Landers Lunch Thread.

The X

27 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

used to be called luca pizza at mayfair/brookfield square

only ones left around here are mayfair and pleasant prairie

where do you work near there?  we have probably crossed paths and didn't realize it

Never went to Luca’s or Villa. Is it the mall? I’ll have to stop there since it’s not far from my work and if go out to lunch I get out of the hood where my office is located.  I work for AT&T on mobility side of the business,  Carmen Ave and Appleton Ave. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, milwaukee mike said:

see this is where a normal, open-minded, non-psychopath would say hmmm... what have i been missing in the world of sports betting... and maybe i'll ask how i could make money on horse racing or mma instead of being a know-it-all that has somehow lost enough money gambling to declare multiple bankruptcies... while others here have MADE enough money gambling to support their families and buy multiple properties, etc

Sigh

Just now, Brayden11 said:

Never went to Luca’s or Villa. Is it the mall? I’ll have to stop there since it’s not far from my work and if go out to lunch I get out of the hood where my office is located.  I work for AT&T on mobility side of the business,  Carmen Ave and Appleton Ave. 

oh i'm on the other side of timmerman playing disc golf at madison park quite a bit

yes villa is in mayfair mall, but like many restaurants they have been randomly closed at times lately so maybe call first... last night they were closed before 7 so we went to the terrible bw3 across the street... should've gone to dave & busters where i have like $1000 worth of points for food lol

1 hour ago, milwaukee mike said:

that pizza looks like rocky rococo here... not the worst thing, but when villa pizza here at the mall was closed i had to go there... was laughing about it with the villa owner and he said "yeah their pizza is bullshit"

:laugh

It does.  Rocky's is still around?  There was a Rocky's on Regent in Madison that I'd hit every once in a while when I was in college because it was cheap.  Always knew it was garbage though.

There was never anyone in the place.  Always figured the Godfather was just laundering money.

There was a Pizza Hut on State Street that had a lunch buffet that was always packed and somehow that place ended up going out of business.

32 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

yeah winning gamblers with good systems/angles just always randomly take weeks off

i have over 40 horse racing/mma bets going today, why would i take a vacation from making money, drinking, and having fun?  but wait i could be eating some garbage pizza lolol

He replied with "sigh." See, this is where you lose him. When you start talking about family and assets and the like. He has absolutely no interest in those types of things. 

2 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

It does.  Rocky's is still around?  There was a Rocky's on Regent in Madison that I'd hit every once in a while when I was in college because it was cheap.  Always knew it was garbage though.

There was never anyone in the place.  Always figured the Godfather was just laundering money.

There was a Pizza Hut on State Street that had a lunch buffet that was always packed and somehow that place ended up going out of business.

yeah almost all the rocky's with salad bars and/or arcades closed though... one still around by the zoo with a salad bar, that used to be ok because i knew a guy that managed it and he would give me free coronas if i ordered something

6 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

yeah almost all the rocky's with salad bars and/or arcades closed though... one still around by the zoo with a salad bar, that used to be ok because i knew a guy that managed it and he would give me free coronas if i ordered something

Yeah.  The salad bar was the only reason I went there.  It was across from Regent Street Retreat.  Wouldn't doubt if none of that shit is there anymore.

yeah winning gamblers with good systems/angles just always randomly take weeks off

i have over 40 horse racing/mma bets going today, why would i take a vacation from making money, drinking, and having fun?  but wait i could be eating some garbage pizza lolol

THIS

44 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

see this is where a normal, open-minded, non-psychopath would say hmmm... what have i been missing in the world of sports betting... and maybe i'll ask how i could make money on horse racing or mma instead of being a know-it-all that has somehow lost enough money gambling to declare multiple bankruptcies... while others here have MADE enough money gambling to support their families and buy multiple properties, etc

This

:flag

2 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Stopped at a BOJANGLES in MARION, IL, brand new location.  Had never tried it before and was very pleasantly surprised.  The chicken sandwich isn't advertised as "spicy" but was nicely spiced with the spice cooked in, as opposed to a mayo on top.

Only BOJANGLES in the state, very nice find.

IMG-20220715-WA0038.jpeg

IMG-20220715-WA0040.jpeg

That chicken looks like it was meant to be served at the nearby Federal Penitentiary.

9 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Stopped at a BOJANGLES in MARION, IL, brand new location.  Had never tried it before and was very pleasantly surprised.  The chicken sandwich isn't advertised as "spicy" but was nicely spiced with the spice cooked in, as opposed to a mayo on top.

IMG-20220715-WA0038.jpeg

IMG-20220715-WA0040.jpeg

Mikey, what do you think of Cousins Subs? I like them but they don't seem to be very popular by me.

Did you ever go to Mountain Jacks in Madison? West Towne Mall around Middleton and East Town Mall. They're lone gone but a favorite of mine. 

21 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

IMG-20220715-WA0038.jpeg

IMG-20220715-WA0040.jpeg

Got to try in on a biscuit Brock. Much better.