Horse Racing Horror Story

rdalert447

I decided to take a job about a year ago, after being retired for about 7 years. Last Wednesday, I’m playing Keeneland, playing a handful of my usual trainers. About 10 minutes to post in race 2, I realize there was a cheap opportunity to play a pick three involving two of my favorite trainers down there, Vicky Oliver and Rusty Arnold. So I’m about to bookend them in the Pick 3 with ALL in the middle….

1 minute ago, rdalert447 said:

A week later, my wife buys a $44k Toyota. I thought they still cost $20k on the high end…

My beloved was at the mall this afternoon and bought a pair of boots somewhere for 100 bucks.

She went into another store to look at some shit and put the bag down.

And just like that.... Somebody picked it up and left.

-EV

8 hours ago, Brayden11 said:

Welcome back. How’s Keeneland treating RD? I’m having a good Oaklawn and Keeneland meet this year. Hit a couple big $1 Tri’s at both. 

Same old story. I can hit a long one here and there but can never connect on the exotics. At least the long ones Keep me playing. You hitting taxable stuff?

PS- Vickie Oliver has a couple of new owners, including Secretariat’s old barn. She has two decent winners so far, even won once with that stiff Bejarano aboard. That’s a tough feat.

She needed to branch out from G. Watt’s Humphrey’s horses. She was getting the shit ones while Arnold got the cream of the crop.

13 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

My beloved was at the mall this afternoon and bought a pair of boots somewhere for 100 bucks.

She went into another store to look at some shit and put the bag down.

And just like that.... Somebody picked it up and left.

-EV

at least she's not buying pairs of 4k shoes like my sister

shopping with her is painful even when it's not my money