RIP Walter

mikeman

Made the hard decision to euthanize Walter today, he's been going downhill again for the last few weeks and for the last few days has been pissing all over, going in my closet, on my bedroom floor, in the dining room, etc. He would do it in the daytime even if I'm right there and also at night, not very fun to be sleeping and wake up to your boy peeing on the carpet, I weighed him before I brought him in and he was 8 lbs - at one time he was 19.

The vet apparently felt sorry for me and didn't charge me, said he was a good boy and a good patient, she mentioned that not many people keep up with diabetic cats for years - I think I've been giving him shots for about 4 years. I took the body and luckily the ground is thawed and was able to bury him in the back yard.

It's very sad coming home and packing away all his dishes and litter boxes knowing he's gone.

I took a couple final pics of him. You can see by the close up that he wasn't healthy. He was around 12-13 years old.

walter 018.jpg

walter 007.jpg

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, PLB said:

Take some time and adopt.

Help save a life.

I'll prob get another cat but not right away, having a cat with diabetes really sucks, cats are supposed to be low maint, easy to feed, easy to care for, can leave them alone for a couple days with no worries. With a diabetic cat it's non stop special food, special care, insulin, syringes, test strips, vet visits, and you cant take a trip without finding someone to come in and give him a shot - and NO ONE wants to give a cat a shot because it's sounds scary as fuck.