mikeman

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, mikeman said:

Sorry about your rabbit, looking back at some old pics I was surprised at how good walter looked up till about a yr ago - he still weighed maybe 16 lbs. the decline started slowly and then picked up speed, I think his first "accident" happened around thanksgiving where he started going on carpeting in the basement, after that the weight loss accelerated and his happy behavior started changing.

here's a pic of him when he was a happy chubby cat.

phone 030.jpg

Did you just take the plastic off that couch ese?

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/14/2022 at 1:53 PM, Mike75 said:

My cat looks very similar to Walter.

Been missing since the 25th of March been looking everywhere the pound,neighbors,etc.

This week will be close to three weeks missing.

I hate it but your cat is probably gone.  Same thing happened to my cat of 11 years.  He wandered off every day to the nearby neighbors and would lounge on their back decks and sun, come home and relax.  He loved to be outside.  One day he just never came home.  I assume a fkn coyote got him or a hawk.  It sucks.  Your cat knows where his home is and didn't just get lost.  They go missing because they're hiding and scared, or the worst has happened.  I went looking every day for 2 months just to make sure.  Not getting to say bye to a pet because an animal killed it is just as bad as saying bye to them in their last moments.  Try to live in the fantasy that somebody scooped your cat up thinking it was a stray and took it home to live with them.

On 4/14/2022 at 11:53 AM, Mike75 said:

My cat looks very similar to Walter.

Been missing since the 25th of March been looking everywhere the pound,neighbors,etc.

This week will be close to three weeks missing.

So sorry.   We literally just had a skinny white and caramel cat meowing outside our sliding doors downstairs.   Brought him in..had tags…such a sweet cat.  We just moved here so could have been a neighborhood outdoor cat, but we took to shelter.   He appeared skinny and it’s been super windy here.  Your and GM’s posts reassured me we did right thing.    

In my experience they are usually closer to home than you think. Was your cat chipped?  Hopefully he finds his way back to you. 

On 4/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, Gmcarroll33 said:

I hate it but your cat is probably gone.  Same thing happened to my cat of 11 years.  He wandered off every day to the nearby neighbors and would lounge on their back decks and sun, come home and relax.  He loved to be outside.  One day he just never came home.  I assume a fkn coyote got him or a hawk.  It sucks.  Your cat knows where his home is and didn't just get lost.  They go missing because they're hiding and scared, or the worst has happened.  I went looking every day for 2 months just to make sure.  Not getting to say bye to a pet because an animal killed it is just as bad as saying bye to them in their last moments.  Try to live in the fantasy that somebody scooped your cat up thinking it was a stray and took it home to live with them.

I've been everywhere around the neighborhood,the pound,etc.

Mine was same as yours loved to be outside lounged in different places.

I live in an apartment complex but the thing about my cat is he ran from strangers UNLESS someone was feeding him treats and slowly gained his trust.

I am thinking in my head just what you printed that someone thought he was a stray and took him in.

On 4/15/2022 at 2:34 PM, IAG said:

So sorry.   We literally just had a skinny white and caramel cat meowing outside our sliding doors downstairs.   Brought him in..had tags…such a sweet cat.  We just moved here so could have been a neighborhood outdoor cat, but we took to shelter.   He appeared skinny and it’s been super windy here.  Your and GM’s posts reassured me we did right thing.    

In my experience they are usually closer to home than you think. Was your cat chipped?  Hopefully he finds his way back to you. 

I wish now i would've had him chipped.

On 4/15/2022 at 1:27 PM, Gmcarroll33 said:

The thing you are so right about is our cat knowing where his home is and that he just didnt get lost.

He was treated very well and loved being with us.

Truly wondering if he was scooped up and just living with someone nearby.

1 hour ago, Mike75 said:

The thing you are so right about is our cat knowing where his home is and that he just didnt get lost.

He was treated very well and loved being with us.

Truly wondering if he was scooped up and just living with someone nearby.

I got Walter from my brother, who had him for 6-9 months, one  day they were siting around a campfire and Walter walked up and was extremely friendly, so he fed him and walter stayed around(he was still an outside cat then).   The thing is he was already fixed, so someone had had him before that and spent money on him. At that point he could have gone back to his original home - assuming he knew where it was.

Hard to say what happened to your cat, but there's a chance he's living the good life not that far away.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Mike.....

Finally found out what happened.

A neighbor of mine saw my daughter going to the trash and told her to tell me to come see her. This person works a lot so we just happened to cross paths. Big animal lover as well. She took me and showed me the spot in the road where my cat got ran over a few weeks ago. He already had a bad back leg. Tore me to pieces. She said that she took him and buried him as she knew the cat really well also. Thought i would let you know.

6 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Sounds kind of messed up to me.  She knew all this time what happened while knowing that you were worried and looking for him and didn’t say anything? Then buries your cat?  What gives her the right to bury your cat?  I’d be pissed off.

My exact same feeling. That makes zero sense to me.
 I’m sorry Mike.  RIP kitty.

11 minutes ago, Mike75 said:

Hey Mike.....

Finally found out what happened.

A neighbor of mine saw my daughter going to the trash and told her to tell me to come see her. This person works a lot so we just happened to cross paths. Big animal lover as well. She took me and showed me the spot in the road where my cat got ran over a few weeks ago. He already had a bad back leg. Tore me to pieces. She said that she took him and buried him as she knew the cat really well also. Thought i would let you know.

RIP to the little guy.

18 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Sounds kind of messed up to me.  She knew all this time what happened while knowing that you were worried and looking for him and didn’t say anything? Then buries your cat?  What gives her the right to bury your cat?  I’d be pissed off.

It's possible they ran the guy over, and obviously didn't want to tell him. At least now he knows what happened.

Personally I would dig him up and rebury him, just to make sure it's him as well as to bury him on the sacred soil of his family.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:26 AM, Gmcarroll33 said:

Emotions are running high. Yes i was irritated for her not coming and telling us.

Still trying to figure everything out.

On 5/17/2022 at 7:47 AM, mikeman said:

It's possible they ran the guy over, and obviously didn't want to tell him. At least now he knows what happened.

Personally I would dig him up and rebury him, just to make sure it's him as well as to bury him on the sacred soil of his family.

She said she went and buried him at her sons house about 30 miles from here.

Personally it is taking everything in me to stay calm with her.

We cut off a friendship with the woman about a year ago.

We live in an apartment community and i am trying to navigate the situation and avoid getting kicked out.