TGF Master Political Thread

KingRevolver

11 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

No they didn't LOL

It was done, big deal

Why Did Senate Democrats Block Trump’s Plan to Top Off Strategic Petroleum Reserves?

oil-tanks-768x510.jpg

Back in March 2020, President Donald Trump proposed a plan to spend $3 billion to top off America’s Strategic Petroleum Reserves. This is a Petroleum Reserve that was built after the 1973 oil embargo, and can hold up to 727 million barrels that can be used in a national emergency. Senate Democrats took credit for stripping this $3 billion from the $2 trillion stimulus package last spring, and called it a “bailout” for the oil industry.

To put the amount of petroleum that this reserve can hold into perspective, if completely full, this reserve would technically be able to provide all of the oil that the U.S. needs for about a month at the current usage rate, if the oil was able to be released all at once. Because only 4.4 million barrels could be released per day, that would be dragged out to 165 days.

This reserve has been tapped into several times over the past few decades to pay for legislation and to help balanced the budget in the 1990s under Bill Clinton, and has been opened several times, including just before Hurricane Katrina in 2005 and again in June 2011 to help curb the spike in gasoline prices.

I’ve been saying for over a decade that this reserve should be kept 100% full and only used in times of true emergencies, like we are currently seeing. A rise in gas prices is not an emergency. I said that when both Bush and Obama used it to try to lower gas prices. What is an emergency however is when a foreign group hacks our energy grid, disrupting the largest oil pipeline in the country that provides 45% of all oil used on the East Coast. This weekend would have been the time to start temporarily releasing oil from that reserve with the plan to fill it up again once we had the pipeline fully operational.

Of course that all would depend on us having leaders who knew what they are doing and care more about the interest of the security of this country and not their own political interests. Senate Democrats were able to “find” $2 trillion for a stimulus package but couldn’t find an extra $3 billion for national security? They can find trillions of dollars for “infrastructure” but couldn’t find $3 billion for actual infrastructure?

It’s time that our elected officials start putting our national security first and get serious about preventing things like this from happening again, and prepare by doing things like filling up our Strategic Petroleum Reserves for if and when it does happen again. This is just another reminder that our entire way of life is very vulnerable to attack and can be disrupted quickly.

https://rollcall.com/2020/03/25/oil-purchase-to-fill-strategic-reserve-dropped-from-stimulus/

The Trump administration's plan to top off the Strategic Petroleum Reserve ran into a blockade Wednesday after lawmakers excluded $3 billion in funding for oil purchases from the massive stimulus package before Congress.

Senate Democrats took credit for stripping out that money from the Senate bill, unveiled Wednesday, calling it a “bailout” for the oil industry.

• Replies 69.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Why are you so dumb? :pop

the SPR was about 95% full when Trump took office.

By the end of December 2017, the SPR had about 663.7 million barrels of oil, compared to the 695.1 million barrels when Trump took office – and EIA data show the volume continued to decline throughout his presidency. 

The SPR inventory was about 638.1 million barrels on Jan. 15, 2021, less than one week before Biden’s inauguration. That means the SPR was more full when Trump became president than it was when he left office. 

7 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

the SPR was about 95% full when Trump took office.

By the end of December 2017, the SPR had about 663.7 million barrels of oil, compared to the 695.1 million barrels when Trump took office – and EIA data show the volume continued to decline throughout his presidency. 

The SPR inventory was about 638.1 million barrels on Jan. 15, 2021, less than one week before Biden’s inauguration. That means the SPR was more full when Trump became president than it was when he left office. 

Yup, that's because they wouldn't let him fill it. :laugh

There were some withdrawals because of needs during disruptions like hurricanes, etc.

i ask again, why are you so dumb? You prob had a decent education, you've said you went to college, but you are a moron when it comes to anything real, anything important. Why?

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Yup, that's because they wouldn't let him fill it. :laugh

There were some withdrawals because of needs during disruptions like hurricanes, etc.

i ask again, why are you so dumb? You prob had a decent education, you've said you went to college, but you are a moron when it comes to anything real, anything important. Why?

You're the dumb asshole here.  There was nothing to fill.  What don't you get??

4 minutes ago, mikeman said:

So when trump requested $3 billion to fill it and the dems proudly blocked it and bragged about it, that was all lies huh?

