Jimmy Hoffa

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I like carpet in the bedroom, tile in the bathroom only and wood for kitchen and dining room. After those requirements are met I don't care.

Did I mention moving the piano too... No way.

I feel the same way.  Have wood floors throughout the house and hate it.  Gonna put carpet in the upstairs at some point.

I have nowhere to play with my dog inside because she runs in place like Scooby Doo on the wood flooring.  Have to put rugs down everywhere which basically nullifies the entire point of the wood flooring.

4 hours ago, housepicks said:

If you do carpet on stairs…buy it twice, cut to length. In 5 years replace with new shit.

The carpet nap has to run down the steps so you can’t do it in one piece unless you cut it from a 12 x 20 piece of carpet.so then you have a 9 x 20 left over.  Most stairs  are done in 3-4 pieces of carpet as it’s easier to handle and the nap will go the correct way.

7 hours ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

I'm considering...

Downstairs all wood, upstairs new carpet. About 1600 sq. ft on each floor.

So, 600 new wood down stairs and 1200 new carpet upstairs....

Can they match the existing bamboo downstairs or would that have to come out? 

Can the same outfit do wood and carpet?

Biggest question,  do they move all the furniture and shit??

I had a small floor covering chain in MD and WV.  We charged $1 a yard for carpet removal.  It’s probably $1.50 now.  Installation was $3.50 per yard and decent padding was $3 per yard. Hard surfaces labor is much higher, like 2-3 bucks per square foot.

You can match your existing bamboo.

1600 sq feet of carpet plus pad and installation = $5000-$6000

1600 sq feet of wood plus installation = $12000-$15000

same company will do wood and carpet.  Don’t do your own removal as it’s a pain in the ass and not worth your time.  Plus you have to take the old carpet/pad/tack strip to the dump or cut it up for bulk trash.  Paying for take up includes furniture removal and put back.  Large items like pianos will be $100 extra charge to move.

1600 sq feet of carpet and 1600 sq foot of hard wood is a shit ton.  I would guess you don’t need that much.  Important to remember that installers get paid for what they handle and not the room size so you are paying labor for waste carpet and wood as well.  There will be 5-10% waste carpet and wood.

1 hour ago, WVU said:

I had a small floor covering chain in MD and WV.  We charged $1 a yard for carpet removal.  It’s probably $1.50 now.  Installation was $3.50 per yard and decent padding was $3 per yard. Hard surfaces labor is much higher, like 2-3 bucks per square foot.

You can match your existing bamboo.

1600 sq feet of carpet plus pad and installation = $5000-$6000

1600 sq feet of wood plus installation = $12000-$15000

same company will do wood and carpet.  Don’t do your own removal as it’s a pain in the ass and not worth your time.  Plus you have to take the old carpet/pad/tack strip to the dump or cut it up for bulk trash.  Paying for take up includes furniture removal and put back.  Large items like pianos will be $100 extra charge to move.

1600 sq feet of carpet and 1600 sq foot of hard wood is a shit ton.  I would guess you don’t need that much.  Important to remember that installers get paid for what they handle and not the room size so you are paying labor for waste carpet and wood as well.  There will be 5-10% waste carpet and wood.

I knew I was looking at 10k plus...

:flag

13 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Nothing wrong with your home Mike, looks clean and well kept.

I like the clock, less so the lion...

The lion is like 100 years old, I got it handed down from my mother and her parents got it as a wedding present or something(they were married in maybe 1920). Cant really throw it out.