Self Storage

brokerstip

6 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

Did he buy or build? The one here was built from scratch and not purchased. Small town but 100 garage units + about 20 large RV units

Think he bought the first two,and developed the other two ,about 5 years later.

It’s family owned and ran,he has a little shop there that sells moving boxes,tape etc.Rents out hand trucks and moving dollies.

He’s killing it but I think it cost quite a bit to get going.

1 minute ago, WVU said:

I was looking at a property in NC a while back.  It had a 3/2 house and 20 unit or so storage facility on 3 acres. My wife wouldn’t let me buy it, lol.  It sold for like 300k

what's it worth now? 

What are you currently looking at? Rentals? Storage? Land? I think I read somewhere you're actively looking or was

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

A new gig in Seattle is selling broken down motor homes and station wagons to the homeless.

Tow trucks will bring your new home, "Where would you like it sir"?

Exactly,see ads all the time,people willing to pay 5-7 hundred bucks to squat on your land if you provide septic and power.

29 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

what's it worth now? 

What are you currently looking at? Rentals? Storage? Land? I think I read somewhere you're actively looking or was

I look at everything.  I buy vacant land and homes.  Never bought a storage place or any business though.  It was a year ago so probably worth 400k now.   that area is saturated with storage places.  It’s in the country but they are everywhere.  Most look vacant.  

17 minutes ago, WVU said:

I look at everything.  I buy vacant land and homes.  Never bought a storage place or any business though.  It was a year ago so probably worth 400k now.   that area is saturated with storage places.  It’s in the country but they are everywhere.  Most look vacant.  

where are you looking at? What website?

Just now, brokerstip said:

where are you looking at? What website?

All of them but Zillow is the best place to start.  It’s easy to see other listings and also recently sold.  My next close is in Western MD in Garrett county.  I’m getting it for 112k and it’s worth 160-180.  I got a signed agreement before they listed it. It’s a friend of a friend.  Some dumb realtor went to the house and told them they would never get 100k.  Lol I proved her wrong and had a signed contract the next day.  

Just now, brokerstip said:

is your LT goal to flip right away, rent, or hold LT?

Depends on what I buy.  The Maryland house will be rented to the sellers for 1200/month.  I would rather flip it but they are dumb and want to stay and rent it.  So super easy for me.  Land I hold long term.  I have vacant land property in FL, NC, PA, Texas, Arkansas, and Colorado.  Most of them I bought on EBay of all places, lol.  The mountain houses I am buying in NC are being used as AirBnB.  I bought a house 6 months ago for 340k and am currently getting 600 per night during leaf season.  This is it:

70B13FBE-0FE3-4808-97EA-9988E8A977A2.jpeg

3 minutes ago, brokerstip said:

No brainer on the rental, what are they even thinking???

Long story.  I know the guy from years back.  It’s his wife’s house. She wants to move to warmer climate but she is too dumb to realize she can’t afford it.  I tried hard to talk them out of selling.  They will end up separated or divorced and he will end up renting it forever.