• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Your next pet will find YOU.

It always seems to work out that way. 

This is so often true.   I’m so sorry Mike.   Like WVU said,  I feel like we all knew Walter, maybe because you always called him by name.   You made the right call.   I remember agonizing about eventually having to put down my diabetic dog.  It sucks.   But you did the right thing….better  earlier than later when they are suffering.  RIP sweet kitty Walter. 

43 minutes ago, IAG said:

This is so often true.   I’m so sorry Mike.   Like WVU said,  I feel like we all knew Walter, maybe because you always called him by name.   You made the right call.   I remember agonizing about eventually having to put down my diabetic dog.  It sucks.   But you did the right thing….better  earlier than later when they are suffering.  RIP sweet kitty Walter. 

I now need a new routine, walter would always wake me up in the morning by jumping on the bed, then the first thing I'd do is give him fresh food and water and give him his injection, then I'd go downstairs and clean his box since he'd go a lot being a diabetic. Today i got up and there was nothing to do.

I lost my cat 2 months ago of 14.5 years.  His twin sister is still alive.  Grabbed them up when I was working a college summer job at Enterprise washing cars with a junk yard right behind it.  His twin sister is still alive. 

Anyways I was crushed when he left me, but I read this little quote from a mere child about why our pets don't get to live as long as us and stay with us and it made me smile.

"People are born so that they can learn how to live a good life — like loving everybody all the time and being nice, right?”

"Well, dogs/cats already know how to do that, so they don’t have to stay for as long as we do.”

Also like everybody said, a pet finds you.  Those cats came a year after my previous cat, who was my grandfather's cat had just died out of nowhere.  My dad found him dead one am laying near my mom's printer.  My brother and I were both at college, and my mom was out of town for work.  That was my grandfather's cat, and I'm sure that crushed my dad to find him all by himself.  That cat went and gardened with my grandfather every day until the day he had to go to the nursing home.  A few months later my grandmother fell and broke her hip.  I lived right next door to them, so my dad one day just walked the cat home with us.  He became attached to me pretty quick.  When he died it was a heavy loss because it was like losing another piece of my grandparents.  Then a year later I stumbled upon these cats at a junkyard as little 3 week old kittens.  Funny how the right pets come in unexpectedly.

57 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

sorry to hear this mike

our pet rabbit has started peeing on a pet bed and then licking it, instead of the litter box, told my wife that was a really bad sign

sad that we often love our pets more than friends/relatives but that's the way it is... pet can destroy the house and i'm 1% as mad as if my kids did it

Sorry about your rabbit, looking back at some old pics I was surprised at how good walter looked up till about a yr ago - he still weighed maybe 16 lbs. the decline started slowly and then picked up speed, I think his first "accident" happened around thanksgiving where he started going on carpeting in the basement, after that the weight loss accelerated and his happy behavior started changing.

here's a pic of him when he was a happy chubby cat.

phone 030.jpg

22 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Sorry about your rabbit, looking back at some old pics I was surprised at how good walter looked up till about a yr ago - he still weighed maybe 16 lbs. the decline started slowly and then picked up speed, I think his first "accident" happened around thanksgiving where he started going on carpeting in the basement, after that the weight loss accelerated and his happy behavior started changing.

phone 030.jpg❤️

❤️

3 hours ago, mikeman said:

I now need a new routine, walter would always wake me up in the morning by jumping on the bed, then the first thing I'd do is give him fresh food and water and give him his injection, then I'd go downstairs and clean his box since he'd go a lot being a diabetic. Today i got up and there was nothing to do.

Try the gym in the morning.

3 hours ago, mikeman said:

phone 030.jpg

Rather large fella.

4 hours ago, mikeman said:

phone 030.jpg

Sorry to hear Mike. But def the right thing to do for you both 

2 hours ago, milwaukee mike said:

walter took up almost a whole side of the couch!

mikeman, have you ever seen the movie "st vincent"?  fantastic movie with some gambling mixed in, and he fed the cat better than himself, reminds me of saint mikeman

Here's another view of his corpulence.

phone 019.jpg