Stress test…anyone ever have one?

IAG

1 minute ago, mike499 said:

First time I had one they could not get my heart pumping and were hesitant to use the medicine she asked her Dr if she had any suggestions I asked her if we could simulate me being pulled over with a couple keys of coke and a loaded Glock lol.

:lol

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dont like the idea of getting  a stress test, etc. What if they find something, then they'll want you to change everything, F that. As was mentioned your creatine is just  a smidge high, no need to be alarmed, just monitor. Sounds like you did good on that test, I've heard people say it's horrible and they run you till you feel like dying, well done.

51 minutes ago, Hoops said:

How did it go pal? :pop

Ok.  Would have been better if they weren’t talking to me the whole time.  Besides the newfound kidney possible issue, got the stress test report and I don’t t know what to make of it…hopefully better than it looks. Haven’t talked to doc yet. I’ll post what I got.

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

Dont like the idea of getting  a stress test, etc. What if they find something, then they'll want you to change everything, F that. As was mentioned your creatine is just  a smidge high, no need to be alarmed, just monitor. Sounds like you did good on that test, I've heard people say it's horrible and they run you till you feel like dying, well done.

Idk.  I read the narrative but no idea what it really means. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Ischemic Heart Disease to some degree exists in most adults. 

Your Cardiologist will give you the comprehensive picture.

Yeah, I always jump the gun when reading these reports, but I’ve done Keto on and off  the last  few years..used to have exceptional cholesterol and BP, and most recent test shows it’s BAD.  Living here I have eaten more meat and fried food than in the last decade.   Not good.

38 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Get the colonoscopy too iag. I knew 2 people that passed away in their 50's due to colon cancer. 

You only need one once every 4 or 5 years. 

38 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Get the colonoscopy too iag. I knew 2 people that passed away in their 50's due to colon cancer. 

You only need one once every 4 or 5 years. 

That sucks, I’m sorry,  I’ll take it under advisement.

2 hours ago, IAG said:

That sucks, I’m sorry,  I’ll take it under advisement.

I'm 62, they've been bugging me to get one since my early 50's, I just say no thanks, then they have me do a Fecal blood test or more recently a cologuard test - those are easy.  The testing industry is just as corrupt as the vaccine industry IMO.

1 hour ago, EugeneMorgan said:

Most everything is diet related.  Instead of pointless doctor visits read up on nutrition and stick to a plan. If you need to drop some weight do some light cardio and cut out the bad stuff particularly sugar. No one wants to here it but too much meat is not good for you.

Oh I agree with that…I was practically a vegetarian years ago…if I ate meat it was chicken, and my numbers were much better.

when you said keto a few times that raised the liver alarm.

if you aren't drinking a shit ton of water, you are stressing your organs.

also, lose weight.  can't stress that enough and i say that with no malice but it is amazing how 5, 10, 20 pounds makes a multiplicative difference.  i can include myself with this advice.

6 hours ago, EugeneMorgan said:

when you said keto a few times that raised the liver alarm.

if you aren't drinking a shit ton of water, you are stressing your organs.

also, lose weight.  can't stress that enough and i say that with no malice but it is amazing how 5, 10, 20 pounds makes a multiplicative difference.  i can include myself with this advice.

Working on it. And I used to drink so much water,,,really have to force it now, but I will.   I gained at least ten kbs out here because their is so much bar food and eating way too much fried stuff,  I KNOW it’s bad, but been doing it anyway.  I know how to do it, it’s just a matter of doing it,.and it gets harder to lose as you get olde…and yeah, I hate abandoning keto,  but I know damn well that has contributed to my cholesterol even before I moved here,…went back got look at my numbers and got bad when I started eating more red meat. Limiting myself to red meat once  a week, if that, going forward.  Unfortunate, but necessary.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, IAG said:

Ok…Now…Anyone ever have an angiogram?

Are they suspecting a blockage? And if so, have they told you if they find one, that they'll perform angioplasty?

My mom had it done years ago. From what I remember, it's pretty simple and you go home either same day or next day. 

She had a massive shortness of breath issue from even just walking up 10 stairs. They did the angioplasty,  and she was a new person. 

13 minutes ago, richsox24 said:

Are they suspecting a blockage? And if so, have they told you if they find one, that they'll perform angioplasty?

My mom had it done years ago. From what I remember, it's pretty simple and you go home either same day or next day. 

She had a massive shortness of breath issue from even just walking up 10 stairs. They did the angioplasty,  and she was a new person. 

They really haven’t told me much. I think it has to do with the stress results which I posted above:

“Abnormal ECG suggestive of ischemia. 1 mm of horizontal ST segment depression inferiorly at peak exertion, at 3 minutes in recovery 1 mm horizontal ST segment depression
inferiorly and V4 to V6
Normal heart rate response.
Blunted blood pressure response.
Average exercise capacity for age and gender.
Normal LV size, normal wall motion. EF 61%

On myocardial perfusion imaging no evidence of any definite significant ischemia”         Haven’t talked to the doctor since the CT scan or stress test.  Nurse just called and said he wanted to schedule angiogram.     This all originally  came about when they did echo for cough and found the aneurysm…apparently this is a separate deal.   So sick of these tests though.  I suppose they think my  arteries might be narrow and heart not getting enough blood.   I don’t think so, but I’ll do it…just sounds like an unpleasant deal.  

24 minutes ago, IAG said:

They really haven’t told me much. I think it has to do with the stress results which I posted above:

“Abnormal ECG suggestive of ischemia. 1 mm of horizontal ST segment depression inferiorly at peak exertion, at 3 minutes in recovery 1 mm horizontal ST segment depression
inferiorly and V4 to V6

On myocardial perfusion imaging no evidence of any definite significant ischemia”         Haven’t talked to the doctor since the CT scan or stress test.  Nurse just called and said he wanted to schedule angiogram.     This all originally  came about when they did echo for cough and found the aneurysm…apparently this is a separate deal.   So sick of these tests though.  I suppose they think my  arteries might be narrow and heart not getting enough blood.   I don’t think so, but I’ll do it…just sounds like an unpleasant deal.  

You're relatively young, tell them Homey dont play that game.

If they're doing a angioplasty they're looking for a blockage which might lead to a bypass or a stent, etc.. if your parents are alive I'd tell them to pound sand.

31 minutes ago, IAG said:

inferiorly and V4 to V6

Aside from taking a long time, it's apparently painless.