Sell your stocks

HurryUpAndDrink

39 minutes ago, HurryUpAndDrink said:

The controlled demolition of the US stock market is about to begin. The Fed’s interest-rate policy aiming for a 2.5% rate increase is like taking heroin from a heroin addict. The market is about to kill itself. Sell all your stocks NOW. Get out. Buy gold. Last chance.

The problem is with inflation staying in cash is very costly, buying gold is out of the question.

9 hours ago, vitalyo said:

Few years ago I have read an article that there x3 times more gold sold through bank sertificats then an actual gold exists. 

Ya never buy any precious metal financial products. If you want to buy them, physical only. 

Market has been bleeding for a long time and I will continue to fall with interest rate hikes. It’d have crashed a long along time ago w/o the trillions pumped in from the Covid nonsense. There was also a huge unreported fed bail out of the banks for many trillion in 2019 BEFORE Covid. 

oh and let’s not forgot the plunge protection team - https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/plunge-protection-team.asp

Super rich hedge fund type  people will never lose all their money so the stock market permanently crashing is never going to happen.  So no reason to sweat it.

Every time the market goes down a bunch,  the super rich use their cash stockpile to buy more at low prices,  and it goes right back up. 

On 4/7/2022 at 8:56 AM, Smoke said:

will wait on what  MILWAUKEE MIKE has to say

i like gold, not sure what mikeman has against it

ok let's say someone sells all their stocks, bonds, whatever... what do you do with the money?  real estate is super pricy right now, especially considering the direction of interest rates... keep it in cash and lose 10%/year to inflation

i have a bunch of corporate bonds and preferred stocks that have just been crushed... gambling stocks that have been taken down too... not worried, if the world comes to an end then it really doesn't matter whether you have cash or stocks or even gold, a bunch of guys with guns are just gonna take the gold anyway, if we get to a mad max scenario

9 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

i like gold, not sure what mikeman has against it

ok let's say someone sells all their stocks, bonds, whatever... what do you do with the money?  real estate is super pricy right now, especially considering the direction of interest rates... keep it in cash and lose 10%/year to inflation

i have a bunch of corporate bonds and preferred stocks that have just been crushed... gambling stocks that have been taken down too... not worried, if the world comes to an end then it really doesn't matter whether you have cash or stocks or even gold, a bunch of guys with guns are just gonna take the gold anyway, if we get to a mad max scenario

What i dont like about gold is that it's been between $1900-2000 for what seems like years.

20 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Ok here's the question, I've made some money in oil stocks but think that may be close to topping out, it looks like there's a coming food/fertilizer shortage.

How do we play that, what are the stocks that would benefit most from that?

I've moved into a lot of essentials.

In bad times people stop buying goodies, but they never stop buying toilet paper and diapers.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I've moved into a lot of essentials.

In bad times people stop buying goodies, but they never stop buying toilet paper and diapers.

Wheat and corn should be high priced, the problem is farmers grow crops, not companies, so what are the big agri stocks that will benefit? Some are private i believe - either cargill or archer danials, not sure which.

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

WOW!  I don't if it has more room to run.

I bought Camping World (CWH) this week. It's been getting hammered for a month on higher gas prices killing RV sales. It's cheap now and has been a very good company over time.

The planting season hasn't started yet, BUT it's possible most farmers have already bought fertilizer - I'm not a farmer so I dont know how that works.