How bad is this bath tub off?

KingKolzig

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, redstripe said:

Tip # 2 Fill the tub with water when you caulk around the edge that meets tile. Leave water in for 24 hours ,then drain 

This will prevent caulking from ever cracking.

Tip # 1 Was use a level when setting tub. 

putting this weight wont fix it unless it is too much foam. which might work a little if thats the case

im going to finish the rest of the shack and then go back in take the tub apart. tub wont be damaged but i might need new tile so ill lose $125 or so. i can do it all from youtube if i really research before i start

Just now, KingKolzig said:

she took it well. i told her likely $700 mistake if i dont do something dumb like cut into the tub or the side of the house

i dont understand what the big deal is - tear it out and all you've really ruined are tiles right? that's not that much money.

buried by a $3 can of foam

Yes, expanding spray foam can be used under a bathtub. It can reduce coldness and flex in an existing install, but an improper application can result in additional problems. It's important to understand that the tried-and-true best practice for preventing flex in a newly installed bathtub is with a mortar slab.

18 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

yes i could tear it out without damaging it. but its not guaranteed i get it right the 2nd time

and then i wont have a shower for a few days which sucks

Why couldn't you level it properly if you were careful and prepped everything?

How are you supposed to level it, does it have feet you adjust or are you supposed to shim it - or maybe just level the floor?

1 hour ago, KingKolzig said:

putting this weight wont fix it unless it is too much foam. which might work a little if thats the case

im going to finish the rest of the shack and then go back in take the tub apart. tub wont be damaged but i might need new tile so ill lose $125 or so. i can do it all from youtube if i really research before i start

Clogz

fuck the bathtub close it off and condemn it....... 10 bucks a month you can shower and local planet fitness....here is the address pal...

50 Pleasant St

Dracut, MA 01826

United States