RIP Walter

mikeman

Initially four five years ago Mr Kitten kept following my teenage son around for weeks. Crazy thing is i have never really had a cat or liked them BUT this kitty would change all that.

My son was told that his old owners moved out and left him and since he was already trained to go outside to go to bathroom i let my son keep him and it wasn't long before  Mr Kitten had my heart and love as he was such a unique cat.

We had him nearly five years. He came in to sleep and eat but would stay outside a lot as well. About a year ago last summer he showed up late one night with a small gang of four kittens which i suspect were his as two were solid black just like him.

As time went on all the kittens quit coming around except one and we eventually adopted her and named her Precious.

A couple months ago my 16 year old son (the one who brought Mr Kitten home) ended up meeting a girl online and went to Delaware for the summer.

Mr Kitten had just come up missing around a week when my son left. I honestly think him meeting this girl has kept his mind off of what happened.

I finally told him on the phone what happened and of course he is very upset.

When my son comes home he wants to adopt another black cat and i told him we would.

It has hurt me too i really had a connection with the little guy and after a while they are practically family.

He would get up on the bed and knead the blanket and sleep with me at times.

I would open our back door and he would run from the parking lot to the doorstep all excited because i always had treats and he loved temptations.

I will sure miss him he was a loving,fun,unique kitty............

231997712_Screenshot2022-05-19at06-41-40MIKESPICTURES.png.472d09b62a95d88c58563621ae563606.png649335651_Screenshot2022-05-19at06-45-08MIKESPICTURES.png.bad99657e1506649fdd8028027bd0c97.png959154113_Screenshot2022-05-19at06-43-54MIKESPICTURES.png.1bf203111d37a64ab5b037b78f9e112f.png

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

These vets nowadays just try to drum up cash.  That cat might live for years.

the competion for money and wealth is so bad now

my dog had cancer, vet diagnosed her and 2 minutes later told me a needed to have her teeth done for $300 or it would get very bad

never did anything with the teeth and that was 4 years ago. scum 

20 hours ago, KingKolzig said:

the competion for money and wealth is so bad now

my dog had cancer, vet diagnosed her and 2 minutes later told me a needed to have her teeth done for $300 or it would get very bad

never did anything with the teeth and that was 4 years ago. scum 

That sounds like some of these car places.

Went to Firestone for one thing and next thing you know they reccommended 2 grand worth of stuff. Outrageous

26 minutes ago, Mike75 said:

That sounds like some of these car places.

Went to Firestone for one thing and next thing you know they reccommended 2 grand worth of stuff. Outrageous

I went to a tires plus to get a tire balanced - they also recommended $2K in work, said my springs were broken, shocks were shot, needed all kinds of crap. i went home, took the tire off, the spring wasn't broken, never had any of that crap done and it's been maybe 8 yrs and 150,000 miles.

I'm sure a lot of dumb people/women fall for it.

15 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I went to a tires plus to get a tire balanced - they also recommended $2K in work, said my springs were broken, shocks were shot, needed all kinds of crap. i went home, took the tire off, the spring wasn't broken, never had any of that crap done and it's been maybe 8 yrs and 150,000 miles.

Exactly.

They get over on really young kids too.

Luckily when i was younger around 18 or so i called my father and told him Midas wanted to do my brakes front and back for 700 bucks.

My dad came and got me took me to a regular mom/pop mechanic place two doors down and they did my brakes for a fraction of the price i think around 100 or 150. The manager of Midas kept shooting my dad dirty looks from the parking lot,lol.

4 minutes ago, Mike75 said:

Exactly.

They get over on really young kids too.

Luckily when i was younger around 18 or so i called my father and told him Midas wanted to do my brakes front and back for 700 bucks.

My dad came and got me took me to a regular mom/pop mechanic place two doors down and they did my brakes for a fraction of the price i think around 100 or 150. The manager of Midas kept shooting my dad dirty looks from the parking lot,lol.

My car is a 2008, I'm heading out west with it in a month so i decided I should change the hoses(radiator and heater), I considered doing it myself but access is not great and even with the ramps i have i decided not to mess with it.

What would you consider a fair price for that - I bought the parts online and picked up the coolant at the toyota dealership?

15 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

WTF?

$32 for anti-freeze, may as well pour caviar in your radiator!!

You know me, nothing but the best, cant skimp on quality.  :mutley

Anyway, i took the car to a mexican guy that runs a little shop, he doesn't even ask your name, doesn't write down anything such as vin numbers, addresses, etc, doesn't consult a book to see how long the job takes, just spits out a number, I paid $140 total - cash.

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Anyway, i took the car to a mexican guy that runs a little shop, he doesn't even ask your name, doesn't write down anything such as vin numbers, addresses, etc, doesn't consult a book to see how long the job takes, just spits out a number, I paid $140 total - cash.

Attaboy.

Dealership prices for a car out of warranty are a non-starter for me.

Just now, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Attaboy.

Dealership prices for a car out of warranty are a non-starter for me.

Here's what they say about the pink coolant - this is the first coolant change I've ever done in 14 yrs, what the heck, may as well put in the good stuff.

image.thumb.png.53f31b2d6be9c8ff23a462d4e8648be2.png

7 hours ago, mikeman said:

My car is a 2008, I'm heading out west with it in a month so i decided I should change the hoses(radiator and heater), I considered doing it myself but access is not great and even with the ramps i have i decided not to mess with it.

What would you consider a fair price for that - I bought the parts online and picked up the coolant at the toyota dealership?

Not sure about that.

Not real saavy on parts/prices i still call up my dad at times as he used to paint and body work as well as work on cars.

About to take a trip myself here in a couple weeks to Delaware to pick up my son gonna rent a car.

5 hours ago, mikeman said:

Here's what they say about the pink coolant - this is the first coolant change I've ever done in 14 yrs, what the heck, may as well put in the good stuff.

image.thumb.png.53f31b2d6be9c8ff23a462d4e8648be2.png

My Astro van used to take the pink coolant and some dumbass at the full service gas station put green antifreeze in it and i made him drain it out. Glad i checked i wouldve been screwed.

Yeah the red stuff i thinks its called dexcool lasts a long time.

3 minutes ago, Mike75 said:

Not sure about that.

Not real saavy on parts/prices i still call up my dad at times as he used to paint and body work as well as work on cars.

About to take a trip myself here in a couple weeks to Delaware to pick up my son gonna rent a car.

I looked into renting a car, they're sky high, like $700 a week.

Just now, mikeman said:

I looked into renting a car, they're sky high, like $700 a week.

I just read that gas might go up to 6 dollars a gallon by August,

Ridiculous,

They raised my rent twice the past two years.

Went from 700 to 850 last year then in July up to 950

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

my dog is not going to last long. maybe just a few days. about 95 in human years not miscalculating. shitting all over the place, red/purple clumps in it. lumps all over. diagnosed with liver/spleen cancer no info on how long she has had it. never done this before its terrible

I'm sorry, it's very hard to lose a buddy.

You can put up with a lot but shitting and pissing all over means it might be time.

On 5/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, mikeman said:

I bought two tires. They said my brakes were shot. Left a 1000 lighter.