He lied, like he always does, that it was empty.  You know he accomplished ONE thing while president?

Passing the ridiculous tax cut for the wealthy.  That's it

5 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

He lied, like he always does, that it was empty.  You know he accomplished ONE thing while president?

Passing the ridiculous tax cut for the wealthy.  That's it

Oil was under $20 bbl, for a time it was less than that, $3 billion would have bought over 100 million bbls and would have filled it to max capacity.

The democrats blocked it because they hated trump.

They were wrong, they were dumb...but you are really, really dumb.

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Oil was under $20 bbl, for a time it was less than that, $3 billion would have bought over 100 million bbls and would have filled it to max capacity.

The democrats blocked it because they hated trump.

They were wrong, they were dumb...but you are really, really dumb.

You just ignore the fact that there was more oil there when he left that when he arrived.  How was that possible if bad democrats blocked it???

6 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Didn‘t you just quote the exact opposite where there was less at the end of 2021 than 2017?

He didn't read it. :deemer

He has no idea what he's saying, he's just babbling, just as the dems hated trump and blocked him from doing something that was smart and needed, brock hates me and is arguing the opposite side for spite.

And he looks like the fool he is.

12 hours ago, mikeman said:

You mean it ran away or it died?

Lol. Lost it, as in could not find.  Searched house top  to bottom I don’t know how many times.  We had people going in and out, and the neighborhood  fireworks 💥 were even more intense than the night before, so we figured she must have slipped out door at some point.   In any case, after I called all shelters, posted lost ads (cost $60 to have boosted posts, ) etc, she come strolling into the living room around 4 pm.    ….just like in TN years ago, she found a hiding spot that we missed somehow.    We still don’t know.   Craziest thing.  Anyway, not dead, and now no longer missing.   I still don’t want to talk about politics lol.    FTR though, once again, I’m a registered R….was registered independent til switched in 2016 to vote Trump in primary.  Voted for Biden in 2020, knowing wouldn’t matter in SD.   In hindsight though, should have abstained or written someone in… like Gmcarroll33. 🙂

2 minutes ago, IAG said:

Lol. Lost it, as in could not find.  Searched house top  to bottom I don’t know how many times.  We had people going in and out, and the neighborhood  fireworks 💥 were even more intense than the night before, so we figured she must have slipped out door at some point.   In any case, after I called all shelters, posted lost ads (cost $60 to have boosted posts, ) etc, she come strolling into the living room around 4 pm.    ….just like in TN years ago, she found a hiding spot that we missed somehow.    We still don’t know.   Craziest thing.  Anyway, not dead, and now no longer missing.   I still don’t want to talk about politics lol.    FTR though, once again, I’m a registered R….was registered independent til switched in 2016 to vote Trump in primary.  Voted for Biden in 2020, knowing wouldn’t matter in SD.   In hindsight though, should have abstained or written someone in… like Gmcarroll33. 🙂

Glad she's ok, I still miss my Walter.

Take that $60 out of her allowance.

34 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

cant do that. give a dog steak in its bowl once and its never wanting anything again 

Yeah, just messing since little shit cost me $60, and then appeared like half an hour later. .. they get Fancy Feast Pate daily, but not like they used to.  I supplement with dry here and there…read FF isn’t that good for them, but it’s what they know and like. 

3 minutes ago, IAG said:

Yeah, just messing since little shit cost me $60, and then appeared like half an hour later. .. they get Fancy Feast Pate daily, but not like they used to.  I supplement with dry here and there…read FF isn’t that good for them, but it’s what they know and like. 

Sentence her to 10 days of Meow Mix for her transgression! 

Donald Trump: 2018

“Germany is totally controlled by Russia,They will be getting between 60 and 70 percent of their energy from Russia and a new pipeline.”

"Germany is making Russia richer"

When the NATO secretary general told Trump trade was a separate matter, Trump fired back.

“How can you be together when a country is getting its energy from the person you want protection against or from the group that you want protection against?” he asked. “I think it is a very bad thing for NATO and I don’t think it should have happened and I think we have to talk to Germany about it.”

You all laughed at Trump. And again..HE WAS RIGHT.

• rdalert447 changed the title to Why is Every Liberal at TGF So Angry?
  • Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread