Top drawer dinner in CHICAGO

Brock Landers

6 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Texas is right there with the best there is

the salt lick in Driftwood, a little southwest of Austin, is sublime

That’s great and all, and perhaps it’s just a taste preference but I can’t even name the places my aunt took me to.  They were just hole in the wall mom and pop places that were on the way to my aunt and uncles house when she picked me and my mom up from RDU for UNC games or bball camp.  I don’t even really care for bbq as ours here sucks, but every single North Carolina place I was ever taken to was just a regular small spot and incredible.  You won’t find them on a best bbq in america list review most likely.

I made my own Carolina vinegar based bbq sauce recently.  Pretty damn good and simple.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think there are any great bbq places in Vegas. Been to almost all of them and only a few are even good.

There no substitute for whole hog low and slow and all the place here take shortcuts and it shows.

There have been famous bbq restaurants here, namely salt lick, gates, Memphis championship bbq. All were garbage and a pale comparison of the originals.

There is no place in town that makes half decent Carolina chopped bbq. Soul belly is probably the closest you are going to get but even that is nothing more than slightly above average.

3 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

I don't think there are any great bbq places in Vegas. Been to almost all of them and only a few are even good.

There no substitute for whole hog low and slow and all the place here take shortcuts and it shows.

There have been famous bbq restaurants here, namely salt lick, gates, Memphis championship bbq. All were garbage and a pale comparison of the originals.

There is no place in town that makes half decent Carolina chopped bbq. Soul belly is probably the closest you are going to get but even that is nothing more than slightly above average.

Solid report Gene 

Any opinions on these places?

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/las-vegas/best-bbq-restaurants-las-vegas

5 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Nope

Many fine establishments

Lawry's is top drawer every time 

Why do you always order prime rib consisting of 50% fat, instead of a bone in ribeye?  Prime rib seems like the most useless order ever when you could just get a ribeye.  Plus your dog will love the bone later.

2 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

I get the bone in prime rib more often than not.  I don't have dog 

I just don’t understand the appeal of prime rib.  A bone in ribeye is the best of the best outside of a butcher that does the rolled cap.  You should get a dog too.  They’re part of what makes life memorable vs “alright you mother fuckers” videos.  GL with your wagers this 4th weekend.

1 minute ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I just don’t understand the appeal of prime rib.  A bone in ribeye is the best of the best outside of a butcher that does the rolled cap.  You should get a dog too.  They’re part of what makes life memorable vs “alright you mother fuckers” videos.  GL with your wagers this 4th weekend.

He has NO IDEA about food................ZILCH