Fishhead, ever been here in Las Vegas?

Brock Landers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Brayden11 said:

Was that the place with cheap beer and sawdust on the floor a couple blocks from the El Cortez? I took some buddies there years ago and did some day drinking and video poker, there were some seedy characters in that joint. Brock would have had rave reviews on their food selection.

It was 2-3 blocks further away from the cortez from the rest of fremont, another nice old dump was the gold spike, between the spike and the western they competed for biggest dump full of characters.

The western had real penny slots where degenerates would sit at machines all day and literally feed in pennies by hand, they would have trays 2-3 inches deep of pennies when doing well. I recall playing their $1 BJ and one time upped my bet to $5 and the dealer yelled out "checks play".

24 minutes ago, mikeman said:

It was 2-3 blocks further away from the cortez from the rest of fremont, another nice old dump was the gold spike, between the spike and the western they competed for biggest dump full of characters.

The western had real penny slots where degenerates would sit at machines all day and literally feed in pennies by hand, they would have trays 2-3 inches deep of pennies when doing well. I recall playing their $1 BJ and one time upped my bet to $5 and the dealer yelled out "checks play".

Yep that’s it. Checks play lol

Last night of the Castaways, Steve Wynn bought in for a million at BJ tables, lost about half and tipped the remaining amount to us employees.................that was July of 1987.

To make sure employees would not leave, the Castaways paid us 2 months salary if stayed on to the final days, one week after closing, picked up two months pay at the Silver Slipper, their sister property. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I bumped in Steve Wynn at the Desert Inn pro shop and he asked me if I knew a good place to get a massage.

LOL

Miss the DI...and the Castaways....and the Dunes........and the Sands........................................................think those are the four miss the most.