Crypto taking a beating

redstripe

1 hour ago, ERBtheGREAT said:

If bitcoin dropped to 10k by Tuesday, would dow open over/under 1000 points down? 

I'd say almost definitely over if that were to happen.  That's even more panic selling which means institutional investors are scrambling.

I think the odds that BTC hits 10k by Tuesday are extremely slim though.  It's gonna take a bit to get there I think.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only problem with bitcoin is it's worthless, other than that it's great. A fake digital currency created through fake mining, it's perfect for our fake economy.

Now i know all of you will chime in and say oh yea, so's the dollar, and you're right, but that doesn't make bitcoin real.

Bitcoins were worth $60,000 for the same reason Tulips were valuable 500 years ago.

4 minutes ago, mikeman said:

The only problem with bitcoin is it's worthless, other than that it's great. A fake digital currency created through fake mining, it's perfect for our fake economy.

Now i know all of you will chime in and say oh yea, so's the dollar, and you're right, but that doesn't make bitcoin real.

Bitcoins were worth $60,000 for the same reason Tulips were valuable 500 years ago.

i have always agreed... the only reason ANYTHING has value, from dollars to bitcoin to real estate to stocks... is that the person on the other side of the trade agrees that it has that value

the only real wealth and real money is gold/silver/platinum/palladium, everything else is bullshit... that's why i get somewhat irritated by the "dogecoin is a scam" "tether is a scam" stuff... ok so tether is a scam/ponzi but fucking pancake swap isn't?

Just now, mikeman said:

I wonder how the mayor of NY(adams) feels as he was so proud he was getting paid in bitcoin? I'm not sure but I think it's only half his salary, could be wrong on that.

if he was a true believer and/or not a coward, he would be happy because he's now getting more bitcoin at a cheaper price

same with the stock market... if something you want at macy's is 40% off, you buy it and are happy, so why do people sell stocks instead of being happy and buying when they are 40% off

7 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

if he was a true believer and/or not a coward, he would be happy because he's now getting more bitcoin at a cheaper price

same with the stock market... if something you want at macy's is 40% off, you buy it and are happy, so why do people sell stocks instead of being happy and buying when they are 40% off

I chickened out and pulled about 15%  more of my IRA's into cash the other day - right now I'm about 60% cash, I'm usually wrong when I do it but i dont want to just watch it evaporate like 2008.

3 hours ago, mikeman said:

I chickened out and pulled about 15%  more of my IRA's into cash the other day - right now I'm about 60% cash, I'm usually wrong when I do it but i dont want to just watch it evaporate like 2008.

at least put it into a 1-yr cd for 3% or something inside of the ira

losing 10% to inflation by sitting on cash isn't great but it might be better than a lot of alternatives

6 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

at least put it into a 1-yr cd for 3% or something inside of the ira

losing 10% to inflation by sitting on cash isn't great but it might be better than a lot of alternatives

i cant do that, it's in a mutual fund, the fund family doesn't sell CD's and I'm not moving it somewhere when at any given time I might want to jump back in.