Top Posters In This Topic

• sleepy

• FISHHEAD

• mikeman

• RaiseThese

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hicker Boats,

If your governor declares wearing a mask outside is now mandatory? Do you follow that order “ For The Greater Good”, ?

Or do you say hey wait a second here as this is unconstitutional and they are being authoritarian.

For the greater good for me is Freedom.

I would never do anything that could be reasonably thought to endanger another

if I were in my back yard with no person within 400 yards I would not wear one.

If at a baseball game sitting beside another fan I would wear one.

I would never do anything that could be reasonably thought to endanger another

if I were in my back yard with no person within 400 yards I would not wear one.

If at a baseball game sitting beside another fan I would wear one.

Sounds idiotic as hell. But hey this is coming from someone who has trigger locks on his guns.

yes I have trigger locks on my guns. I think they make my home over all safer as there are at times children here. As I said earlier I would never do anything knowly that endangers another

I have guns for the sport of shooting , some are family guns and a few I just got em to get em.

No need to have quick access to any.

-----------------------------------

The government can override even such basic rights as freedom of speech, assembly, and religion if it meets the demands of strict scrutiny.

Preventing the spread of a pandemic is obviously a compelling government interest. Therefore challenges to any restrictions would turn on whether they are narrowly tailored to do that. One reason they may not be narrowly tailored is if they are egregiously excessive. But the courts will likely grant the government a lot of latitude on that question

freedom of religion, freedom of assembly, freedom to work - which means to live...life liberty and the pursuit of happiness, etc. Those things cant be wiped away with a governors pen, ever.

well actualy

The government can override even such basic rights as freedom of speech, assembly, and religion if it meets the demands of strict scrutiny.

Preventing the spread of a pandemic is obviously a compelling government interest. Therefore challenges to any restrictions would turn on whether they are narrowly tailored to do that. One reason they may not be narrowly tailored is if they are egregiously excessive. But the courts will likely grant the government a lot of latitude on that question

yes I have trigger locks on my guns. I think they make my home over all safer as there are at times children here. As I said earlier I would never do anything knowly that endangers another

I have guns for the sport of shooting , some are family guns and a few I just got em to get em.

No need to have quick access to any.

-----------------------------------

Any such emergency orders need to be narrowly focused, limited in duration, and equally applied across society. the argument cannot be made that it's ok for walmart to sell a product, but a neighboring store  selling the same product is too dangerous. Nor can emergency orders be unreasonably extended indefinitely.

• Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Covid Thread