RIP Walter

mikeman

3 minutes ago, HurryUpAndDrink said:

yep, at this point  putting her down is a kindness

+1.  Had to do it with my beloved dog.    He Was probably miserable much longer than I realized. Looking back I wish I would’ve had the selflessness to have put him down earlier,  but it’s impossible to time correctly.  Sorry to hear.  It sucks. 

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, IAG said:

+1.  Had to do it with my beloved dog.    He Was probably miserable much longer than I realized. Looking back I wish I would’ve had the selflessness to have put him down earlier,  but it’s impossible to time correctly.  Sorry to hear.  It sucks. 

miserable for a long time? my dog seems to be a little happy here and there. but could be in pain?

7 hours ago, KingKolzig said:

vet tried to sell me surgery for like 3500 for the lump on the spleen. imagine doing that to a dog whos 15 for 3500

and this vet ive always known was a good hearted stand up guy. good guy for sure. but hes also a salesman apparently 

100%

Wanda was almost 15 when she passed, and the vet was insisting on putting her on a treatment... its fuckin delusional

They are rotten

8 hours ago, KingKolzig said:

miserable for a long time? my dog seems to be a little happy here and there. but could be in pain?

Animals are very good at hiding pain.   Idk.  My dog was diabetic and lost sight at end.  It was hard to tell.  One minute he would seem fine it seemed, but he wasn’t the same overall.   I think I posted a video and made a thread about asking how you know when.  

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, mikeman said:

How's he doing, is he still hanging in there?

He is doing great.  For whatever reason he stopped having his passing out episodes. It’s been about 2 months now. Since he had his last one.  He was having them every 5 minutes at one point.  No one knows what it was.  The vet here was stumped.

On 11/28/2022 at 5:03 AM, WVU said:

He is doing great.  For whatever reason he stopped having his passing out episodes. It’s been about 2 months now. Since he had his last one.  He was having them every 5 minutes at one point.  No one knows what it was.  The vet here was stumped.

Glad to hear he is doing better.

Crazy thing about me is i was never into cats until my son brought this cat home a couple years back that followed him everywhere and that cat ended up being mr kitten the one our who family fell in love with. I still miss him dearly he was lovable and such a character.

We now have four cats.

We already had Romeo which my daughter and her boyfriend have had for a long time.

Precious is Mr Kitten's daughter, One night a year or so ago Mr Kitten walked up the breezeway and up the steps and right behind him were three very small kittens that he helped the momma cat raise. For some reason even after the other kittens quite coming around Precious still showed up and we eventually forged a relationship with her. She stays outside all night then in morning comes in and sleeps during the day.

Recently a couple months back this cat was hanging around our door and my daughter eventually brought the kitty in and named her Beanie or Bean.

Last but not least my son left here right around the time Mr Kitten was missing and he went and moved in with a gal he met online and a couple weeks back when he said he was coming home i decided to buy him a black kitty as i know he misses Mr Kitten dearly. This black kitty is so lovable. His name is Junior.......

6 hours ago, mikeman said:

They look very happy. :cheers

4 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

You're a good family man Mike75.

Well done.

Thanks Hoffa, been with my better half 25 yrs but not married. Daughter just turned 18, son turned 17 back from staying with his now ex girlfriend.

Definitely Mike they are a very happy bunch!!

12 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I figured, just giving you shit.  Not a cat fan.  

I know.

Congrats on your Dolphins doing well

A couple years back I gave you hell about Tannehill ,ironically my team is stuck with him now

He has had a resurgence here and I do like him but I hope like hell we do get a rookie like Tua you guys 

when i was 17 my mom was working so she had my dad take the family dog to the vet. she was pretty healthy. but for some reason he had her put down. with nobody ever getting a chance to say goodbye. cause hes a monster

im doing the same thing in a few days. and thats the way it is cause Stone Kold said so