Firehouse Subs?

The X

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well my experience went well. Thought it was good for a chain. Was is mind blowing no. Would I eat again? Yes. Definately no mom and pop sub shop. But yeah overall pretty good. I was on the fence of Jersey Mike's or here. Never had it so I decided to give it a try.  

9 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

something very fishy about Quiznos being blown off the map. mention it to anyone and they will tell you they loved it 

They had horrible management from the top.  They charged too much for a franchise and then screwed all the owners over making them buy from only their selected suppliers which were as expensive as it gets.  There wasn’t a way to profitably and happily own one.  Before they closed my last local one, the Korean guy that owned it was totally miserable and resentful towards them and how impossible they made it be even worth owning.  A real shame bc there was no reason for them to be so greedy just to compete with Subway, Mcdonald’s and Chic Fil-A.  2 of the 3 are garbage.

God their sandwiches were good though.  I had a buddy in college that worked there and used to hook me up with the prime rib peppercorn sandwich.  A small and he would put beyond the large sized amounts of meat on it.  

I usually resort to Jimmy Johns these days but they pretty much suck.  Jersey Mikes is slightly better but not right around the corner from me.  I wish Quiznos would come back.

Quiznos basically put themselves out of business. They had a Tremendous franchise with good subs. But they overflooded the market with their own franchise. They had one every 2miles apart. Basically mushed themselves. Sucks, because it was really good. 

31 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

They had horrible management from the top.  They charged too much for a franchise and then screwed all the owners over making them buy from only their selected suppliers which were as expensive as it gets.  There wasn’t a way to profitably and happily own one.  Before they closed my last local one, the Korean guy that owned it was totally miserable and resentful towards them and how impossible they made it be even worth owning.  A real shame bc there was no reason for them to be so greedy just to compete with Subway, Mcdonald’s and Chic Fil-A.  2 of the 3 are garbage.

God their sandwiches were good though.  I had a buddy in college that worked there and used to hook me up with the prime rib peppercorn sandwich.  A small and he would put beyond the large sized amounts of meat on it.  

I usually resort to Jimmy Johns these days but they pretty much suck.  Jersey Mikes is slightly better but not right around the corner from me.  I wish Quiznos would come back.

black guy owned the one in Daytona Beach. just a small one on atlantic ave

had pics of himself on the wall with his family and employees. place was spotless. guy got buried he should have opened a gay night club

9 minutes ago, The X said:

Quiznos basically put themselves out of business. They had a Tremendous franchise with good subs. But they overflooded the market with their own franchise. They had one every 2miles apart. Basically mushed themselves. Sucks, because it was really good. 

What I listed was the real problem.  It’s weird not to see them around anymore.  So many chain sub places are complete garbage and one of the best there was is almost completely gone.

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/amp/financing/brief-history-quiznos-collapse

17 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

What I listed was the real problem.  It’s weird not to see them around anymore.  So many chain sub places are complete garbage and one of the best there was is almost completely gone.

https://www.restaurantbusinessonline.com/amp/financing/brief-history-quiznos-collapse

I don't know? In N.H. they flooded the market at soon as they hit big. They were everywhere for like 2yrs. All down hill from there. 

4 minutes ago, The X said:

I don't know? In N.H. they flooded the market at soon as they hit big. They were everywhere for like 2yrs. All down hill from there. 

I didn’t say you didn’t.  It certainly wouldn’t have helped and added on the basic failing economical plan of charging heavy fees for a franchise and forcing them to use distributors that charged the highest possible prices.  A Quiznos right around the corner would have made it useless for both under those conditions.

There has to be a way they can make a comeback.  Maybe under a new name or ownership, but they were too good vs the other garbage chains to just go out of business with no way to sustain the idea.

Agreed with everything said about Quiznos. When I first moved to Orlando they seemed to be all over; definately the chain of choice in late 90s and early 00s. Then they seemingly disappeared overnight

Enjoyed Firehouse while they lasted but the one around the corner from me folded it tent right when Covid started which I found strange as they were always hella busy

The nice thing with central Florida is there are mom and pop shops all over that are better and cheaper. 

3 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

AXL, like Bobby, should avoid food topics.

CLUELESS

AXL should be made to pay back the credit card companies hes stiffed thru the years. including his mothers c.card that he used after her passing. he told them to screw on the bill. right from the assholes mouth. documented