NCAA Bowl Contest

Downsouth

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Tomorrow's Newspaper said:

sharp/ Downsouth - On my TN #2 I have listed Miami -3.   That is the Miami, OH game (as that line is 3) not the Miami Florida game (that line is 2.5).  Sorry for not making that clear but the line should show who I (my brother in law) actually played.  

Got it TN,  will make the adjustment. thanks for heads up

At this point we have to  decide what to do as a group.  

1)  Allow everyone to pick another alternate or two.  

2.)  Call the whole thing and refund money.  I know it sucks but this is getting pretty ridiculous and Id guess more cancellations are to follow. 

3.)  STick with where we are at and people that run out of alternates are just screwed.  

17 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

At this point we have to  decide what to do as a group.  

1)  Allow everyone to pick another alternate or two.  

2.)  Call the whole thing and refund money.  I know it sucks but this is getting pretty ridiculous and Id guess more cancellations are to follow. 

3.)  STick with where we are at and people that run out of alternates are just screwed.  

3.  You made the rule specifically stating it would be tough luck if your game gets cancelled and to pick games in the south if you want to avoid that.  If you let people pick more games, they can either go opposite the guys ahead of them, pick of stale lines, allow leaders to copy picks of guys behind them etc.

Its gambling, and part of the gamble is picking the right games this year.  I dont like it either, but it is what it is.  If it hadnt been addressed before the contest started i could see taking a vote.  But since it was talked about and decided, I dont see how you can change it now.

2 minutes ago, Tomorrow's Newspaper said:

3.  You made the rule specifically stating it would be tough luck if your game gets cancelled and to pick games in the south if you want to avoid that.  If you let people pick more games, they can either go opposite the guys ahead of them, pick of stale lines, allow leaders to copy picks of guys behind them etc.

Its gambling, and part of the gamble is picking the right games this year.  I dont like it either, but it is what it is.  If it hadnt been addressed before the contest started i could see taking a vote.  But since it was talked about and decided, I dont see how you can change it now.

Fair enough,  honestly could not have forseen this many cancellations but you are correct that it was addressed prior so were rolling with what we have.  

7 minutes ago, Tomorrow's Newspaper said:

Lol,  went back and read.  I look like a goof now.  

2nd dilema.  Are the cancelled games only subbed into the first cancelled games or highest rated games.  Example 4 games cancelled,  2 1 star early,  a 2 star and a 3 star late.   Should substitute games be into whatever was cancelled first or highest rated games out of what was cancelled.