Crypto taking a beating

redstripe

6 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

............perhaps why we may only see a 50 basis points rise today IMO(probably 75 though)

• Wharton economist Jeremy Siegel said the Federal Reserve should raise interest rates by 100 basis points.

I've heard several people say go the whole pt. Apparently Powell by nature is a pussy that's incapable of bold action, he will always take small timid steps. We'll see what happens later.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I've heard several people say go the whole pt. Apparently Powell by nature is a pussy that's incapable of bold action, he will always take small timid steps. We'll see what happens later.

Thought 50 four days ago.........but would say 75 basis points is the prohibitive favorite currently.

75----50----100 (in that order)

Tent city is in tatters.  A few members have reupped and are continuing to lose their ass.  Personally, I have taken a beating on nearly all fronts.  Years of profits wiped away. My net worth dropped 30% ytd and that includes real estate gains.  Remaining assets are worth about 8% less in real value but the smarter side of me knows that inflation is really well into double digits.

5 minutes ago, WVU said:

Tent city is in tatters.  A few members have reupped and are continuing to lose their ass.  Personally, I have taken a beating on nearly all fronts.  Years of profits wiped away. My net worth dropped 30% ytd and that includes real estate gains.  Remaining assets are worth about 8% less in real value but the smarter side of me knows that inflation is really well into double digits.

unfortunately i'm with you there... and we will probably never work again so it's extra painful

down 30%+ and inflation at 10%+ so pretty much half of my wealth has evaporated in 6 months

3 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Get ready because interest rate increases mean todays 6% mortgages(which are on the verge of crashing housing) will be 8-9% fairly soon.

I will be fine,it’s the younger generation that got accustomed to cheap money that will lose their houses.I have paid as much as 14 % on my mortgages and probably would average around 8% over my lifetime of indebtedness.Some people here owe a million dollars on their properties,every 1 % increase in interest rates would be ~800.00 more per month in payments 

2 minutes ago, Dingo said:

I remember in the early 80s,interest hit 21% here.Saw a lot of people lose their homes to the banks.Looks like history might repeat itself 

Of course i paid $72,900 for my first house, the amortization table on that isn't so bad. the difference in interest paid per year between 9% and 11% is only $100 month.

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

Of course i paid $72,900 for my first house, the amortization table on that isn't so bad. the difference in interest paid per year between 9% and 11% is only $100 month.

My friend just bought a 2400 sq foot in my hometown for $26,999.............welcome to hicksville USA