Crypto taking a beating

redstripe

1 minute ago, IAG said:

He can’t move his PP coins..he would have to sell there, trigger tax events, and rebuy at somewhere else…Red isn’t stupid, but tech is not his thing,  had trouble buying the coins on PP, best for him to just let sit and HODL …Chainsaw has bigger fish to fry. ..like in the Ungar room lol

:cheers

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check out with crypto

Access a new way to pay. Sign up for an account and spend crypto at millions of online stores with PayPal.

Checking out with crypto is a taxable transaction. Fees and exchange rates will apply. Buying and selling cryptocurrency is subject to a number of risks and PayPal does not make any recommendations. Consult your tax advisor. Merchants are paid in fiat currency.

12 minutes ago, redstripe said:

Check out with crypto

Access a new way to pay. Sign up for an account and spend crypto at millions of online stores with PayPal.

Checking out with crypto is a taxable transaction. Fees and exchange rates will apply. Buying and selling cryptocurrency is subject to a number of risks and PayPal does not make any recommendations. Consult your tax advisor. Merchants are paid in fiat currency.

That’s the thing.  Even most of the stores that “take crypto” have an intermediary to convert,  and they are paid in USD. 

23 minutes ago, HurryUpAndDrink said:

and the BOLD part here too... I think u all have made valid points

but I do think BTC is not gonna save us from government control, quite the opposite

Sadly looks more like that every year.  Things have changed in crypto, and not for the better.   

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

See NFTs for an example of worthless, overproduced trash.

When Madonna and all of the other squares have jumped on board, you know the ship is sinking...

Never got the NFT thing.   Sometimes I think maybe it’s how people used to think about BTC, and maybe I just don’t completely get the NFT thing.   Then I think Nah….

7 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

The value of NFTs isn’t pictures of monkeys. 
The real use case is a blockchain ledger using NFTs to validate ownership. Think stocks. Think collectibles. Video games. Etc.   

So you can prove that you are the owner of a picture of a monkey?   I know crypto guys waaayyyy smarter than me who are completely sold on them…I guess I may not see the big NFT picture.  I have a few…which reminds me. What been going on with VEVE /OMI?   Can u get cash for gems yet? Anyone know?  Other than selling on eBay etc?  

15 minutes ago, IAG said:

Never got the NFT thing.   Sometimes I think maybe it’s how people used to think about BTC, and maybe I just don’t completely get the NFT thing.   Then I think Nah….

Me neither.  I never understood NFT's from the moment I heard about them.  Seems completely stupid.  Why have a digital baseball card instead of an actual physical card?  You can't hang your child's digital 20k batman poster in his room like you could a physical poster.  Oh you have a 30k Delorean that you drive around like you're in a grand theft auto simulation.  Blows my mind that anybody ever wanted any of that stuff vs an actual baseball card, poster, or Delorean.

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Me neither.  I never understood NFT's from the moment I heard about them.  Seems completely stupid.  Why have a digital baseball card instead of an actual physical card?  You can't hang your child's digital 20k batman poster in his room like you could a physical poster.  Oh you have a 30k Delorean that you drive around like you're in a grand theft auto simulation.  Blows my mind that anybody ever wanted any of that stuff vs an actual baseball card, poster, or Delorean.

Right…I guess because you can prove you own it?   I’d rather have the physical…with possession being 9/10ths of the law…but again, I’m open  to the idea I’m missing it…?   Weird world we live in. 

QUOTES off the wire..............

Another member of the r/terraluna subreddit wrote: ‘I lost over $450,000, I cannot pay the bank. I will lose my home soon. I’ll become homeless.’

-------------------

‘I should’ve cashed out when it was $100, then I would have been up $25,000.

‘But I got greedy hoping to get more money so I can at least afford a downpayment for a house for my family. I guess no house and savings then.

The world is moving digital. 

At some point, there will conceivably be the digital equivalent of the Mona Lisa. To preserve that Mona Lisa’s ownership, however, will only require security of that persons private keys, not an entire museum of security and preservation. This is effectively the extrapolated argument for the value of NFT’s.

That said I don’t own any; never have, and will not likely pursue them as an investment vehicle but will only utilize that technology once it’s reached full adoption (ie, a sporting event ticket)