Top Posters In This Topic

• Jimmy Hoffa

• mikeman

• vitalyo

• Bigrunner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Business Insider

'So ashamed': Russian diplomat quits over Ukraine invasion, attacking Putin's circle as corrupt and obsessed with luxury

"Never have I been so ashamed of my country as on February 24 this year," wrote Boris Bondarev in a letter sent to diplomats on Monday and shared by the nonprofit organization UN Watch.

"Those who conceived this war want only one thing — to remain in power forever, to live in pompous tasteless palaces, sail on yachts comparable in tonnage and cost to the entire Russian navy, enjoying unlimited power and complete impunity," the letter read.

He said the work of the Russian Foreign Ministry had been reduced to "propaganda cliches in the spirit of Soviet newspapers in the 1930s."

He reserved particular ire for his former boss Sergey Lavrov, Russia's foreign minister, saying the once-respected diplomat now leads a department that "is all about warmongering, lies and hatred."

The war in Ukraine is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, he wrote, but also a crime against Russians.

Bondarev confirmed the letter as genuine to the Associated Press.

Bondarev said he served as a diplomat since 2002 and has represented Russia to the United Nations in Geneva, Switzerland since 2019.

Russian diplomat quits because Russia is winning in the bottom of the ninth!:laugh

Putin's 'de-Nazify' claims in Ukraine obscure his Nazi problem at home

Russian President Vladimir Putin claimed he invaded Ukraine to "de-Nazify" the county, whose democratically elected leader is Jewish and lost relatives in the Holocaust.

Experts say it's an absurd allegation, not least because although Ukraine has attracted radicals of all stripes, it highlights the activities of a politically marginal group no more representative of Ukraine than of the United States or Western Europe.

In fact, while extremist groups in Russia have expressed a range of views about Putin's invasion of Ukraine, his biggest Nazi problem may be at home where some far-right hate groups sympathize with Ukrainians and threats to their independence, and are having trouble squaring the reality of Putin's assault on Ukraine with their racist beliefs.

Russian diplomat quits with extraordinary letter over Putin's 'shameful' war in Ukraine

In his farewell statement shared with other diplomats, Bondarev, who has been counsellor of the Russian Mission to the UN Office at Geneva since 2019, wrote: “Never have I been so ashamed of my country.

"For 20 years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on 24 February of this year.

"The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia.

22 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Russian diplomat quits with extraordinary letter over Putin's 'shameful' war in Ukraine

In his farewell statement shared with other diplomats, Bondarev, who has been counsellor of the Russian Mission to the UN Office at Geneva since 2019, wrote: “Never have I been so ashamed of my country.

"For 20 years of my diplomatic career I have seen different turns of our foreign policy, but never have I been so ashamed of my country as on 24 February of this year.

"The aggressive war unleashed by Putin against Ukraine, and in fact against the entire western world, is not only a crime against the Ukrainian people, but also, perhaps, the most serious crime against the people of Russia.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian buildings continue to fall down while Russian ones remain standing.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian children hide in shelters while Russian children attend school.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian families face shortages of everything while Russian families prosper.

Do you still think Ukraine is winning?   

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Meanwhile, Ukrainian buildings continue to fall down while Russian ones remain standing.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian children hide in shelters while Russian children attend school.

Meanwhile, Ukrainian families face shortages of everything while Russian families prosper.

Do you still think Ukraine is winning?   

Yes! Russia's goal was to decapitate the heads of the Ukrainian government. They immediately targeted and then stormed Kyiv. Ukraine withstood everything Pootin had forcing his Nazi's to retreat. Russia has lost a 3rd of it's forces in Ukraine.

BTW, how long will the bottom of the ninth last?  So far it's been close to 30% of the war.

Russia Lost A Third Of Its Forces In Ukraine. Now It’s Losing The War.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/05/15/russia-lost-a-third-of-its-forces-in-ukraine-now-its-losing-the-war/?sh=24ef16e7352e

Growing evidence of a military disaster on the Donets pierces a pro-Russian bubble.

