OT - Gambling Related Discussion...

El Chapo2017

11 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

that sh1t will lower dopamine and make life suck. likely turn you into a drunk

I doubt it…was originally used for opioids and alcohol….more successful with alcohol than gambling…or at least more studies.  Doesn’t make you sick if  drink on it, just makes you derive less pleasure so your brain naturally starts to crave it less I guess.

https://riahealth.com/blog/a-complete-miracle-how-naltrexone-works-on-your-brain/

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117563&page=1

Also, has a bunch of other beneficial off-label uses I guess. 

8 hours ago, KingKolzig said:

lower your dopamine levels to the point where nothing is interesting and a full day consisting of feeding yourself and showering is considered a job well done

🤔 I see what you are saying.   Same doc prescribes an a/d….if that happens then I’ll stop taking it I guess.  I’ve read reviews and people seem happy….IDK…Contrave is a popular drug for weight loss which is made up of essentially same drug combo I’d be taking. I guess it makes food uninteresting as well?   Also being prescribed for chronic pain….    I’ll have to assess the risk/reward I guess.   FTR, I find most things uninteresting as it is.

9 hours ago, KingKolzig said:

lower your dopamine levels to the point where nothing is interesting and a full day consisting of feeding yourself and showering is considered a job well done

the Wellbutrin increases the dopamine, serotonin and norepinephrine…in any case, I read great things.   Almost makes me wish I was an alcoholic to reap those rewards as well.   As it is, I’m an infrequent drinker ( once a week maybe at most) but I usually am a binge drinker when I do drink. 

Anyway, back off topic, METS need to get it together….Braves only three games back now.