Important stuff only in this thread

redstripe

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

A traditional defined benefit pension can can be cashed in.

However, if you take the lump sum they will tax the piss out of it. Always best to just move on to the new job and leave the old pension in place until you file for the monthly benefit. 

Thanks Jimmy figured Uncle Sam would have his hand out. Moving back to Iowa and starting with a new old company on the 31st

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Congratulations, right?

Yeah all good. Not really a big fan of change but did it anyhow. Iowa having mobile wagering is nice. Also a company vehicle that should save me 3 to 4 hundred a month in gas. 20-25k more a year with potential for more helped tip the scales too.

38 minutes ago, mike499 said:

Yeah all good. Not really a big fan of change but did it anyhow. Iowa having mobile wagering is nice. Also a company vehicle that should save me 3 to 4 hundred a month in gas. 20-25k more a year with potential for more helped tip the scales too.

You won Mike, well done.

2 minutes ago, mike499 said:

Offered a better package last minute  by my current employer thinking about staying put. Going to burn bridges but f it have to look out for me. Right?

The only problem is that anytime you announce you're quitting and then they try to keep you, they'll hold it against you. It does depend on the industry however(and the co's usual turnover). Are they matching your what the new company was giving you?

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

The only problem is that anytime you announce you're quitting and then they try to keep you, they'll hold it against you. It does depend on the industry however(and the co's usual turnover). Are they matching your what the new company was giving you?

Actually a little better and I don’t have to move but if I wanted to they are open to letting me choose were. Only problem I see here is burning a bridge i don’t really want to burn. 

Just now, mike499 said:

Actually a little better and I don’t have to move but if I wanted to they are open to letting me choose were. Only problem I see here is burning a bridge i don’t really want to burn. 

If you like your current job and they like you then stay.  I assume the burning of the bridge comment refers to you backing out of your promise to take the new job, it's a tough market out there and these things happen, they wont like it but they wont hate you, it'll be quickly forgotten.

Just now, mikeman said:

If you like your current job and they like you then stay.  I assume the burning of the bridge comment refers to you backing out of your promise to take the new job, it's a tough market out there and these things happen, they wont like it but they wont hate you, it'll be quickly forgotten.

Yeah I might do the millennial thing tomorrow and send a thanks but no thanks text lol

Just now, mike499 said:

Yeah I might do the millennial thing tomorrow and send a thanks but no thanks text lol

Just call them up and tell them the truth - that your current employer made a superior offer to stay, apologize and leave it at that. They'll understand, it's a business.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 5:30 PM, mike499 said:

Hit up Cy81