Fishhead, ever been here in Las Vegas?

Brock Landers

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, FISHHEAD said:

Hoffa and Fish miss the DESERT INN

We had the run of the house at the D.I. when I was a kid.

Racing golf carts, tearing it up poolside and signing for refreshments, gourmet meals in the Crystal room, dinner shows in the Painted Desert room. Debbie Reynolds wishing mom a Happy Birthday from the stage...

Great times.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

We had the run of the house at the D.I. when I was a kid.

Racing golf carts, tearing it up poolside and signing for refreshments, gourmet meals in the Crystal room, dinner shows in the Painted Desert room. Debbie Reynolds wishing mom a Happy Birthday from the stage...

Great times.

Was a special venue........

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Action-packed little dive.

$0.25 craps, $0.25 beer and patrons that would scream and throw shit at the sports book TV.

Madness...

After leaving the Castaways, went on to the ALADDIN and Gene Mayday's right hand man at the Little Caesers , "Buddy", started same time as me there.................we became great friends, he was fantastic and had great old time stories, many involving Gene.    He actually still worked parttime at LC's when he became full time employed at the Alladdin.     

Spent hours and hours hanging out at Little Caesers, for better or worse.

I had a small milk jug of pennies and decided to take them to the western one day to play the penny slots.

Hand feeding them, getting dirty. Gave up after about fifteen minutes bored out of my mind. Gave the rest to a lady next to me. She was so stunned I thought she was gonna cry.

Playing pennies three or five at a time was a painful experience.

2 minutes ago, EugeneMorgan said:

I had a small milk jug of pennies and decided to take them to the western one day to play the penny slots.

Hand feeding them, getting dirty. Gave up after about fifteen minutes bored out of my mind. Gave the rest to a lady next to me. She was so stunned I thought she was gonna cry.

the ONLY fun experience i had using actual coins was when my mother came back to the room at 2am at westward ho... said "mike wake up i have a bucket of dollars we can play with"... i grunt something like get lost

then she comes back at 3am with 2 buckets of dollars... i wake up lol

i'm guessing it was about $1000 but to her, that night, it felt like a million

1 hour ago, EugeneMorgan said:

I believe the top payout on those penny slots - 6 coins per spin as I recall , was either 10000 0r 15,000 pennies $100-150, and I'm sure that paid off once in a blue moon. No one got rich on them.

When worked at the Castaways, would take calls from those LC's payphones daily to write down line moves happening at Little Caesers.     We had one guy stationed at LC's and another at the Stardust to relay line moves to us(payphones at Stardust also, just outside the entrance).