb

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

They're you go, 230 is a lowball, i expect them to call you tomorrow and say "we'd like to close in 10 days, is that ok"? 

These fuckers sound like car salesman that walks out to you on the lot and when you say "i'm interested in this car" put a sold sign on it and say great," lets go sign the papers." :mutley

Keep in mind that the comps on the recent sales are houses that have all been recently updated with new kitchens and bathrooms etc. My parents were the original owners. They kept in great condition but there  are updates to be done. It was built in 1966…Estimates..flooring 10k, painting 13k, lighting 1000, misc…light switch plates etc 750

Interior was actually just entirely repainted about four or five years ago but apparently neutral beige etc. is not the best option. That is one thing I wouldn’t worry about..paint…

I asked this guy today since we had not signed a contract if he had a fiduciary duty to me. Technically if he’s not officially my agent he doesn’t have to look out for my best interest correct?