I'm leaving deadwood

mikeman

Having a good trip, saw the badlands -i was there 40 years ago and it hasn't changed, too much driving looking at the same thing again and again.  The blackjack players in deadwood are among the worst I'vw seen, splitting tens,  doubling on 20, splitting 7's against a face and then standing on crap, etc. It's almost comical, one guywould bust hand after hand against a dealers bust card and then yell "fuck" every time, then he'd stand with crap against a face and the dealer would have a 8 or 9 and he'd yell "F" again. I',m ahead about $100 and had a free buffet at the silverado. Heading to nebraska next.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry didn’t have a chance to meet up with you.,thought about driving in and hunting u down, but we were waiting to see if softball was rained out (it was) and weather was a little treacherous last night, at least in Sturgis…I’ve never seen those kind of BJ players here, but that had to be annoying.   I imagine it was pretty quiet in town last night?  Saturday night was crowded with WBD and Teri Clark who was awesome… 

Where did you play? Safe travels today!

22 minutes ago, IAG said:

Sorry didn’t have a chance to meet up with you.,thought about driving in and hunting u down, but we were waiting to see if softball was rained out (it was) and weather was a little treacherous last night, at least in Sturgis…I’ve never seen those kind of BJ players here, but that had to be annoying.   I imagine it was pretty quiet in town last night?  Saturday night was crowded with WBD and Teri Clark who was awesome… 

Where did you play? Safe travels today!

I left MN and it was in the 90's most of the way out, came through sturgis up to deadwood during that big rainstorm, could barely see and it was in the 60's. Quite the change. Did my best at the mountain grand, played a long time with some people from WY and TX, played all over, signed up for the card at the silverado , took me about 30 min to earn $56 in food comps as a sign up bonus. so I have enugh for another buffet next time. The buffet was so so but for free I cant complain, definitely no  top 5 in the state brock rating. Yea it was slow but I knew that, tables were open most places though.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I woke up early to follow your progress Mike. The Badlands haven't changed in 8000 years...

Did you have dessert at the buffet?

Had a little soft serve ice cream. I'll try to update my travels -especially the upcoming dodge city stockyards.

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I left MN and it was in the 90's most of the way out, came through sturgis up to deadwood during that big rainstorm, could barely see and it was in the 60's. Quite the change. Did my best at the mountain grand, played a long time with some people from WY and TX, played all over, signed up for the card at the silverado , took me about 30 min to earn $56 in food comps as a sign up bonus. so I have enugh for another buffet next time. The buffet was so so but for free I cant complain, definitely no  top 5 in the state brock rating. Yea it was slow but I knew that, tables were open most places though.

You went to the Grand?   Do you remember who were ur dealers?  Let’s see Monday..,Roxanne, Dan, Chad maybe…forget who all works Mondays.  Silverado used to be my go to to play,  til I started going to the Grand.   You should have used ur Silverado food comps at the Steak House at the Franklin.  Tremendous…I think you can use both places?

4 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Oh yea, one other thing, I saw a black guy eating at the buffet. So there is at least one in town. Just had breakfast at the cafe here, on of the servers was mybe 10 years old. I think she helps her mom.

Almost zero diversity here.  Quite different than East River. 

8 hours ago, IAG said:

You went to the Grand?   Do you remember who were ur dealers?  Let’s see Monday..,Roxanne, Dan, Chad maybe…forget who all works Mondays.  Silverado used to be my go to to play,  til I started going to the Grand.   You should have used ur Silverado food comps at the Steak House at the Franklin.  Tremendous…I think you can use both places?

I think it was roxanne, the guy I dont remember his name, he said he was canadian - dark hair 30's, early 40's

just checked in, I'm in ultra glamorous sidney NE, came the western way through wyoming via scottsbluff, my car is utterly filthy after driving 20 miles down some dirt road trying to get the the highest point in NE, I stopped and talked to some farmer on the road - he directed me, turns out if I went a different way I'd have only had maybe 4-5 miles of dirt.

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I think it was roxanne, the guy I dont remember his name, he said he was canadian - dark hair 30's, early 40's

Hahaha. Yeah Roxanne with the Lonnnng hair.  She’s brought me home a few times when I wanted to stay later than the bf.…Dan is former professional hockey player and coach of the RC Rush…he helped me move…lol