Perhaps most striking, the Russian battlefield failure is resonating with a stable of pro-Russian war bloggers — some of whom are embedded with troops on the front line — who have reliably posted to the social network Telegram with claims of Russian success and Ukrainian cowardice.

“The commentary by these widely read milbloggers may fuel burgeoning doubts in Russia about Russia’s prospects in this war and the competence of Russia’s military leaders,” the Institute for the Study of War, a Washington-based research body, wrote over the weekend.

On May 11, the Russian command reportedly sent about 550 troops of the 74th Motorized Rifle Brigade of the 41st Combined Arms Army to cross the Donets River at Bilohorivka, in the eastern Luhansk region, in a bid to encircle Ukrainian forces near Rubizhne.

Satellite images reveal that Ukrainian artillery destroyed several Russian pontoon bridges and laid waste to a tight concentration of Russian troops and equipment around the river.

As the news of the losses at the river crossing in Bilohorivka started to spread, some Russian bloggers did not appear to hold back in their criticism of what they said was incompetent leadership.

“I’ve been keeping quiet for a long time,” Yuri Podolyaka, a war blogger with 2.1 million followers on Telegram, said in a video posted on Friday, saying that he had avoided criticizing the Russian military until now.

“The last straw that overwhelmed my patience was the events around Bilohorivka, where due to stupidity — I emphasize, because of the stupidity of the Russian command — at least one battalion tactical group was burned, possibly two.”

Mr. Podolyaka ridiculed the Kremlin line that the war is going “according to plan.” He told his viewers in a five-minute video that, in fact, the Russian Army was short of functional unmanned drones, night-vision equipment and other kit “that is catastrophically lacking on the front.”

“Yes, I understand that it’s impossible for there to be no problems in war,” he said. “But when the same problems go on for three months, and nothing seems to be changing, then I personally and in fact millions of citizens of the Russian Federation start to have questions for these leaders of the military operation.”

"Russia dominating this war, it is now the bottom of the ninth.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/15/world/europe/pro-russian-war-bloggers-kremlin.html

Russia likely to have lost third of its Ukraine invasion force, says UK

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/may/15/russia-likely-to-have-lost-third-of-its-ukraine-invasion-force-says-uk

My usual sources of war news are almost dead, with little or no pro ukranian news and video they decided to say nothing. :mutley

I see zelensky admitted that 90% of the planes that take off to attack the russians are shot down, then he said they "might" be losing 100 men/day - that means the real number is prob 4-500.

2 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

everyone here is just a brock landers. just spouting their opinion off

take away all mikemanns sources and ask him to write 1 page on why he like russia over ukraine and it would suck

nobody here knows anything about whats really going on 

I said before always go against the left and democrats, always, they are evil, period.

If they support zelensky and ukraine then ukraine is the wrong side.

That and the fact that the US overthrew a democratically elected govt in ukraine in 2014 that started this whole thing, remember when Trump was  impeached because he wanted to stop aid to ukraine until corruption was eliminated? Think about that, how precious war in ukraine is to the globalists that want to destroy the US and world?

Keep in mind everything we hear from the US media/govt is a lie. When they talk about covid it's a lie, when they talk about the border it's a lie, the formula shortage is a mfg shortage/lie, and everything we hear about the status of the war is a lie.  Knowing all that how can anyone think, yea, the ukranians are the good guys?

9 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

everyone here is just a brock landers. just spouting their opinion off

take away all mikemanns sources and ask him to write 1 page on why he like russia over ukraine and it would suck

nobody here knows anything about whats really going on 

TGF posters keep their ears to the ground and report the truth unavailable elsewhere. 

Just now, KingKolzig said:

Putin invaded. "he had to!"

maybe he could convince me if he cared to. maybe not. at least you are enjoying everything and dont believe the crazy HUAD stuff so good for you 

Nonsense, this  is a special military operation to eliminate Nazi's in the UK govt. It's also to expand russian control over traditionally russians speaking and leaning areas. The ukranians have actually made laws against russian people in ukraine from speaking their language in public, etc, Putin cant allow some pipsqueak country and a comic president to do that.