Crypto taking a beating

redstripe

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

I’m partially kidding

i know you’ve been in this forever and endured the bloody days. but if you don’t hold your keys, then yes, you don’t understand bitcoin. 

Bullshit. I understand and know it’s the smart thing to do for most, but I don’t,  and have my reasons. .  That has nothing to do with me “understanding bitcoin.” 

Your primary reasons as stated here is that you want to be first to the exit in the event of a price implosion and because you don’t trust yourself to not lose something.

Might as well turn yourself in as a ward of the state if you’d rather someone else manage your existence. What you’re doing now is just paying for a false sense of security on what you “own”.

14 minutes ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

Your primary reasons as stated here is that you want to be first to the exit in the event of a price implosion and because you don’t trust yourself to not lose something.

Might as well turn yourself in as a ward of the state if you’d rather someone else manage your existence. What you’re doing now is just paying for a false sense of security on what you “own”.

Not my existence, my crypto.…Just months ago you were bemoaning a crash and I was reconfirming the lessons I have learned over five years..including the lesson to not panic sell.  I am willing to take the risk of another MT Gox,  I have coins at 6 exchanges and XTZ on chain since ICO.  If one gets Goxxed then so be it…at least for now.    Again, you thinking you have a better understanding of crypto than many here, and spouting Maximalism while owning alts is odd…especially when ur determination of understanding is tied to whether one holds his/her keys.   If SEVERE  stable coin regulation/crypto because of UST seems imminent,and it sure looks like it may be,  I will move to a PW…until then I choose to have faith in the boys from Harvard. 
If you think telling crypto people not your coins, not your keys is some big revelation, it’s not.   It’s crypto 101.   Believe me I get it. 

GL

9 minutes ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

You two have a slightly different philosophy about an investment and you're trying to make it into a moral argument..."you're not mentally strong enough to own this investment".

Just as covid has become a religion to the left, it's clear you treat crypto as a religion.

4 minutes ago, WeinkeToWarrick said:

Let me be clear.

You don’t have shit.

Not your keys not your coins 

AGAIN, not a revelation…Crypto 101.  It’s amazing I’ve made more in single days than you own now considering I don’t own anything.  You are also basing your choice on a worst case scenario.   Faulty logic. 

6 minutes ago, IAG said:

Not my existence, my crypto.…Just months ago you were bemoaning a crash and I was reconfirming the lessons I have learned over five years..including the lesson to not panic sell.  I am willing to take the risk of another MT Gox,  I have coins at 6 exchanges and XTZ on chain since ICO.  If one gets Goxxed then so be it…at least for now.    Again, you thinking you have a better understanding of crypto than many here, and spouting Maximalism while owning alts is odd…especially when ur determination of understanding is tied to whether one holds his/her keys.   If SEVERE  stable coin regulation/crypto because of UST seems imminent,and it sure looks like it may be,  I will move to a PW…until then I choose to have faith in the boys from Harvard. 
If you think telling crypto people not your coins, not your keys is some big revelation, it’s not.   It’s crypto 101.   Believe me I get it. 

GL

I don't understand that honestly.  If you're not gonna panic sell, then having them at an exchange for the purpose of a quick sale kind of contradicts what you're saying.

To each their own, but I don't even trust banks where my money is mostly insured.  Chase recently put one of my business accounts on a restricted status and froze all of my funds because of a single check that came from a cannabis account.  It was a nightmare trying to get my money back.  Whenever I can, I'd much rather have control of my own money and not trust corporations with it.

2 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

I don't understand that honestly.  If you're not gonna panic sell, then having them at an exchange for the purpose of a quick sale kind of contradicts what you're saying.

To each their own, but I don't even trust banks where my money is mostly insured.  Chase recently put one of my business accounts on a restricted status and froze all of my funds because of a single check that came from a cannabis account.  It was a nightmare trying to get my money back.  Whenever I can, I'd much rather have control of my own money and not trust corporations with it.

I would only panic sell if Tether implodes which has always concerned me.  Honestly, it is more about me feeling for ME the safer route is an exchange.  In my work life as a paralegal I was 100 percent organized…in my personal affairs, not as much.   If one is going to argue for a private wallet, might as well go all the way to a hardware wallet.  

Also, if you actively trade…which I did for a couple years, obv you want it on an exchange.  It’s a personal thing and I get it believe me I get it,  I actually trust exchanges more than banks. Gemini has (or did) the best security and cold storage.   

it’s a personal preference, but I know YOU know Monkey, that as long as I understand BTC 101 NYKNYC, and I choose to do me, it still has no reflection on understanding of crypto.  That’s just laughable. 

1 minute ago, mikeman said:

A question for you experts. Could the govt, an evil govt, ban crypto? Then what? Now perhaps they cant seize your precious coins, but they could make it almost impossible to trade couldn't they?

Many have “banned it.”   I think China has banned it about 6 times now lol 😂They could outlaw private wallets in theory…just read something  about  that yesterday,   They can do whatever they want, but in likelihood they would just try to regulate it to death.   

9 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

What is the value of bitcoin or any other crypto currency?

Bitcoin’s value prop is world’s apart from any others.

It’s value is the value of freedom. Freedom of transaction is the precursor to all other freedoms and that is what bitcoin provides. How that gets priced in dollars fluctuates wildly due to major market manipulation by big players.